PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Arms Lowers

26 Inf
07-05-18, 17:46
I just picked up my Centurion Arms lower receiver and rail from my FFL.

My reason for buying this lower was that I am in the process of converting all my 'no name lowers' on rifles I'm keeping to lowers with cool logos and recognized by most as seemingly legit. My only complaint is that the Centurion Arms logo was more understated than I figured it would be.

The lower is blemish free, with clear selector markings on both sides. Otherwise it not cluttered with markings that aren't required. The Centurion stylized arrow and the CM4 below it will lok nice with the simple goldish fill I have envisioned.

The rail, likewise, is blemish free, with the Centurion Arms logo laser engraved in white on both sides of the rail. My wife thinks I should do the fill on the receiver in white to match, jury is still out on that.

I know this is a sparse report, I'm going riding tonight and won't be able to assemble the lower and upper until the weekend. This one will have a Stag LPK with a Toolcraft C158 bolt, and a Sionics 16" LW mid-length barrel.

An additional detail just reared its ugly head - I have several Geissele gas blocks of the .750 persuasion standing-by, but no .625 gas blocks - so it will be a week or so, I guess.

Anyways, just wanted to reassure those of you who maybe haven't received them yet, they are, in my eyes, GTG!

Thanks again to Stickman for making this happen.

vandal5
07-05-18, 18:02
Glad you like it!
My FFL was closed today so they couldn't received it. I should have be able to grab it tomorrow or Saturday the latest.

Will post a pic once I get it.

Sent from my PIP-BOY 3000 using Tapatalk

Tigereye
07-05-18, 18:10
Lower, upper, and rail. Very pleased with each of them. Unfortunately, they will be assembled slowly as parts are acquired.
Thanks again, Stick.

sidewaysil80
07-05-18, 18:22
A little disappointed to be honest...
http://i.imgur.com/5ITed02l.jpg

Waiting to hear back regarding RMA. Not stressing it too much as this build is in the queue until I finish up another.

gunnerblue
07-05-18, 18:33

Waiting to hear back regarding RMA. Not stressing it too much as this build is in the queue until I finish up another.

What do you think would cause that?

sidewaysil80
07-05-18, 18:40
They removed material probably due to fitment/measurement spec. I hit it with a micrometer and it's about 1/100 thinner on the bare metal side. Hopefully re-anodizing will still allow upper to fit.

sig1473
07-05-18, 18:48
The rail, likewise, is blemish free, with the Centurion Arms logo laser engraved in white on both sides of the rail. My wife thinks I should do the fill on the receiver in white to match, jury is still out on that.

I know this is a sparse report, I'm going riding tonight and won't be able to assemble the lower and upper until the weekend. This one will have a Stag LPK with a Toolcraft C158 bolt, and a Sionics 16" LW mid-length barrel.

An additional detail just reared its ugly head - I have several Geissele gas blocks of the .750 persuasion standing-by, but no .625 gas blocks - so it will be a week or so, I guess.

Just a heads up but your Geissele gas block will not work with the Centurion rail. You will need a lower profile one. I'm speaking from experience.

sidewaysil80
07-05-18, 19:48
Just a heads up but your Geissele gas block will not work with the Centurion rail. You will need a lower profile one. I'm speaking from experience.

Any idea if the Ballistic Advantage .625" will fit?

Mr McSimon
07-05-18, 19:57
A little disappointed to be honest....

Me too. The upper and rail were both fine, but I got two blem lowers, one worse then the other. No issues with roll marks or engravings though. They're out this week on holiday so I'm sure they'll make it right next week. I've worked with them before and received great customer service, so I'm not worried, or in a hurry, and I'm still excited about the new parts.

Iraqgunz
07-05-18, 20:47
Geissele block won't work anyways since it's a .750 and his barrel is a .625 just as he mentioned in his post.

SeriousStudent
07-05-18, 20:48
Mine are great, I'm going to get one of of the Centurion RECCE barrels to go with it.

