PDA

View Full Version : Jumanji (Review)

WillBrink
06-04-18, 09:08
As the original Jumanji was a stinker, I had no plans to watch this version. I was surprised to see this movie getting generally good reviews from viewers, so I decided to give it a chance. It's actually not a remake, more a whole different approach to the story. It turned out to be a fun and well done movie, and silly good time. The cast does a solid and entertaining job of it, and I was pleasantly surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did. Obviously intended for a younger/family audience, but I'm a big kid and don't care. B+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QKg5SZ_35I

Vandal
06-04-18, 10:12
I saw this with a couple of my partners from work and had a great time. It was much better than I expected (flashbacks to the original, sorry Robin Williams it was bad) and I would watch it again on Netflix if I was bored. Kind of mindless, but pretty well done. The supporting cast filled their roles well without one trying to push into stardom.

WillBrink
06-04-18, 10:37
I saw this with a couple of my partners from work and had a great time. It was much better than I expected (flashbacks to the original, sorry Robin Williams it was bad) and I would watch it again on Netflix if I was bored. Kind of mindless, but pretty well done. The supporting cast filled their roles well without one trying to push into stardom.

Mindless good fun. When ever it started to feel formulaic they took it some place you didn't totally expect which kept interesting and original enough to keep enjoying it. I thought Jack Black did a great job of bringing out his character considering he was the farthest from the person who ended up as a character in the game.

just a scout
06-04-18, 12:38
Saw it with the daughter. Good, fun movie. We both enjoyed it. I’ll get it on iTunes when I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kwelz
06-04-18, 14:47
Mindless fun. And it has Karen Gillan in a hot outfit! That alone is worth watching.