PDA

View Full Version : Need help with picking a rail system please.

St.Michael
10-26-08, 11:01
Ok, I have an Optics Ready bushmaster. I just got it and I was wondering if there is a possible way to put a longer rail system on then whats on it. I think someone mentioned that if I wanted I could have a longer free float that went past where the front site post would be. As I don't have one I figured it would be easier for me because I don't have to take one off. Thanks guys.

Robb Jensen
10-26-08, 11:50
If you mill down the gas block even smaller you can then fit most rails over it easily. If you don't have the means to do that use a VLTOR block or similar and have it pinned.

See this thread. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=18718&highlight=shave
I can make a 'shaved' front sight base fit even under the very small interior of the Daniel Defense Omega rail. I'd recommend a 10" or 12" DD Lite Rail for your purposes.

SwatDawg15
10-26-08, 14:29
Im getting a Troy 10" FF. Gonna take the dremal and cut and shave the front site off. Hopefully I can do it and not screw anything up :rolleyes:

St.Michael
10-26-08, 14:30
I wonder why i have to do mine since I don't have one.

Robb Jensen
10-26-08, 14:40
I wonder why i have to do mine since I don't have one.

It still need the bayonet lug and sling swivel and tabs removed and the top corners knocked down to fit under a Troy.

St.Michael
10-26-08, 15:15
hehe well good thing ill be having you do it