PDA

View Full Version : AR For Home Defense--Where Do You Store Yours?

Dr. Bullseye
07-05-18, 23:18
If you rely on an AR 15 for home defense, where do you put yours? Do you put it under your bed? Hanging in the closet of your bedroom? Where? Loaded? Does this actually replace a handgun for home defense?

redpillregret
07-05-18, 23:47
I keep my AR where I can access it from my bedside, but it out of sight. It is loaded, safety engaged.

When you ask “does it replace the handgun?” What are you meaning? Would you choose the handgun sometimes and choose the rifle sometimes? Of course the rifle is the primary, the handgun the secondary.

The rifle is suppressed, has a bigger and brighter light, has more ammunition, more effective ammunition, and penetrates less. I can’t think of any reason to choose the handgun as the primary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iraqgunz
07-06-18, 00:01
Not that this hasn't been discussed a gajillion times before but..... Everyone is going to have a different life situation that is going to impact how this will occur. What works in my house may not work for the next guy and so on.

In my current situation my gun safe is located in my room. I have a handgun around and all times and I have a loaded rifle around at all times. When I am not home stuff is locked up. When I am home the safe is also generally open. I also have ankle snappers that are starting to come around more so I have to be more aware of that and keep stuff locked up.

Everyone with a magazine has an empty chamber, on fire and hammer forward.

TheWambo
07-06-18, 07:45
At the ready when I'm at home empty chamber loaded mag (used to keep it chambered but I dryfire with snap caps daily and I dont want to be rechambering the same live rounds over and over) locked up when I'm not. I dont have any kids and my wife is a pretty avid shooter herself so safe handling is the norm here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

austinN4
07-06-18, 07:57
In my current situation my gun safe is located in my room. I have a handgun around and all times and I have a loaded rifle around at all times. When I am not home stuff is locked up. When I am home the safe is also generally open. Everyone with a magazine has an empty chamber, on fire and hammer forward.
Pretty much where I am at, except when I am home my safes are always open.

markm
07-06-18, 10:08
Leaning on the nightstand when I'm home. I'm damned sure not grabbing a pistol on my home court.

pubb
07-06-18, 10:26
12 gauge, locked in my safe in my closet, chamber empty, buckshot shells in a holder on the buttstock and several mini slugs in a holder on the sling. I also have a 92 with a mag at the ready and a few more loaded and ready to go on the same shelf. I have small kids and a big dog. My house has a fair degree of distance between the closest neighbors, but is still within overpentration range of a 223. I like my neighbors and they would help if needed so shooting them is something I would prefer to avoid.

Thankfully, my house is laid out so that it is eminently defensible: only one staircase up to the bedrooms and that staircase is in the center of the house. The dog may or may not scare off or even stop an attacker, but he will buy me a little bit of time. I camp on the landing at the top of the stairs, while my wife calls 911 from behind the exterior thickness (1.75") solid wood door with reinforced jamb of my daughter's room. She knows that she is to shout "don't come in I have a gun" and not to open the door - even for me - unless the 911 dispatcher confirms with her that the officer on scene has cleared the house except for that room.

The muzzle flash and sound of my 14.5" AR is something that would be shock inducing in a small area.

vicious_cb
07-06-18, 10:38
12 gauge, locked in my safe in my closet, chamber empty, buckshot shells in a holder on the buttstock and several mini slugs in a holder on the sling. I also have a 92 with a mag at the ready and a few more loaded and ready to go on the same shelf. I have small kids and a big dog. My house has a fair degree of distance between the closest neighbors, but is still within overpentration range of a 223. I like my neighbors and they would help if needed so shooting them is something I would prefer to avoid.

Thankfully, my house is laid out so that it is eminently defensible: only one staircase up to the bedrooms and that staircase is in the center of the house. The dog may or may not scare off or even stop an attacker, but he will buy me a little bit of time. I camp on the landing at the top of the stairs, while my wife calls 911 from behind the exterior thickness (1.75") solid wood door with reinforced jamb of my daughter's room. She knows that she is to shout "don't come in I have a gun" and not to open the door - even for me - unless the 911 dispatcher confirms with her that the officer on scene has cleared the house except for that room.

The muzzle flash and sound of my 14.5" AR is something that would be shock inducing in a small area.

You realize buckshot and slugs penetrate walls MORE than 5.56/.223 right? Even your standard pistol calibers will penetrate more.

Gunnar da Wolf
07-06-18, 10:43
Leaning against a dresser beside the bed with a Carhart vest draped over it to conceal it and protect against dust. Magazine inserted with empty chamber. No kids, visitors are rare. Two large indoor dogs protect the house when we are gone. If the dogs go with us the guns are locked up in a safe.

Doc Safari
07-06-18, 10:55
I have my M4 stuffed into an IWB holster disguised as a colostomy bag. The buttstock sticks out considerably, so I put a blonde wig and a styrofoam head on it that I painted to look like a real face. It works for a darkened room. It makes it look like I have a person backing me up in case the shit gets real.

