PDA

View Full Version : How many States have you been to?

C4IGrant
06-09-18, 09:46
Airports do not count!

I am currently at 32.

C4

Furbyballer
06-09-18, 10:09
49. Havent hit Alaska yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Straight Shooter
06-09-18, 10:25
45..including Alaska & Hawaii. And not just "been to"..been all over most all of them as a former OTR driver.
We've got some gorgeous country in America...and some very shithole cities.

AKDoug
06-09-18, 10:37
44.. I'm short Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama in the south and Rhode Island, Delaware and Maine in the north. I'm going to grab all those next year on a 50 states by 50 y.o. tour and 25th anniversary road trip my wife and I plan to take next fall.

soulezoo
06-09-18, 10:42
58.... just like Obama

JoshNC
06-09-18, 11:18
West: OR, WA, CA, AZ, NV, MT, CO, UT, WY, NE,
Midwest: IL, MO, OH, MI, IN
Northeast: MA, PA, NY, NJ, CT, VT, MD, DC
South: TX, MS, LA, TN, WV, VA, AL, NC, SC, GA, FL

Det-Sog
06-09-18, 11:20
49. Just waiting for the Alaska camping trip before I’m too old.

Bubba FAL
06-09-18, 11:39
38, lived in 7 of them, a couple of them twice.

Bubba FAL
06-09-18, 11:40
38, lived in 7 of them, some twice.

elephant
06-09-18, 11:55
It would be easier to say that I have not been to:

Oregon, Washington, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota or Maine.

When I was 10, my dad bought a minivan and we traveled from Texas across country like the Griswold's. Texas to Florida and then up to New Hampshire and back down through PA to MO and return to Texas.

HOLD ON....I HAVE A FUNNY STORY!!!

On this particular family vacation, we were in Virginia I think. We drove around for about 45 minutes and my dad kept saying he needed to use the bathroom. After my dad thought we were out in the middle of nowhere, he decided to pull the van over to the side of the road just in front of this "drive way". He actually got out, walked about 20 feet from the van, pulled his pants all the way down to his ankles and squatted. After about 2 minutes, a huge line of cars, about 60 including a limousine started pulling out of that "driveway". It was a wedding procession and all of the cars lights were spotlighting my dad who was in the middle of taking a massive dump. Turns out that "driveway" was the entrance to The Greenbrier. My mom, sister and me were laughing so hard.

austinN4
06-09-18, 11:59
All except North Dakota, but I am fixing that this year.

26 Inf
06-09-18, 13:14
As near as I can figure 31 that I have spent at least a day in. I'm missing almost all the NE.

As a side note, do any of you like train travel as much as I do? My experiences are limited to Southwest Chief, but I plan on doing a lot more since we are both retired. Any favorite routes?

platoonDaddy
06-09-18, 16:07
As a "diamond jubilee" (not the 60th birthday ref, I am speaking of the oldMan one 75) visited & worked in all 50 states & terrortories, yes that included the Mariana Islands. More importantly rode my bike through the lower 47. Refuse to ride through CA, been on their border with Oregon, Nevada & Arizona, but wouldn't cross the line.

Interesting question 26Inf, only traveled a commuter train, always wanted to ride the TORONTO-VANCOUVER TRAIN. Maybe one of these days.

yoni
06-09-18, 20:54
All of them. A lot of them multiple times.

I love to travel.

BuzzinSATX
06-09-18, 21:57
Most. Haven’t been to OR, UT, MI, KS, KY, TN, WV, AR.

Lived in NH, MS, AK, DE, MT, TX

Favorite US state is...hands down...Montana! But TX is definitely growing on us!

And I once rode a passenger train from Vancouver to Montreal back in 1983. Great 3 day trip! Have no idea how train travel is today...but it was great way to see open country at one time...

uffdaphil
06-09-18, 22:37
41. Missed OR, MS, ME, VT, NH, RI, CT, NC & AK.

BoringGuy45
06-10-18, 00:54
27 (including DC):

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Delaware, Maryland, DC, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Nevada, Washington.

Born in Iowa, living for a short time in Massachusetts, grew up in Connecticut, and, currently, living in Pennsylvania.

I guess Georgia doesn't really count because it was only a stopover in Hartsfield Airport, and Indiana I only rode through as a 2 year old when we moved from Iowa to Connecticut. The others I actually got out of the car/airport and did stuff.

SilverBullet432
06-10-18, 02:56
Oklahoma
New Mexico
Arizona
Nevada
Colorado
California
Nebraska
Michigan
Florida
Illinois
Missouri
Iowa
Kansas
Indiana

My dad used to work construction, so We’d travel with him during the summer.

titsonritz
06-10-18, 21:09
AK
CA
OR
WA
ID
MT
WY
CO
UT
AZ
NV
NM
TX
OK
AR
LA
GA
SC
NC
AL
MD
oh

22 I thought it was more

FlyAndFight
06-10-18, 21:59
Alabama
Florida
Georgia
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
South Carolina
Texas
Mississippi
Louisiana
Utah
Idaho
Tennessee
Kentucky
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Michigan
Colorado
Virginia
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
Massachusetts
Maryland
Delaware

Watrdawg
06-11-18, 07:26
I've been to 38 so far.

Whiskey_Bravo
06-11-18, 07:33
I think I am at 34 now.

sundance435
06-11-18, 09:13
29 (including D.C.). I've been focusing on international travel for the last few years, but I really want to do a long western road trip. Maine and Alaska are high on my list, too.

crusader377
06-11-18, 11:37
Been to 44 states.

Haven't been to Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Alaska, Delaware, and Rhode Island.

