PDA

View Full Version : "Bushmaster Custom Shop"

30 cal slut
10-25-08, 16:03
I guess I've been out of the loop for a while.

I had a chance today to briefly check out some carbines and long guns that were made by the Bushmaster Custom Shop.

I'm no expert at anything, but I noticed a few little things. fit and finish appeared to be quite nice. abundant use of 3rd party furniture, such as Magpul. could have sworn i saw a daniel defense rail on one carbine. bolt carrier key screws were nicely staked ("cross hair" pattern). since i was looking at a carbine with a magpul prs, i wouldn't know if the proper castle nut staking was done. triggers were obviously aftermarket, couldn't tell the brand by sight or feel.

then i came across some long guns ... accurized remington 700's. (remington is owned by cerberus, the private equity company that also owns bushmaster). the proprietor informed that the long guns created by the bushmaster custom shop were made under the supervision of norm chandler (iron brigade armory Norm Chandler). fit an finish appeared to be quite nice, trigger was nice and crisp, and i think there was a surefire muzzle brake (one of the suppressor quick-detach models) on the end of it.

too bad i didn't have my camera, i would have taken some pictures.

the proof is in the shooting, of course, but i have to say i was pretty intrigued by what i saw, for a "bushmaster."

30 cal slut
10-27-08, 09:55
here's one that i saw and handled.

hefty price tag at $3,695 MSRP!

http://www.bushmaster.com/images/BMCS5.jpg

lipstick on a pig? proof is in the shooting, but methinks this is closer to a top-shelf offering, just based on specs and look and feel.

The Precision Marksman Rifle (PMR) is designed for one mission, Long Range Premium Accuracy. Outfitted with the best possible air gauged barrel this rifle is capable of 800 yard suppressed fire pin point accuracy. Coupled with the Ion Bond finish on all components the PMR is not only the most accurate but also easy to maintain.

Precision Machined Bolt (Ion Bond Finish)
Enhanced Bolt Carrier Stainless Steel w/ Ion Bond Finish
Premium Stainless Steel Match Grade Hand Lapped Barrel (air gauged .0001)
Magpul PRS Stock
ARMS SIR Rifl e Length Forend
Surefire MB556K Muzzle Brake
Magpul MIAD Pistol Grip
Two 20 Round & Two 30 Round Stainless Steel Magazines
Geissele DMR Trigger
Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
Gasbuster Tactical Charging Handle
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Sub MOA Guarantee out to 300 yards
Shipped With an Operators Safety Manual, and a Weapon Record Book in a Quality Hard Side Carrying Case

10-27-08, 23:20
The Delta ring looks crooked on that custom job.:confused: