PDA

View Full Version : ZELLE payment app

Sam
06-17-18, 09:40
Anybody use the ZELLE payment app? I'm thinking of joining the 21st century. LOL.

DON'T TELL ME ABOUT PAYPAL.

ryanm
06-17-18, 09:46
Only use it for people you know, there are no protections for you as a buyer or seller if things go sideways.

elephant
06-17-18, 12:00
Zelle has absolutely no buyer protection, once you send money, its gone.

Vegas
06-17-18, 12:04
Anyone use Venmo?

Iraqgunz
06-17-18, 23:39
I just had an issue with it earlier this month. I sent a sum of money and it was never received. Then the finger pointing started as Zelle blamed the bank, the bank blamed Zelle and no one could answer the core question. 7 days later I received a credit from my bank.

Anybody use the ZELLE payment app? I'm thinking of joining the 21st century. LOL.

Sam
06-18-18, 05:53
It looks like Zelle is not the answer. Thanks gentlemen, I have enough info not to use it.

Shorts
06-26-18, 19:49

I just signed up for Zell to send $ to my sisters for random stuff we pitch in for. So far so good. But I think I will only use it for those personal transfers it family and close friends 🆚 buying stuff from random unknown people.

_Stormin_
06-26-18, 19:59
I use it to send money amongst friends and family pretty regularly... Splitting the check at the restaurant? I can send a "bill" to my buddy for his half and the money is in my account before the waiter has run my credit card.

That said, unlike seller/buyer oriented services this really is a "hands off" kind of thing once the payment is received. Would I use it for a FTF purchase or something similar? Of course. Would I send money to a total stranger in the hope that I get something sent in return... More hesitant.