C4IGrant
06-11-18, 12:42
Which state (that you do not live in) is your fav?

C4

austinN4
06-11-18, 13:25
Which state (that you do not live in) is your fav? C4
It isn't that easy. I have favorites for different things in different states. Hard for me to name an overall favorite state.
If you pushed me really hard I would have to say Utah, or maybe Montana or Wyoming. Or maybe Alaska.

Moose-Knuckle
06-11-18, 16:27
...TORONTO-VANCOUVER TRAIN. Maybe one of these days.

A Canadian Rockies train vacation is on our "one of these days" list.

The only place I felt depressed having to leave was the state of HI. The green mountains and equatorial weather won me over.

FlyAndFight
06-11-18, 18:18

C4

Colorado and Utah, for the skiing.

The_War_Wagon
06-11-18, 18:51
All BUT:

- ND
- WY
- CO
- NM
- AZ
- UT
- ID
- WA
- OR
- CA
- AK
- HI

And I was at Custer National Battlefield in MT, so I'm STILL looking forward to seeing the Rockies in person.

hotrodder636
06-11-18, 18:55
I have been to 36. Don't have any desire to go to the Northeast.

Bad laws aside, I don’t live in CO but I grew up there and miss it.

usmcvet
06-11-18, 21:48
23 left! I flew to Utah in 2002 to work at the Winter Olympics as a Law Enforcement Volunteer. That was very Cool. I flew to New Mexico last June for the 70th anniversary of the “Roswell Incident” that was goofy but fun.

The rest have been road trips. In 1991 my ‘82 Rabbit, a 4 speed, was in 3rd gear through much of Colarado!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180612/936d99c7dd523edd6e678c5c54b0119f.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HCrum87hc
06-12-18, 07:45
Only 5:
SC, GA, TN, FL, NC. My favorite that I don't live in is TN. I love the TN and NC mountains.

I'm not much of a traveler. I've never left the southeast outside of my honeymoon. I'm dying to get out west one day though.

RetroRevolver77
06-12-18, 08:58
In high school I tried to drive across the entire country on State Route 50. My friend and I got about four states out and just said, F' it and went back home. Our enthusiasm ended completely about halfway across Kansas when we decided to turn around. Kansas was just boring, completely boring and depressing. I don't know what it was about that state but once we saw it, we didn't want to keep going.

austinN4
06-12-18, 09:10
In high school I tried to drive across the entire country on State Route 50. My friend and I got about four states out and just said, F' it and went back home. Our enthusiasm ended completely about halfway across Kansas when we decided to turn around. Kansas was just boring, completely boring and depressing. I don't know what it was about that state but once we saw it, we didn't want to keep going.

Should'a done Route 66 instead.

RetroRevolver77
06-12-18, 09:20
Should'a done Route 66 instead.

Well state route 50 runs coast to coast, that was the plan, go out to California, then head back and hit the East coast. We only had something like $300 with us, some camping gear, and snacks. Not sure if we would have made it but gas was cheap back then and we were skinny high school kids so we didn't eat much.

austinN4
06-12-18, 09:28
Well state route 50 runs coast to coast, that was the plan, go out to California, then head back and hit the East coast. We only had something like $300 with us, some camping gear, and snacks. Not sure if we would have made it but gas was cheap back then and we were skinny high school kids so we didn't eat much.
Take 50 until it intersected with 66, turn left. I didn't do it either. In HS we talked about doing it, but never did. Missed opportunity. Got too many of those in my life.
I only have 1 more state to go to have visited all of them and I am not going to miss this opportunity. Already have the ticket bought for later this year.

RetroRevolver77
06-12-18, 09:36
Take 50 until it intersected with 66, turn left. I didn't do it either, but in HS we talked about doing it, but never did. Missed opportunity.

We gave it a valiant effort. I think if we kept going, we might have run out of money at some point and would have been cannibalized by hobos.

NYH1
06-12-18, 18:51
PA, MD, NJ, DE, WV, OH, KY, TN, AR and TX.

NYH1.

Jsp10477
06-12-18, 21:47
Georgia
Alabama
Mississippi
Louisiana
Texas
Florida
Tennessee
N Carolina
S Carolina
Illinois
Kentucky
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Wisconsin

daddyusmaximus
06-12-18, 23:29
Every state East of the Mississippi, and 7 West of it... whatever that adds up to.

Moose-Knuckle
06-13-18, 05:30
Our enthusiasm ended completely about halfway across Kansas when we decided to turn around. Kansas was just boring, completely boring and depressing. I don't know what it was about that state but once we saw it, we didn't want to keep going.

:lol:

Been to KS once, went to a buddies small hometown then hit up Wichita.

I enjoyed the view of the KS plains from atop Pike's Peak in CO though.

jwfuhrman
06-13-18, 07:28

RazorBurn
06-13-18, 10:05
14 states for me. Mainly Appalachia and the South.

West Virginia
Virginia
Pennsylvania
Maryland
Ohio
Indiana
Illinois
Kentucky
Tennessee
North Carolina
South Carolina
Alabama
Georgia
Florida

Virginia has been my favorite state to visit since I was a kid. My great Grandmother had a cottage in a sleepy little place called Stuarts Draft. I loved travelling there as a kid. Early on I learned that there is so much history and heritage in that state. It's a shame that DC and the northern part of the state has done it's best to ruin it. Still, Virginia still holds a special place for me because of it's rich history. I really like western North Carolina and eastern Tennessee. Good folks there too!

JC5188
06-13-18, 11:17
Okla
Missouri
Kansas
Iowa
Illinois
Arkansas
Tennessee
Kentucky
West Virginia
Florida