PDA

View Full Version : Rifle case for two

Pacific5th
06-20-18, 22:25
Looking for affordable but decent case that will hold two rifles and maybe a pistol. When I go camping or out of town I ussualy take a Ruger American 762x39 with 3 20rd and a couple 5 round mags. Also take my Ruger 10/22TD with a 25rd, 2 15rd and a couple double 10rd magazines. Depending on where I’m going a Glock 19 or 21 might also be in the case with a G43 or XDs 45 4” on my body.

Ammo and some of the mags can go in a separate box.

Just looking for something decent to put most of it in so that I’m not taking multipl case’s. Throwing my man card card out the window I will say most of the time it’s going to go in dodge caravan stow-n-go area.

ggammell
06-21-18, 07:19
NcSTAR 36" Double Carbine Padded Weapons Case, Black CVDC2946B-36 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BBTDHEA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_LE5kBbAXTJEY5

That style will do you just fine. No need to break the bank on what amounts to just a bag. I’ve hauled two rifles, rifle and shotgun, a bunch of AR mags, a pistol and some other stuff.

Tigereye
06-21-18, 20:22
I have a 2 rifle Drago case that I like.

titsonritz
06-21-18, 21:38
I have fit four long guns in my 46" SERT TCC by utilizing the top compartment instead of putting mags in it. I can fit two ARs in the 36" version. They are not a cheap bag but they are currenly phasing out their gen 4 line and if you're ok with the limited color selection the price is damn good, especailly when you consider the quiality.

https://sert.us/collections/rifle-bags-cases/products/46-tcc-tactical-carbine-rifle-case-gen-4-blowout?variant=6245729435691

I should mention the Kryptek patterns are 500D not 1000D

grizzman
06-21-18, 22:30
I second the CERT TCC recommendation.

I watched part of their video, and it seems my 40" one is older than a Gen 4, and it's still in perfect condition, after plenty of use over the years.

I've been looking for a case for the M1/M1As, and the 46" will be it.

Their site shows that there is currently one 46" and three 42" cases left.

titsonritz
06-21-18, 23:15
I've been looking for a case for the M1/M1As, and the 46" will be it.

Their site shows that there is currently 1 left.

My M1a is one of the four I've put it, along with two AKs and an 870.

LOL, there were two when I posted the link, three of the 42"

grizzman
06-22-18, 00:07
Not once have I thought of using the external compartment for a rifle. I've always had a triple M4 magazine pouch, a quad M14 magazine pouch, and straps for optics, bipods, etc.

A 16" AR with stock collapsed fits perfectly above the magazine pouches (as long as they're empty) with the optic strapped between the pouches.

I really liked the case before......now, it's even better. Thanks!!!

RobertTheTexan
06-23-18, 20:31
That style will do you just fine. No need to break the bank on what amounts to just a bag. I’ve hauled two rifles, rifle and shotgun, a bunch of AR mags, a pistol and some other stuff.

How long have you had your bag? My experience with the NCStar was that the should straps will start coming part at the seams and the quality just isn’t there for rougher handling. If I just carry from the truck to the bed, bench, or what have you, it’s ok and there is no stress introduced and it seems all the weight is around the handles. But if you start stressing components it start tearing. If you have some hard usage and start stressing components, it will start to come apart on you. I still use the”you get what you pay for motto”. That said I have a Voodoo Tactical that is holding up well. I have a Lancer Tactical bag, that I just cut off the 2nd shoulder strap because the other shoulder strap decided it like carrying. Two AR’s
Like the Lancer it’s probably good for light range use. Truck to bench to truck. But start making more demanding needs of it, and I’m afraid the “get what you pay for” will really show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ggammell
06-23-18, 20:54
I have that style although it’s tagged Voodoo Tactical. I’ve had it for 5-6 years. Range trips etc. I have actually carried it as a backpack for a half mile with a rifle and shotgun in it. Holding up well.

jhurt
06-25-18, 02:38
Does it need to be a soft case? I’m not sure how much room is in the caravan stow and go but..I bought one of the Plano field locker cases, it would hold 2 rifles if they don’t have large scopes. I have a pelican case and 2 of the pelican/hardigg cases and I’ll say this Plano case is about 90% of a pelican for 50% of the cost...$78 at their outlet store, prob a bit more from amazon or wherever

This one http://www.planomolding.com/hunting/rifle/field-locker-mil-spec-single-long-gun-case

jhurt
06-25-18, 02:46
Forgot to add...my pelican/hardigg cases came with fitted soft cases inside with a padded divider for 2 rifles. Kinda spendy but it’s really nice. Big enough it folds out into a shooting mat even. Pretty sure you can buy just the soft case alone

Stranger45
06-25-18, 11:37
http://tacticaltogo.com/

Pacific5th
06-26-18, 05:18
Lots of good stuff to look at, thanks.

savagemic
07-07-18, 22:08
Don’t know if you’re still looking or not: https://lynxdefense.com/shop/rifle-bags/

While not “cheap” they are well made and will last forever.

omegajb
07-08-18, 06:37
If you're still looking, I bought the Cannae TRIPLEX ACIES 3 GUN Bag for about $100 on sale, it has lots of room with one section that can extend for really long rifles although my AR with an 18" barrel fits without it.
They seem to be out of stock right now.

