PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Trace LGs on a Glock

matt7184
10-29-06, 07:29
Have a question for anyone with lasergrips for their Glock. I am not a fan of the Glock grip angle. Does adding the Lasergrip on seem to change it at all (ie make it point more like a 1911)?

bigbore
10-29-06, 07:32
They definitely change the angle, but I wouldn't say anything like a 1911. You'll need to find someone with them installed to try for yourself. I'd really like to put them on my Glock, but the ergonomics are all wrong for me.

C4IGrant
10-29-06, 07:48
I have them on my Glock and like them a lot. For me, it does make my Glock feel like a LITTLE bit like a 1911. The simply reason is that the CT grips create a beaver tail.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Grant's%20weapons/G19%20X200B%20CT1.JPG

bullitt5172
10-29-06, 10:24
I have them on my Glock and like them a lot. For me, it does make my Glock feel like a LITTLE bit like a 1911. The simply reason is that the CT grips create a beaver tail.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Grant's%20weapons/G19%20X200B%20CT1.JPG

Grant, do you carry this setup? I would like to use the CT grips on my G23 that I carry IWB. I was wondering it they get in the way??

C4IGrant
10-29-06, 10:25
Grant, do you carry this setup? I would like to use the CT grips on my G23 that I carry IWB. I was wondering it they get in the way??

Yes I do (less the X200B).

C4

matt7184
10-29-06, 10:48
Thanks for the replies gentlemen.

ChrisG19
10-29-06, 13:34

matt7184
10-29-06, 19:05
I have used them when they first came out and had the same problem indexing and blocking the beam. However I still didn't remember how it pointed with the lasergrip on. :o

RyanB
10-30-06, 18:26
I think they screw up the grip a lot and I can't get my hand as high.

GlockWRX
11-06-06, 13:44
I have a couple of questions about these CTC grips and was hoping one of you guys can answer.

I am left handed and shoot my G17 with my thumbs parallel with the slide. It appears my thumbs would block the laser. Can one of you guys confirm that?

Also, Grant or other industry players: Do you know of any move on the part of CTC to introduce a more left-hand friendly version?

Thanks for the help!

subzero
11-06-06, 13:56
Yes, you would block the laser.

I'm no industry insider, but I've heard the question before and the people who know say that CTC had no plans to make a lefty laser. Things may have changed since the last time I heard that question though.

yrac
11-06-06, 14:04
I am left handed and shoot my G17 with my thumbs parallel with the slide. It appears my thumbs would block the laser. Can one of you guys confirm that?

When shooting left-handed, your support hand thumb WILL block the laser. You'll have to adjust your grip just a bit to accommodate for this when using the laser. Keep in mind that if you're using a handheld light as well, your support hand moves to the other side of the gun, where it DOES NOT block the laser. If you think it's likely that (in most instances) you'll be holding a light if you deploy the laser, then the issue of your support hand blocking the laser becomes less of a concern. In making a decision, don't forget the advantages of the laser when shooting from unconventional positions where you may not have the "luxury" of a traditional two-handed firing grip. You'll still get a lot from the laser, even as a lefty. I'd recommend trying one out if you have a buddy who has one.