PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Bourdain Dead at 61.

Averageman
06-08-18, 08:16
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/06/08/anthony-bourdain-cnn-host-and-celebrity-chef-dead-at-61.html
Celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain was found dead early Friday morning. He was 61.
"Anthony was found dead this morning in his hotel room in France. He had hung himself, in his hotel room," Stelter said.

The outspoken chef was reportedly found unresponsive by his close friend, French chef Eric Ripert. The network said he was working on an upcoming episode of his show "Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRwiSpXv1P8

I didn't like his politics, but his show was unique and sometimes amazing.

Arik
06-08-18, 08:20
I never followed him enough to know his politics but his shows were interesting. Seeing cultures through food!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Averageman
06-08-18, 08:26
I never followed him enough to know his politics but his shows were interesting. Seeing cultures through food!

So, how do I get that job?

Arik
06-08-18, 08:35
Travel, eat and drink! Yea I want that too! I guess knowing food and how to write helps!

austinN4
06-08-18, 08:37
I didn't like his politics, but his show was unique and sometimes amazing.
Parts Unknown was one on my favorite TV shows and the only CNN show that I would watch. Food, drink and travel - what's not to like.

Supposedly he was a reformed heroin addict. When I first saw the news I thought he might have fallen off the wagon and OD'd so I was surprised to see he hung himself.

Whiskey_Bravo
06-08-18, 08:40
Sucks that he took his own life. Great shows and enjoyed reading his books.

Sam
06-08-18, 08:57
Mental health issues affect everybody. No one knows the demon that lurks inside someone's head. It doesn't matter what his political belief is, it is sad that someone is in so much pain and trouble that he has to end his life. May he rest in peace.

austinN4
06-08-18, 09:00
Mental health issues affect everybody. No one knows the demon that lurks inside someone's head. It doesn't matter what his political belief is, it is sad that someone is in so much pain and trouble that he has to end his life. May he rest in peace.

Well said.

militarymoron
06-08-18, 09:47
Didn't know much about the man, but I enjoyed his shows and learned a lot from them.

ramairthree
06-08-18, 09:59
Was there a note or was this some weird David Carradine thing?

Edit-
For clarity, yes I am serious.

Averageman
06-08-18, 10:03
Was there a note or was this some weird David Carradine thing?

Edit-
For clarity, yes I am serious.

I have to admit, I wondered about that myself.

TomMcC
06-08-18, 10:15
Never heard of him. Too bad he didn't have something to live for.

austinN4
06-08-18, 10:24
Never heard of him. Too bad he didn't have something to live for.
More likely, he was probably trying to escape something.

TomMcC
06-08-18, 10:31
More likely, he was probably trying to escape something.

Maybe, but seems to me having some firm hope and a purpose to your life could go a long way to overcoming those things you're trying to escape.

Alex V
06-08-18, 10:51
You mean the man who said he wanted to poison the POTUS? Nice guy! Gonna miss him. Not!

sundance435
06-08-18, 11:05
You mean the man who said he wanted to poison the POTUS? Nice guy! Gonna miss him. Not!

Yeah, in his later shows, especially the one on CNN, he got too lefty-political for me - he usually didn't miss an opportunity to knock the U.S. or the President. I loved the original "No Reservations" on the Travel Channel, though.

RetroRevolver77
06-08-18, 11:50
This might not have been a suicide. There's been a rash of minor celebs and people connected to the left getting deaded recently.

Not sure if this is legit, some say he's a LARP but he has posted some compelling information that should be researched;

EyeTheSpy

"List of cabal connected dead this week:
---
Kate Spade
Inés Zorreguieta
Alan O'Neill
Anthony Bourdain
Ben Krapinski +Wife (Builder to Stars)
Steven Pitt (Ramsey Psychologist)
Tareq Kamleh
John Lermayor
---
There are still more if you look."

https://twitter.com/EyeTheSpy/status/1005055186820325376?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Bourdain's girlfriend was supposedly raped by Weinstein some time ago, apparently she gave witness testimony.

https://twitter.com/bourdain?lang=en

Sam
06-08-18, 13:11
Read post #7. Keep it clean and respectful, or keep out.

VARIABLE9
06-08-18, 13:45
So, how do I get that job?

Apparently the position is now open.

Strange days indeed.

gaijin
06-08-18, 13:45
Opinion; guy was a pompous douche.