PDA

View Full Version : Well I finally did it....

Valhalla79
10-25-08, 23:34
I manned up and pulled the trigger so to speak on a Colt 6920. I've been tormenting myself for 2 weeks about whether to assemble one myself ( BCM M4 upper, LMT lower, BCM BCG, you know, the basics), or to purchase a BM outright as I figured the Colts were going for more than my budget was going to allow. Well, EVERY dealer around me kept quoting $1100 OTD for a basic BM M4A3 Patrolman's Carbine and I simply refuse to pay that for a BM. Then today by chance I happened to look on Gunbroker's and found a Colt 6920 for $1199 and $20 flat shipping fee. I pulled the trigger immediately, for $100 more than a BM I simply had to. The merchant was Tanner's if anyone has heard of them and apparently they are pretty stand up, if anyone is interested in picking one up. So we'll see and I know this post is useless w/o pics so rest assured they will come when the rifle does. Just excited and wanted to share.

N4LtRecce
10-26-08, 00:01
Then today by chance I happened to look on Gunbroker's and found one for $1199 and $20 flat shipping fee. I pulled the trigger immediately, for $100 more than a BM I simply had to. The merchant was Tanner's if anyone has heard of them and apparently they are pretty stand up, if picking one up. So we'll see and I know this post is useless w/o pics so rest assured they will come when the rifle does. Just excited and wanted to share.

Wait, you bought a Colt?

aalmcc4
10-26-08, 00:17
If you're dealing with Tanner's in PA , then you're good to go. They're stand up guys.

Valhalla79
10-26-08, 08:05
Wait, you bought a Colt?

Yes sir.... I edited the original post and clarified a little, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Valhalla79
10-26-08, 08:11
If you're dealing with Tanner's in PA , then you're good to go. They're stand up guys.

That's what i keep hearing and that definitely makes me feel better, first purchase from Gunbroker's. He (Tanner's) is apparently getting a shipment of 25 in on Oct. 30th. I'll report back when the transaction is complete.

N4LtRecce
10-26-08, 09:41
Congrats. You won't be disappointed.

SwatDawg15
10-26-08, 14:12
That was a good find. You won't hardly beat that price for a NIB 6920 anywhere.

Valhalla79
10-26-08, 14:27
Yah, I left L.E. to soon, I should have stockpilled and got my discount before taking a break.

fabulous45s
10-26-08, 18:07
I've been tormenting myself for 2 weeks.

Only two weeks?! That's not nearly long enough.
Just kidding.
I'm just bitter because I've finally figured out what path I want to go and one one has any in stock (LMT).

Valhalla79
10-26-08, 20:35
Yah, for my first rifle that I will own, not issue or carry, I decided to go with a sure thing. Next, I will save up and do the LMT route purchasing the upper and lower separately and a Auto BCM BCG for little more beef to go with it.

EBRFAN
10-27-08, 08:32
Great price;I just paid $1399 for mine.I spent about $250 more with 7% tax,so I will rationalize it as political "insurance".About $5 a month for the next 4 years if....Good to know about folks like Tanners though for the future.