1_click_off
07-05-18, 21:05

I am in same boat as you. Both lowers and rail have cosmetic issues as well. The upper seems to be ok. I emailed them also. Was staying quite until others posted Incase I was an isolated incident. Spoke with one other board member and he confirmed having same issues in same areas as ours. Am disappointed in them.

Edit: Mine are not bare like yours, they appear to have been touched up with something in an attempt to seal the surface. The only bare metal I see is the bolt catch spring hole. But these are blems in my opinion. Will I use them, most likely. Will I keep them for my kids as originally planned, no. Shame too since they are consecutively serial numbered.

MWAG19919
07-05-18, 21:15
My lower had a slight blemish on the inside edge where it meets the upper where you could see shiny aluminum. It also had some burs from when the bolt catch roll pin hole was made, as seen in the photo below.

The burs were easy enough to take care of, and the other blemish was inconsequential. Overall I'm very happy with the upper and the service from Centurion.

Leaveammoforme
07-05-18, 22:27
Will my lowers work? Yep.

Do they appear to have additional machine work done after anodizing? Yep.

Am I impressed? Nope.

bowman57_2
07-05-18, 23:44
Any idea if the Ballistic Advantage .625" will fit?

I’ve used the BA gas block under the Centurion rail. It fits but just barely, can’t use the MLOK slots around it.

Stickman
07-06-18, 00:39
I just picked up my Centurion Arms lower receiver and rail from my FFL.

My reason for buying this lower was that I am in the process of converting all my 'no name lowers' on rifles I'm keeping to lowers with cool logos and recognized by most as seemingly legit. My only complaint is that the Centurion Arms logo was more understated than I figured it would be.

The lower is blemish free, with clear selector markings on both sides. Otherwise it not cluttered with markings that aren't required. The Centurion stylized arrow and the CM4 below it will lok nice with the simple goldish fill I have envisioned.

Anyways, just wanted to reassure those of you who maybe haven't received them yet, they are, in my eyes, GTG!

Thanks again to Stickman for making this happen.

1. Your wife is correct, you should listen to her.

2. BCM is who made the .625 gas blocks I've been using. I just picked up one from Cross Machine Tool of the same size which looks good but has not been used yet.

Stickman
07-06-18, 00:44

You received it with bare metal inside? Seems odd. I assembled a few lowers today that had machine work done after anodizing. Internal stuff isn't an issue, but external areas or area with moving parts are a different matter to me.

sidewaysil80
07-06-18, 06:01
You received it with bare metal inside? Seems odd. I assembled a few lowers today that had machine work done after anodizing. Internal stuff isn't an issue, but external areas or area with moving parts are a different matter to me.

(Not being a smartass but wanting to make sure I’m understanding you) Is “machine work done after anondizing” that you experienced different than the pic of bare metal I posted? I figured thats exactly what they did to my lower, machined to get in spec post anondizing.

HeruMew
07-06-18, 12:48
Happy to have participated in this cool event anyways. I am along some of the other comments: I will most likely still use it for as planned, but I am not as impressed as, I felt, I would have been without what's pictured below.

I love the Logo, the depth of the imprint, all looks wonderful except that spot milled after anodizing.

ETA: I want to include, to the picture posted above, your milling looks pretty clean. This one still has the shavings, cutting oil, etc. This is as arrived. My wife and I had an appointment, so I just took it out of the box, gave it a quick look over, noticed the milled out spot, wrapped it back up and stuffed it away until today. But, that's only been a few days.

https://image.ibb.co/ectF7J/S0612194.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/eUMP1d/S0582188.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/nkrUZy/S0592189.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/cTqCnJ/S0602193.jpg

Stickman
07-06-18, 12:53
Happy to have participated in this cool event anyways. I am along some of the other comments: I will most likely still use it for as planned, but I am not as impressed as, I felt, I would have been without what's pictured below.

I love the Logo, the depth of the imprint, all looks wonderful except that spot milled after anodizing. You can see rust forming already, and that was it wrapped up in the foam and in the safe. I didn't see that the first day (Tuesday) but may have missed it in hast.

The hysteria has now reaching a new high with the assertion that rust is forming inside a lower.

sidewaysil80
07-06-18, 12:56
Nevermind

HeruMew
07-06-18, 12:57
The hysteria has now reaching a new high with the assertion that rust is forming inside a lower.

Foot in mouth. Forgot Aluminum and all. What is the markings? Heat burns from the tooling?

I also want to include that it's far from hysteria. I am very appreciative of being a part of the group buy. Even as someone who only went as far as one lower.

I know a lot of efforts were put in by Centurion and their team, and yourself. In no way am I insinuating that I don't have a product that I will know I will be satisfied with. It's quite the contrary. But, to Sideway's credit, he hit the nail on the head. It is still, in many eyes, a blemished product. To me, as long as it works, I won't care. No sense in nonsense like a return. But, it still has that kinda: "Shucks." feeling to it. I wanted to share my experience and used a poor analysis of the situation. The gears clicked as I read your comment.

26 Inf
07-06-18, 13:18
Foot in mouth. Forgot Aluminum and all. What is the markings? Heat burns from the tooling?

I also want to include that it's far from hysteria. I am very appreciative of being a part of the group buy. Even as someone who only went as far as one lower.

I know a lot of efforts were put in by Centurion and their team, and yourself. In no way am I insinuating that I don't have a product that I will know I will be satisfied with. It's quite the contrary. But, to Sideway's credit, he hit the nail on the head. It is still, in many eyes, a blemished product. To me, as long as it works, I won't care. No sense in nonsense like a return. But, it still has that kinda: "Shucks." feeling to it. I wanted to share my experience and used a poor analysis of the situation. The gears clicked as I read your comment.

After reading these yesterday, I went over mine again with a very critical eye. Still looks pristine.

I suppose that the evidence of machining after anodizing shows evidence of QC checks, so in that respect it is a good thing.

I would just hit it with some aluma-black if you don't like the look. Perhaps they should have, but then, I'm sure, there would have been the potential for someone saying cover-up.

This is one of the reasons I try not to jump on the '@#$% sucks' bandwagon, this things happen to all manufacturers. As I noted, at least it shows they were looking at dimensions.

1_click_off
07-06-18, 16:30
After reading these yesterday, I went over mine again with a very critical eye. Still looks pristine.

I suppose that the evidence of machining after anodizing shows evidence of QC checks, so in that respect it is a good thing.

I would just hit it with some aluma-black if you don't like the look. Perhaps they should have, but then, I'm sure, there would have been the potential for someone saying cover-up.

This is one of the reasons I try not to jump on the '@#$% sucks' bandwagon, this things happen to all manufacturers. As I noted, at least it shows they were looking at dimensions.

Agreed, but a simple heads up of “we had to modify your lower, is this acceptable to you?” before shipping would have been better than what happened. I understand stuff happens, but proactive instead or silent or reactive is 1k better. What was received was not what was ordered in my view. We’re not talking the Family Truckster or anything. Just a simple heads up would have avoided all of this. Then there would have simply been jokes about group buy lowers and special edition group buy lowers.

phixion
07-06-18, 17:24

Being respectful is enough, so stop apologizing. We're all grown here, so find solid grounding and stop walking on eggshells.

Those lowers should have never went out the door; I know it, you know it, we all know it. So please, stop being grateful for receiving a blemished product.

Return it and give them a chance to make it right because what you received is simply not acceptable.

grizzman
07-06-18, 18:52
I looked mine over while waiting for the 4473 to be processed, and then inspected it very closely after I got home with it. The bolt catch pocket had been deepened a bit after anodizing, but I don't consider that an issue. There was what looked like oil at a front lower corner of the FCG well. I grabbed a Q-tip with solvent, and learned it wasn't oil after all. It's just an area roughly the size of a pencil eraser, so again....not an issue to me.

I've re-applied some Aluminum black to it, and I'll probably forget all about it within the next 6 months. All visible surfaces are machined/anodized nicely.....just not quite to the same level as the Mega that's still sitting in a drawer waiting to become useful. The Centurion will be built. The (perfect) Mega will be sold to a friend.

