PDA

View Full Version : British SAS vs Taliban

Slater
06-22-18, 16:47
I think "badass" would apply in this case:

"The mission had only been partially successful because the base was destroyed, but the SAS were after a “high-value target” and he had escaped into the tunnels. It was pretty clear none of the Afghan commandos was going to go in after him so he volunteered. There wasn’t enough room to use a long-barreled weapon so the Brit used his Glock 9mm pistol and grabbed a claw hammer. He couldn’t see the Taliban but he could hear and smell them. He shot three of them dead one after the other but then his pistol jammed. He fought two more in the dark where the tunnel opened into a larger room that was partially lit by a candle. After he killed those two, he was attacked by another but killed him almost instantly with a single blow."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32104/badass-what-british-special-forces-sergeant-did-hank-berrien

Inkslinger
06-22-18, 17:10
“When all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.”

Sam
06-22-18, 18:27
Obviously a fake story, everyone knows Glock don't jam. Come on.

Campbell
06-22-18, 18:39
Don’t mess with the SAS, they’ll drown your ass in a mud puddle.

Slater
06-22-18, 18:52

Probably not the best publicity for Glock - jamming in the midst of a life-and-death struggle.

Honu
06-22-18, 19:11
good practice for when he gets back home to where many of the same types live today

Coal Dragger
06-22-18, 19:36
I think "badass" would apply in this case:

"The mission had only been partially successful because the base was destroyed, but the SAS were after a “high-value target” and he had escaped into the tunnels. It was pretty clear none of the Afghan commandos was going to go in after him so he volunteered. There wasn’t enough room to use a long-barreled weapon so the Brit used his Glock 9mm pistol and grabbed a claw hammer. He couldn’t see the Taliban but he could hear and smell them. He shot three of them dead one after the other but then his pistol jammed. He fought two more in the dark where the tunnel opened into a larger room that was partially lit by a candle. After he killed those two, he was attacked by another but killed him almost instantly with a single blow."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32104/badass-what-british-special-forces-sergeant-did-hank-berrien

Someone send that man a good hatchet for next time.

Am I also the only one who sees a flamethrower as an ideal solution to the problem?

AndyLate
06-22-18, 20:25
I thought the Special Boat Service was the British equivalent to the Navy Seals.

A solid badass, for sure.

Andy

Dienekes
06-22-18, 20:46
I love stories with a happy ending.

grnamin
06-22-18, 21:15
Someone's been watching The Walking Dead for CQB tips. :D
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-XLkLMvh/0/64cc50fa/O/i-XLkLMvh.jpg

joeg26er
06-22-18, 21:20

Plus - hammers are not authorized by the Geneva convention

Chameleox
06-22-18, 21:41
I'd take it with a grain of salt.
The British "Daily ***" news outlets all too frequently post similar sounding stories about the SAS, usually involving sniping an ISIS executioner or HVT at extreme distances or patrols running out of ammo and using sporks to decapitate dozens of Taliban. Badasses for sure, and I'm glad they're on our side, but the source is dubious.

None of these stories ever cite sources or even unauthorized MoD insiders. We're also talking about a military unit that is so tight lipped that it makes the US Army's equivalent look downright chatty.

Not buying this for a dollar, or whatever passes for currency over there these days.

ramairthree
06-22-18, 21:56
That’s nothing.

Every single Desert Storm vet I met outside of my actual work channels was in the lead tank of the lead assault, but somehow had to dismount, and their M9 jammed and they had to go hand to hand and they hate Beretta to this day.

Arik
06-23-18, 06:41
I'd take it with a grain of salt.
The British "Daily ***" news outlets all too frequently post similar sounding stories about the SAS, usually involving sniping an ISIS executioner or HVT at extreme distances or patrols running out of ammo and using sporks to decapitate dozens of Taliban. Badasses for sure, and I'm glad they're on our side, but the source is dubious.

None of these stories ever cite sources or even unauthorized MoD insiders. We're also talking about a military unit that is so tight lipped that it makes the US Army's equivalent look downright chatty.

Not buying this for a dollar, or whatever passes for currency over there these days.Wasn't there a scene like that in The Punisher?! (Netflix)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Averageman
06-23-18, 07:52
That’s nothing.

Every single Desert Storm vet I met outside of my actual work channels was in the lead tank of the lead assault, but somehow had to dismount, and their M9 jammed and they had to go hand to hand and they hate Beretta to this day.
Obviously BS, The creed of all Tanker's is "Death before Dismount." Nothing good ever happens on the ground.