J/K :jester:

All I will say is that it's within arm's reach.

pubb
07-06-18, 10:57
I'm shooting downward and a light "recoil managed" load of #4 lead isn't going to bounce around like a 2700fps FMJ ball round.

mardad
07-06-18, 11:54
post deleted

26 Inf
07-06-18, 13:03
I'm shooting downward and a light "recoil managed" load of #4 lead isn't going to bounce around like a 2700fps FMJ ball round.

Are you saying #4 shot or #4 buck?

Either way there are better home defense loads for the shotgun. Most gunshot wound guys say that #1 buck hits the sweet spot.

Apexodus
07-06-18, 13:20
Between my nightstand and the headboard of my bed, very hard to notice but always in reach. One in the chamber, safety on.

Moose-Knuckle
07-06-18, 14:33
I can’t think of any reason to choose the handgun as the primary.

It leaves one hand available to manipulate door knobs, security panels, cell phone, pick up a child, et al. and typically will not over penetrate while utilizing reputable HP ammo (assuming 9mm). YMMV.

I have my M4 stuffed into an IWB holster disguised as a colostomy bag. The buttstock sticks out considerably, so I put a blonde wig and a styrofoam head on it that I painted to look like a real face. It works for a darkened room. It makes it look like I have a person backing me up in case the shit gets real.

:lol:

Moose-Knuckle
07-06-18, 14:38
double tap.

redpillregret
07-06-18, 14:45
It leaves one hand available to manipulate door knobs, security panels, cell phone, pick up a child, et al. and typically will not over penetrate while utilizing reputable HP ammo (assuming 9mm). YMMV.

:lol:

The 9mm penetrate more than my 5.56. I have a sling if I need to operate a security panel. I can hold the rifle one handed if need be. I keep all doors open 45 degrees except for the room I’m in.

Dr. Bullseye
07-06-18, 16:15
"You're living on a tax farm as free range humans . . ."

The whole thread was worth it just to see the above. I am going to steal this from you Moose-Knuckle and probably not give you credit. My attorney accept papers when you sue me.

Moose-Knuckle
07-06-18, 16:34
I have a sling if I need to operate a security panel.

More importantly the sling if deployed correctly will negate a disarm by an intruder(s). Something that happens when one rounds corners with a longarm.

I can hold the rifle one handed if need be.

Yes but can you fire it accurately at a moving target that does not wish to be shot while also activating your WML with said one hand?

I keep all doors open 45 degrees except for the room I’m in.

I'll assume your speaking of interior doors. You may find yourself in a situation where you will have to bail and unlock and manipulate exterior doors, possibly while taking fire and or shooting.

The scenarios are infinite and there are no wrong answers to what a homeowner chooses be it handgun, shotgun, or rifle.

"You're living on a tax farm as free range humans . . ."

The whole thread was worth it just to see the above. I am going to steal this from you Moose-Knuckle and probably not give you credit. My attorney accept papers when you sue me.

No worries as I stole it from someone else. :p

Mr. Goodtimes
07-06-18, 16:38
If you rely on an AR 15 for home defense, where do you put yours? Do you put it under your bed? Hanging in the closet of your bedroom? Where? Loaded? Does this actually replace a handgun for home defense?

Where it’s readily accessible?

Dr. Bullseye
07-06-18, 17:29
Where it’s readily accessible?

Here I am in the loft next to my wife, asleep. My two dogs wake me up with some sort of disturbance. I am groggy and easily confused. My AR is hanging in the closet so I have to get out of bed, unzip the case, pull out the AR, find a magazine, load it, charge it, and then head downstairs to see what is wrong.

OR, after awakening, I could open a drawer on the nightstand, pull out a handgun, maybe a 38 revolver, pull out a flashlight with my other hand and then head downstairs.

So "accessible" to me is in comparison to a hand gun.

Mr. Goodtimes
07-06-18, 17:53
Here I am in the loft next to my wife, asleep. My two dogs wake me up with some sort of disturbance. I am groggy and easily confused. My AR is hanging in the closet so I have to get out of bed, unzip the case, pull out the AR, find a magazine, load it, charge it, and then head downstairs to see what is wrong.

OR, after awakening, I could open a drawer on the nightstand, pull out a handgun, maybe a 38 revolver, pull out a flashlight with my other hand and then head downstairs.

So "accessible" to me is in comparison to a hand gun.

Sounds like you have a .38 for home defense and an AR for something else. I keep both beside the bed, handgun is loaded and AR is in condition 3. If there is time I’ll grab the rifle which only involves one more step to make ready, so short of someone hovering over my head with a knife I’m probably gtg.