26 Inf
07-06-18, 20:08
Being respectful is enough, so stop apologizing. We're all grown here, so find solid grounding and stop walking on eggshells.

Those lowers should have never went out the door; I know it, you know it, we all know it. So please, stop being grateful for receiving a blemished product.

Return it and give them a chance to make it right because what you received is simply not acceptable.

Most of the time I agree with your stance on things, and even in this case I agree partially.

But before we get too up in arms about it this is the perspective I would take: My order shipped came to 275.00; as near as I could figure the order would have been 355.00 retail. So I received the parts at a discount of 22% off list price, the discount percentage would be higher if I deducted the shipping cost.

That is not a bad deal from my point of view - even if you consider the lower a blem.

Not too long ago we had a thread on the Colt complete lowers in which folks were making much light of the blemishes on their lowers, so consider that Centurion Arms also makes War Horses not Show Ponies! At least they got the flashing smoothed out in the back strap area.

All that being said, I'm happy, mine is pristine.

sidewaysil80
07-06-18, 20:45

I'm with you, never should have shipped. I emailed them and hopefully they agree to re-anodize or take it back.

elephant
07-06-18, 23:57
My reason for buying this lower was that I am in the process of converting all my 'no name lowers' on rifles I'm keeping to lowers with cool logos and recognized by most as seemingly legit.

You sound just like me. I don't know why I think that way but I cannot for the life of me figure out why I cant bring myself to buy certain brands. Or mix certain brands together.

themonk
07-07-18, 07:44
But before we get too up in arms about it this is the perspective I would take: My order shipped came to 275.00; as near as I could figure the order would have been 355.00 retail. So I received the parts at a discount of 22% off list price, the discount percentage would be higher if I deducted the shipping cost.

That is not a bad deal from my point of view - even if you consider the lower a blem.

Nope, the cost is not a factor in this. Up until this point I would consider Centurion to be a tier one manufacturer. This type of work would never leave a tier one's warehouse. I have not picked mine up yet as I have been in the woods but will early next week.

26 Inf
07-07-18, 12:25
Nope, the cost is not a factor in this. Up until this point I would consider Centurion to be a tier one manufacturer. This type of work would never leave a tier one's warehouse. I have not picked mine up yet as I have been in the woods but will early next week.

Guess what, 'Murica we get to disagree! Isn't that great?

I have a couple of guns that I would stroke out if they got dinged, much less came out of the box flawed in any way. But I've never felt that way about any AR. I don't abuse them, but the get dropped and banged around.

Maybe it the modularity of them, maybe it's the fact that, in reality, anyone can put one together and have it function as designed.

Maybe it's the fact that in the last week I've spent more money riding to out of the way places and meeting friends for lunch than I spent on this receiver, I don't know.

It just wouldn't bug me as much as it obviously does others, I get that, we all be different.

Tigereye
07-07-18, 13:07
I've looked more closely at mine and am still very pleased.

panzerr
07-07-18, 13:28
You sound just like me. I don't know why I think that way but I cannot for the life of me figure out why I cant bring myself to buy certain brands. Or mix certain brands together.

I'm glad I'm not the only one this anal!

themonk
07-10-18, 14:38
I have the same milling in the inside along with what looks like anodizing damage on the front. Disappointed is an understatement. Anyone have phone number for them or is it all email?

sidewaysil80
07-10-18, 14:44
I have the same milling in the inside along with what looks like anodizing damage on the front. Disappointed is an understatement. Anyone have phone number for them or is it all email?

It’s all email. They just got back to me today and offered to cerakote it any color or give a full refund. So in my book they made it right.

1_click_off
07-10-18, 17:30
My rail had a extruding flaw and when I sent a picture of it to them they had an RMA and another one on the way within the initial response. All I need to do is swap rails and drop the old one back in the box. So the customer service is definitely there.

Stickman
07-10-18, 18:49
I spoke with Monty earlier today, and this topic came up. He said people who have issues with their lowers can get them cerakoted or refunded.

If that doesn't end complaints...

1_click_off
07-10-18, 18:56
I spoke with Monty earlier today, and this topic came up. He said people who have issues with their lowers can get them cerakoted or refunded.

Seems like that is really opening him up to be on the hook for unexpected costs. Just wondering if this could make for the lowers to be out of spec again once the cerakote is applied. Hopefully they shaved enough off the first time. Great he is doing this, bold he is offering cerakote.... great customer service on his end.

panzerr
07-10-18, 19:00
Just wondering if this could make for the lowers to be out of spec again once the cerakote is applied.

Cerkote is applied very thin (<0.001 inches). It will not put anything out of spec that isn't launched into orbit.

themonk
07-10-18, 19:12
The whole thing is so unlike them. I'm confused as to how they let these out of the house unless somewhere I missed that they were blem lowers all along.

1_click_off
07-10-18, 19:52
Cerkote is applied very thin (<0.001 inches). It will not put anything out of spec that isn't launched into orbit.

Knew it was thin, didn’t know it was that thin.

Stickman
07-10-18, 21:05
The whole thing is so unlike them. I'm confused as to how they let these out of the house unless somewhere I missed that they were blem lowers all along.

No, they were the first run of lowers, and part of the appeal was because of low numbers and first access.

JediGuy
07-10-18, 21:53
Since I have yet to get over to pick up my lower/upper/handguard, quick question should it be blem’d...

Are the upper and handguard just laser engraved? I ask as this raises the possibility of getting everything cerakoted to match, but I also wouldn’t want to lose branding. Petty, perhaps, but now wondering.

Stickman
07-10-18, 22:32
Since I have yet to get over to pick up my lower/upper/handguard, quick question should it be blem’d...

Are the upper and handguard just laser engraved? I ask as this raises the possibility of getting everything cerakoted to match, but I also wouldn’t want to lose branding. Petty, perhaps, but now wondering.

There is a lot being made about something which is actually very minor, though I can understand the desire from people to want perfection.

To answer your question, rails and upper receivers are laser engraved.

titsonritz
07-11-18, 00:41
It’s all email. They just got back to me today and offered to cerakote it any color or give a full refund. So in my book they made it right.

No complaints, mine lower is perfect, but if I beat it up a little bit can I get in on this cerakote gig?

Solid options for anyone displeased, rare if not unheard of.

vandal5
07-11-18, 04:35
No, they were the first run of lowers, and part of the appeal was because of low numbers and first access.

Just curiosity, do we know how low the first serial numbers were that shipped? Did they start shipping at 0001, or 0100? Not expecting people to share their serial numbers, I ordered a dew days after they were put up on the site and got in the middle of the 0100 and 0200 range.

themonk
07-11-18, 07:02
There is a lot being made about something which is actually very minor, though I can understand the desire from people to want perfection.

Stick, I think its a minor issue if its a lower you were going to throw on a beater for hard use. But I think if you purchased the lower in expectation of a low SN# and as a showpiece or investment piece, the condition to at least my lower is far beyond minor. It is not viable for that purpose. Personally I dont care and will use it as a beater but I think there were some with a different expectation (especially from Centurion). I dont think anyone who looked at my lower would ever purchase it from me. It is far worse than any actual blem lowers I have purchased. These are by no means china dolls.

Jwknutson17
07-11-18, 08:34
I would have rejected it right at the FFL and not taken possession. But Monty and Corey are good people, and will take care of everyone. I'm very surprised they shipped like that though. Doesn't matter the serial / early release if they come blemed when not advertised as such.

26 Inf
07-11-18, 12:03

I think there were probably several factors at work here -as Stickman states, a lot of the appeal was the chance for a low SN, so I can understand the desire not to destroy a low SN receiver, or throw it in the blem pile.

It has been noted that Centurion Arms will either Cerakote or allow you to return for a refund. To me that is good service.

My serial number is low 01-- and as I said earlier in this thread it is pristine. If the only blemish was on the interior of the receiver, I would think hard about returning it for either a refund, or another receiver with a hight number.

Reiterating, the options presented are return for Cerakoting or for refund. Through some effort on the part of several folks (Stickman and Monty) we were offered a good deal. If you don't like what you have either return it or have it Cerakoted.

