PDA

View Full Version : Kimber Micro 9 or some other smallish 9mm?

Doc Safari
06-19-18, 12:53
I'm a Glock guy. I own my Gen 4 G17 and others and I consider them my go-to handguns for HD.

I'm also an ex-Kimber owner. I had a 1911 that worked fine for competition but had a really rough feed ramp. I'd also heard of Kimber's ups and downs as far as quality and I eventually got rid of it.

My recent experiences with a Glock 42 and age-old experiences with an unreliable Colt Mustang, Walther PPK, and others make me virtually shun .380.

The other day I was at Sportsman's Warehouse lusting after a Kimber Micro 9.

I've read good reviews online about it, but I thought I'd put it to the opinion of the troops (here).

Would you get one, or would you suggest some other smallish 9mm instead?

MegademiC
06-19-18, 14:00
Have you tried a shield?
No experience with the micro9, but i would try to shoot a few different guns if possible.
The micro 9 is smaller, and the shield is just too big to pocket carry imo, so it may not be an option.

Grizzly16
06-19-18, 15:13
I'm a Glock guy. I own my Gen 4 G17 and others and I consider them my go-to handguns for HD.

I'm also an ex-Kimber owner. I had a 1911 that worked fine for competition but had a really rough feed ramp. I'd also heard of Kimber's ups and downs as far as quality and I eventually got rid of it.

My recent experiences with a Glock 42 and age-old experiences with an unreliable Colt Mustang, Walther PPK, and others make me virtually shun .380.

The other day I was at Sportsman's Warehouse lusting after a Kimber Micro 9.

I've read good reviews online about it, but I thought I'd put it to the opinion of the troops (here).

Would you get one, or would you suggest some other smallish 9mm instead?

What are you wanting it for? I normally carry a g19 but in the last year a few M&P shield 9s have some how ended up living at my house (who can turn away ophans!). I've got a stock one, one with an apex trigger and one with a silencerco threaded barrel + TBRCi M&P comp. I've been highly impressed with the extended barrel one. It can be a bit of a transformer. Put a 7 rd mag in and it hides as well as any small 9mm. But put a mag in with a mag extension and you have a slim 10rd 9mm that is accurate to 25yds and still hides pretty well. I've really been enjoying it lately. Good capacity, good accuracy and slightly easier to conceal than a double stack. My next move is to combine the apex trigger and comp+threaded barrel shield.

I'm sure you could do the same with a G43, overwatch precision trigger, threaded barrel and mag extensions.

bgdv1
06-30-18, 21:58
Just bought a Micro 9 Eclipse yesterday. Brought i home ,cleaned it and ran 100 rds thru it with 1 jam. Fed xtp's flawlessly. My new summer carry piece. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180701/9c9e04eeae337da5cc095a99f537f3ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

opngrnd
06-30-18, 22:37
I'd look at the Shield and the G43, in that order.