PDA

View Full Version : Ryker Grip

Mean Bone
06-09-18, 16:12
Anyone using or know of someone using the Ryker Grip (https://rykerusa.com)?

Impressions?

9mm_shooter
06-09-18, 16:15
I'm not a HSLD shooter, but that looks like just another gimmick that adds weight to your forend.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RobertTheTexan
06-09-18, 16:40
I have seen this grip used before. Mostly guys with some type of injury to their shoulder or arm. It seems to help them. I have jacked up shoulders and I’m not comfortable with that style of grip where your elbow is higher than your shoulder. Just not a fan at all. I prefer the modified C-clamp, that’s works for me.
I have noticed on AR’s using this grip, that it looks like accessing the weapon light will be a little difficult. Not a fan of that.

What type of weapon are you considering? Likes 3 gun comp AR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coal Dragger
06-09-18, 16:51
I won’t pass judgement since I’ve never used one, but I’d rather have $75.00 worth of ammo instead.

TomMcC
06-09-18, 17:08
Like Robert said, maybe good for someone impaired, but having my support hand that far off the center line of my rifle doesn't seem like it would help my shooting at all.

GH41
06-09-18, 18:38
Sounds like the OP is advertising to me.

Mean Bone
06-09-18, 19:30
I'm not a HSLD shooter, but that looks like just another gimmick that adds weight to your forend.

I agree, it looks like a tumor growing out of the hand guard.

Robert, the rifle will be used for recreational shooting and home defense.

And GH41, I respect that you are a Senior Member, but . . . I highly resent that.

CrowCommand
06-09-18, 20:16
My only judgement is that having a southpaw in the ad videos convolutes the situation. Could be great for shooters with impairments, but not for me.

MegademiC
06-09-18, 20:27
Moving your hand away from the barrel seems it would be counter-productive... like using a vfg the same way youd milk a cow. In my experience, getting around the barrel is more effective.

RobertTheTexan
06-09-18, 20:56
Robert, the rifle will be used for recreational shooting and home defense.

MB,

I would steer clear of it, especially knowing it be an HD weapon. In my opinion KISS should be applied doubly so on HD or any kind of PDW weapon. And here’s why. When you’re stressed and adrenaline is released in your system due to a home invasion for example, fine motor skills are out the window. You have gross motor skills and muscle memory to execute whatever plan you have to defend your home and protect your family. This is why the more simple my setup is, the better off I am. My WML is a simple toggle next to my thumb in the C-clamp grip I use. I just don’t see an easy way to manipulate your WML with that grip. I also agree with Tom 110% - I want my rail hand closer to my center of mass/balance.
I try to build function over form, but that thing is totally butt fugly. 🤮 lol

And GH41, I respect that you are a Senior Member, but . . . I highly resent that.

And don’t be bothered by GH41. He can be a Mr. Grumpy pants sometimes. :)

Mean Bone
06-09-18, 21:39
. . . And don’t be bothered by GH41. He can be a Mr. Grumpy pants sometimes. :)

. . . noted.

As far as KISS applies my current rifle is a BCM RECCE-16 ELW with 15" M-LOK hand guard. The only accessories are an Aimpoint PRO I obtained during a sale going on at LA Police Gear back in April and a KAG (Kinetic Angled Grip) hand grip. I tried a vertical grip in store but didn't like it. I'll be adding some flip-up open sights and that's about it.

RHINOWSO
06-09-18, 21:43
Meh, another "revolutionary" doodadthingymathing.

RobertTheTexan
06-09-18, 22:00
. . . noted.

As far as KISS applies my current rifle is a BCM RECCE-16 ELW with 15" M-LOK hand guard. The only accessories are an Aimpoint PRO I obtained during a sale going on at LA Police Gear back in April and a KAG (Kinetic Angled Grip) hand grip. I tried a vertical grip in store but didn't like it. I'll be adding some flip-up open sights and that's about it.

Then I would suggest you follow a similar pattern with this rifle.

I have a vertical stubby, Tango Down, but my favorite forearm grip is the BCM angled shorty. I hate broom handle grips. Hate ‘em. I have a modified C clamp where part of my hand is both on the rail and partially on the grip, thumb over top.

But my main point is that even if I’m using a Magpul AFG2, my grip on the rail is the same. That’s where the muscle memory comes into play.
Sounds like you have a solid AR.

Coal Dragger
06-09-18, 22:22
. . . noted.

Then put that $75 towards a scout light.

Dr. Bullseye
06-10-18, 19:28
I have bad shoulders so I paid attention to this. There are positive testimonials on youtube for this thing. But there seems to be confusion in California (where I am) if this is a (illegal) vertical grip or not. Meanwhile, I ditched my now illegal standard vertical grip and then my hand stop. I am now doing C-grip alone and loving it so the Ryker grip is no longer on my radar.