There is no need to continue to beat this drum or bother Stickman, his only transgression was trying to put together a cool deal. Which he did.

JM .02

fledge
07-11-18, 13:16
Just curiosity, do we know how low the first serial numbers were that shipped? Did they start shipping at 0001, or 0100? Not expecting people to share their serial numbers, I ordered a dew days after they were put up on the site and got in the middle of the 0100 and 0200 range.

Stick stated elsewhere they start at 100.

Stickman
07-11-18, 17:25
There is no need to continue to beat this drum or bother Stickman, his only transgression was trying to put together a cool deal. Which he did.

JM .02

I'll state that I'm not in an overly good mood right now after finding out how some of the POS on this site contacted CA and acted like jerkoffs. Monty is far too much of a gentleman to name names, but some of you are scumbags, and you should be glad I don't know who you are.

As far as I'm concerned anyone continuously bitching at this point needs to shut up and get their money refunded.

Please feel free to comment on how out of line I am, how you are entitled to something else, or whatever else you want. The list starts now of people who will not be involved in any additional group buys. That isn't a threat, it is a simple statement that I will not allow people who go out of their way to be problems to ruin something for all the awesome people here.

Stickman
07-11-18, 17:25
Stick stated elsewhere they start at 100.

Correct, thank you.

Stickman
07-11-18, 17:29
No complaints, mine lower is perfect, but if I beat it up a little bit can I get in on this cerakote gig?

Solid options for anyone displeased, rare if not unheard of.

While I was BSing with Monty, he commented they were going to be doing Cerakote finishes as part of their lineup of standard offerings. It sounded like they were catching up on a few projects, so I'm not sure when that will happen.

sidewaysil80
07-11-18, 18:48
I'll state that I'm not in an overly good mood right now after finding out how some of the POS on this site contacted CA and acted like jerkoffs. Monty is far too much of a gentleman to name names, but some of you are scumbags, and you should be glad I don't know who you are.

As far as I'm concerned anyone continuously bitching at this point needs to shut up and get their money refunded.

Please feel free to comment on how out of line I am, how you are entitled to something else, or whatever else you want. The list starts now of people who will not be involved in any additional group buys. That isn't a threat, it is a simple statement that I will not allow people who go out of their way to be problems to ruin something for all the awesome people here.

Thats kind of ****ed up. They (Corrie) were super polite and accommodating in emails and correspondence when I reached out them. For anyone to shit on them while they were/are making things right is uncalled for. Given your friendship and involvement I don't think your comments are out of line at all.

I won’t fault someone or hold it against them for expressing disappointment, but bashing them after they offered to resolve the issue or being disrespectful is uncalled for and in bad taste. Couldn’t have been too many blem lowers so it shouldn’t be too hard to deduce who was out of line.

SeriousStudent
07-11-18, 20:05
Chief Leclair spent 20 years smiting our nation's enemies. That's worthy of great respect.

Pat Rogers (God rest his soul) had what he called an NFE list.

Just a thought.

Tigereye
07-11-18, 21:01
I’ll say again that I am very pleased with the lower, upper, and rail. Thanks again Stick and Monty for putting this together.

titsonritz
07-11-18, 21:38

You are most definitely NOT out of line. Pretty ****ing sad.

titsonritz
07-11-18, 22:05
Chief Leclair spent 20 years smiting our nation's enemies. That's worthy of great respect.

Pat Rogers (God rest his soul) had what he called an NFE list.

Just a thought.

Respect indeed. Personally, I'll cherish my lower if for no other reason than knowing who was behind it and will duly beat the piss out of it. My only regret is being lower-rich and dollar-poor or I would have I have picked up a couple more.

ffhounddog
07-12-18, 07:09
Dang missed out on the deal. Take a break from he internet due to BS going on and forgot about the lower deal. Upset at myself for not getting in on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeruMew
07-12-18, 10:29

I am not sure where you perceived I am stepping on eggshells? I am clear in my sentiment and statement.

