PDA

View Full Version : Decided on parts.....

samblount
10-25-08, 21:22
Ok so i decided on the parts for my build and want to see what you guys think. Also i need a few recomendations on a 16in barrel.
Stag Arms Upper assymbly lefty
Stag Arms Lower reciever lefty
Stag arms bolt carrier lefty
Vltor emod stock
LaRue 10in hang gaurd
Troy folding iron sights
Barrel?
Also is there any thing i am missing or things you would reccomend changing?

frogger
10-25-08, 23:48
I see nothing wrong with your choices. The barrel Stag offers with the upper is just fine. Installing your own barrel is a pain if you don't have the right tools. I would just buy the upper from Stag complete.

rmecapn
10-26-08, 00:47
Barrel?

BCM. Is there any other? ;)

MisterWilson
10-26-08, 02:07
Change the rail length from the 10.0 to the 9.0.

9" is where it's at IMHO. You can mount lights on the farthest part of the 9 o'clock rail and it's in the sweetest, most intuitive spot. On a 10" you've got an extra inch of rail sticking out and if you put the light any farther it's just too far.

Again, this is just what works for me.

bkb0000
10-26-08, 02:59
Ok so i decided on the parts for my build and want to see what you guys think. Also i need a few recomendations on a 16in barrel.
Stag Arms Upper assymbly lefty
Stag Arms Lower reciever lefty
Stag arms bolt carrier lefty
Vltor emod stock
LaRue 10in hang gaurd
Troy folding iron sights
Barrel?
Also is there any thing i am missing or things you would reccomend changing?

You getting a stripped lower? If so, you'll need a trigger, small-parts. Have you considered what type trigger you want? Pistol grip? Muzzle device? Red dot?

Your handguard will depend on your barrel, somewhat. if you get a fixed front sight base (FSB), that'll definately dictate your guard options. If no FSB, then will the gas block fit under your guard? Larue guards are tighter to the barrel than some others. Daniel Defense makes a pretty sweet guard for midlength 16" barrels with FSBs- http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=28 Just so happens I have one- sell it to ya for $300 :)

As far as barrels go, BCM makes reportedly fantastic barrels for the money (200 or so), or, if you've saved enough on the stag components and have an extra 500, there's NRW.

The most important variable for accuracy is the finger that pulls the trigger, but the barrel is a close second. Dropping some extra do'h for a good barrel is never regretful. Nobody ever said, "this barrel is so damn accurate, i sure wish i didn't get it."

bkb0000
10-26-08, 03:10
And you should, if you haven't, read up on barrel types... stainless, or chrome-lined 4150?