SERT
09-09-18, 23:31
I have fit four long guns in my 46" SERT TCC by utilizing the top compartment instead of putting mags in it.

Four long guns??? Wow, that's a first even for me. You gotta send me some pixs!!

titsonritz
09-09-18, 23:43
Four long guns??? Wow, that's a first even for me. You gotta send me some pixs!!

Check back in this thread in a day or two.

SERT
09-09-18, 23:44
Will do, thanks brother.

titsonritz
09-10-18, 20:12
The thumb nails should enlarge, have no clue why they are upside down or how to fix it and I'm certainly no photographer.

The green one, subject of the thread, is an older 36" w/ 16" Colt in the main compartment and my 14.5" BCM (scored that complete lower barely used for $200 last weekend) with a short stock will just barely fit in the smaller compartment (a 16" or longer stock will not fit, the latest gen I don't know) it usually has a 20 round mag in it, the loose black strap secures my extra pistols in it's holster. The black one is a 46", I usually have two AKs in the top compartment, here it is hold my 870P instead of one my SAR-1. Main compartment is holding my M1A and another one of my ARs. I don't use the shoulder strap on this bag, it is pretty heavy, the green one I do.

SERT
09-10-18, 22:23
Thanks for sharing! Man that case with the 4 long guns must be pretty heavy. Do you mind if I share these photos?

Thanks.

titsonritz
09-10-18, 22:37
Thanks for sharing! Man that case with the 4 long guns must be pretty heavy. Do you mind if I share these photos?

Thanks.

It is not light for sure, that is why I don't use the shoulder strap on that one, it is an extremely tough, well made bag but I don't want to risk tearing it at the shoulder strap connection points, the handles have zero problem with the heft.

No I don't mind, feel free to share them, sorry they aren't better quality. Thanks for a solid product and the great customer service every time.

ETA:
If I could change one thing I would like to the PALS in small compartment Velcro lined like the large compartment.

Buyer's tip: get extra tie down straps.

akwalk
10-10-18, 23:53
I have two soft rifle cases that carry two rifles per bag. First, is a Hogue. Excellent bag that will likely be around longer than the rifles. Issues: Not cheap, No tie downs for rifles, Bulky, and very Heavy. Second, an Explorer soft case. I like this one better. Less bulky, less expensive, has tie downs for both rifles, has three detachable mag pouches, built well. I think Condor also makes a single and double rifle case that is pretty much identical to the Explorer case. So, either one would be a safe bet.

Freelance
10-11-18, 14:07
I have a couple 5'11 Double rifle cases that have served me very well over the last 10 years. Good quality and tough bags.

https://www.guncases.com/5-11-42-double-rifle-case-black.html

they have been replaced with the

https://www.511tactical.com/vtac-42-double-rifle-case.html

Doc Safari
10-11-18, 14:44
I just bought this one and so far I like it. Plenty of room for two carbines, mags, etc. Can even be carried like a backpack.

https://www.colt.com/tag/cases

DRAGO COLT 36" DOUBLE RIFLE CASE
Drago Gear Colt 36" Double Rifle Case Black - C12-301BL Product Features Provides protection for two 36″ rifles Thick padded divider helps protect gun optics Padded backpack straps for added comfort Four zippered storage areas Three large pouches for ammunition and accessories Two padded pistol compartments MOLLE webbing allow attachment of load-bearing equipment
 Hook & Loop panel for patch Embroidered with Colt logo 600 denier Dimensions: 37″x14″x12.5″

SERT
10-15-18, 13:00
If I could change one thing I would like to the PALS in small compartment Velcro lined like the large compartment.

Buyer's tip: get extra tie down straps.

You mean with the same Velcro looped back PALS as the main compartment?

grizzman
10-15-18, 13:25

I agree that having this in the external compartment would be good. I was a bit surprised when I slid the first strap through and noticed it wasn't there.

titsonritz
10-15-18, 17:16

Exactly

I agree that having this in the external compartment would be good. I was a bit surprised when I slid the first strap through and noticed it wasn't there.

Same here

Ned Christiansen
10-15-18, 18:23
I didn't read everything here but I will say, look hard at Midway's Sniper Drag bag, which it does that but is really more of a very stout two-gun case. I've used mine quite a bit and it's holding up well and if you can'g get two rifles and 75% of everything you need to go with it in there, you have too much stuff! Prices are very reasonable for everything it has and does. It is a house-branded product that I think is a great value.

If you had two, you could build an Abrams tank from them and have a sturdy handbag left over.

Pacific5th
10-16-18, 19:53
I got busy with summer and forgot all about this. Anyways my neighbor is a Firefighting/safety gear rep and has a 5.11 account. I checked out a double case he had and will probably have him order one. Dealer discount is nice.