While I appreciate your rhetoric, please, stay in your lane.

I only got a glimpse of what Monty and his team was handling in regards to requests, and I also know that Stickman and CA bent over backwards to accommodate multiple requests such as Rail Option, Stripped Upper Options, Low Serial Numbers, and Consecutive is so desired.

I know my SN is in the 60s, and that's a pretty cool thing to be a part of.

Rather than rant and moan here, for the last few days, I spent some time putting together the lower with spare parts I had. I know, full well, that I will be stripping most of the parts back off of it soon enough, to do the build I wanted, but I wanted to check upper to lower fit, etc.

It all checks out. Does that *blem* irk me? Sure, a little. I made a foolish assumption, and in my haste, forgot to simply just check the damn thing out all the way. The fit is quite amazing actually, no wobble in any of my uppers, but all the ones I was willing to pop pins for went on perfectly and tight.

Will I request cerakote? I dunno. Maybe? In all reality, they offered a damn good set of solutions. But if our crew here is really being as hell bent as it sounds, I don't want to pile onto that shit show.

https://image.ibb.co/eda4CT/S0622195.jpg

Not out of line, many comments were, including my own hastily made one, but I wouldn't blame you if you didn't do another buy. Hopefully the true level of idiocracy and unprofessional actions were kept to a minimum with CA. Corrie and the Team don't deserve that for sure; no matter what.

07-12-18, 10:54
My 3 are very pretty. I hope to assemble them soon.

drtywk
07-12-18, 12:25
I was finally able to pick up my lower, upper and rail from my FFL yesterday. It does have the additional machining, but it is barely noticeable and is no big deal. I have known Monty and Corrie for a long time and they are salt of the earth people that I am proud to call friends. They will bend over backwards to take care of people and they run a truly outstanding company.

I fully agree with Stick, who I have known for several years as well, that there needs to be a Pat Rogers-esque NFE list for future groups buys, if there are any, after what some people have done. Just because it is an email or a phone call, it is still personal to the people on the other end and those that acted like F***tards should know that that is just what they are, regardless of whether you felt slighted or not, because you know damn well that you would not say those things to either Monty or Corrie in person.

Thank you Stick and Team Centurion for putting this together. Pics of my build will be forthcoming. Stick, is it possible to do a CA Group Buy picture thread in here?

MWAG19919
07-12-18, 13:10
I was finally able to pick up my lower, upper and rail from my FFL yesterday. It does have the additional machining, but it is barely noticeable and is no big deal. I have known Monty and Corrie for a long time and they are salt of the earth people that I am proud to call friends. They will bend over backwards to take care of people and they run a truly outstanding company.

I fully agree with Stick, who I have known for several years as well, that there needs to be a Pat Rogers-esque NFE list for future groups buys, if there are any, after what some people have done. Just because it is an email or a phone call, it is still personal to the people on the other end and those that acted like F***tards should know that that is just what they are, regardless of whether you felt slighted or not, because you know damn well that you would not say those things to either Monty or Corrie in person.

Thank you Stick and Team Centurion for putting this together. Pics of my build will be forthcoming. Stick, is it possible to do a CA Group Buy picture thread in here?

I started a CA lower build thread, but if a mod wants to change the title to include all Centurion group buy items that would be cool.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?208047-What-did-YOU-do-with-your-Centurion-stripped-lower

sig1473
07-12-18, 18:02
I started a CA lower build thread, but if a mod wants to change the title to include all Centurion group buy items that would be cool.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?208047-What-did-YOU-do-with-your-Centurion-stripped-lower

I get my Colt LPKs on Monday, so I'll be building those up and will be pairing one of those with a Centurion factory built 16" RECCE upper. Can't wait.

604flyer
07-12-18, 20:27
My FFL was closed over the week of the 4th so I picked up my order on Tuesday. Got 2 lowers, uppers, and rails and these all looked great. I don’t see flaws in machining or finish on my parts. I sent a complimentary email to CA as I feel they were super accommodating in this buy. Also my thanks to Stick for all his efforts...sorry you got mired in all the aftermath.