PDA

View Full Version : Grip Pod, Thoughts?

Derek_Connor
10-29-06, 08:55
For those of you who run them, overall reviews?

Sweep
10-29-06, 09:55
i like mine thou its a bit long if you know what i meen

Derek_Connor
10-29-06, 10:05
i like mine thou its a bit long if you know what i meen

has that length ever "got in the way" ?

KevinB
10-29-06, 11:10
I tired them -- found them extremely awkward on a carbine. However they rock on a M249 w/ RAS .

II know some guys who used them on rifles and carbines in OEF -- they seemed to like them.

Derek_Connor
10-29-06, 11:12
I tired them -- found them extremely awkward on a carbine. However they rock on a M249 w/ RAS .

II know some guys who used them on rifles and carbines in OEF -- they seemed to like them.

Awkward in what type of way?

KevinB
10-29-06, 12:17
Its long and heavy -- but I found that I could not grip it as high as I like gripping a vertical grip due to its design.

wild_wild_wes
08-06-07, 21:13
How would the grippod work on an SPR?

Rana
08-06-07, 21:24
Grip Pod.

I used one last pump. It isn't such a bad thing on a general purpose carbine.

On an SPR a harris bipod would be my preference however.

The Grip pod isn't to bad on a MK46 (a.k.a SAW) for Urban Ops, but for land warfare you need the OEM bi-pod.

Not sure I would run out and "buy" one (grip pod); At $250 retail per unit (aluminum model) they ain't cheap.

FWIW A Harris Bipod and quality VFG are still my preference.

Derek_Connor
08-07-07, 14:09
Grip Pod.

I used one last pump. It isn't such a bad thing on a general purpose carbine.

On an SPR a harris bipod would be my preference however.

The Grip pod isn't to bad on a MK46 (a.k.a SAW) for Urban Ops, but for land warfare you need the OEM bi-pod.

Not sure I would run out and "buy" one (grip pod); At $250 retail per unit (aluminum model) they ain't cheap.

FWIW A Harris Bipod and quality VFG are still my preference.
i agree, i ended up getting one for a 16inch rifle, works great

wild_wild_wes
08-07-07, 21:25
i agree, i ended up getting one for a 16inch rifle, works great

Got what? Harris bipod, or GripPod?

Derek_Connor
08-08-07, 04:34
Got what? Harris bipod, or GripPod?

grip pod sorry :)

Boss Hogg
08-15-07, 21:33
Congress needs to pass legislation that a VFG may not exceed 3" in length :)

Seriously, all you need is something to anchor the heel of your hand, and thus pull the stock back into your shoulder. You don't want to torque the barrel downward with a long VFG.

Steel_Weasel
08-18-07, 11:54
Grip-Pod/Redi-Mag/Mag-Pul/etc. are all personal preference issues. Some people like them, some people are ambivilant, some don't like them. Just because XYZ says they're great/crappy doesn't always translate well to your needs and preferences. Go ahead and get one. If you don't care for it, rest assured that someone out there will more than glad to take it off your hands.

Having said that I've run into enough people who have articulated a like for grip-pods that I am seriously thinking of T&E'ing one.

rgrwilcox
08-18-07, 12:24
We got them through RFI...it looks flimsy to me. I had little to no opportunity to use prone last trip to Iraq. More to follow on this thing.

I have the sneaking suspicion that most wanted them because they make it easy to ground your rifle when you want to go do something else on the FOB....maybe I'm just too cynical though.

Derek_Connor
08-18-07, 12:47
This was a pretty good review..

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=333804