Dr. Bullseye
07-06-18, 18:34
Sounds like you have a .38 for home defense and an AR for something else. I keep both beside the bed, handgun is loaded and AR is in condition 3. If there is time I’ll grab the rifle which only involves one more step to make ready, so short of someone hovering over my head with a knife I’m probably gtg.

No, I don't have the .38 but I am considering it along with the AR as a bedtime companion. The .38 revolver sounds simpler at this point. Remember, I am going to be groggy.

nightchief
07-06-18, 19:04
I keep both beside the bed, handgun is loaded and AR is in condition 3. If there is time I’ll grab the rifle which only involves one more step to make ready, so short of someone hovering over my head with a knife I’m probably gtg.

What's the negative or downside to keeping the AR in condition one? Generally speaking and in your specific situation if you're willing to say. Also, not exclusively a question of Mr. Goodtimes.

NC

TheWambo
07-06-18, 19:12
What's the negative or downside to keeping the AR in condition one? Generally speaking and in your specific situation if you're willing to say. Also, not exclusively a question of Mr. Goodtimes.

NCRepeated chambering of the same round via dropping the bolt can dimple the primer, my understanding is that through repetition this can lead to an accidental/negligent discharge. I handle/dry fire my weapons frequently so this has made condition one with the AR a no go for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

redpillregret
07-06-18, 22:19
More importantly the sling if deployed correctly will negate a disarm by an intruder(s). Something that happens when one rounds corners with a longarm.

Yes but can you fire it accurately at a moving target that does not wish to be shot while also activating your WML with said one hand?

I'll assume your speaking of interior doors. You may find yourself in a situation where you will have to bail and unlock and manipulate exterior doors, possibly while taking fire and or shooting.

The scenarios are infinite and there are no wrong answers to what a homeowner chooses be it handgun, shotgun, or rifle.

No worries as I stole it from someone else. :p

If an intruder grabs my rifle around the corner, I’ve done a crummy job. But I’ll let it hang and go to the knife. ;)

JediGuy
07-06-18, 22:50
Middle drawer of nightstand, covered within the drawer but easily accessible to me. 9mm. Flashlight and weapon-mounted light. AR locked in cabinet in closed closet with two coupled mags in another drawer; not my go-to for home defense.

I have kids.

redpillregret
07-07-18, 00:34
AR locked in cabinet in closed closet with two coupled mags in another drawer; not my go-to for home defense.

I have kids.

I would think the AR would be less dangerous to the children than a handgun in a drawer.

MountainRaven
07-07-18, 00:54
Repeated chambering of the same round via dropping the bolt can dimple the primer, my understanding is that through repetition this can lead to an accidental/negligent discharge. I handle/dry fire my weapons frequently so this has made condition one with the AR a no go for me.

Doctor Roberts's specific advice regarding rechambering ammunition for duty or defensive use is don't.

bb223
07-07-18, 02:34
Cocked and locked under my bed when I'm home.

I chuck it in the safe before I leave.

JediGuy
07-07-18, 07:30
It’s inaccessible to them. I could not as effectively and accessibly secure an AR in my circumstance.

redpillregret
07-07-18, 09:33
Fair enough. I figure once mine are to the curious age I will be getting a small safe for my CCW at the bedside. I assume something like that is what you’re using?

marufamin
07-07-18, 11:00
Actually, rifles are far easier to shoot than pistols. However, I think a pistol is a better home defense firearm. It is far easier for an untrained person to move through their house with a pistol than a rifle. Training can fix that, but not everyone has the training. Overall, however, I believe a 12ga shotgun loaded with birdshot is the overall best weapon for home defense. Just my opinion. If you already own a AR 15 then you don't have to worry about home defense. It does the job very good. And keeping it under the bed in a case is my preference.

MistWolf
07-07-18, 11:14
...shotgun loaded with birdshot is the overall best weapon for home defense...
The only firearm worse for self defense than a shotgun loaded with birdshot is a pistol loaded with birdshot. This isn't an opinion, it's an established fact.

_Stormin_
07-07-18, 11:32
Overall, however, I believe a 12ga shotgun loaded with birdshot is the overall best weapon for home defense. Just my opinion.
I guess we are in a good spot that you called it an opinion and a belief rather than a fact.

Bridshot is actually terrible as a defensive round. There are people who will stand by it's usefulness in prevention of over penetration through drywall, but under penetration when pellets are on target is as much of a concern. Dick Cheney shot his lawyer in the face and the guy has minimal scarring...

556BlackRifle
07-07-18, 12:04
G23 W/SF X300 loaded with Federal HST 180gr next to my bed. Stored in a quick access lock box w/ Simplex Lock. (Unlocked at bedtime.) Noveske CQB pistol KX5, 20 round mag loaded with M193, empty chamber, bolt forward, hammer down, selector set to fire. Stored in a quick access cabinet. (Also unlocked at bedtime.) If I grab the AR, the G23 goes to my wife as the last line of defense. I keep everything locked up during the day but I'm packing even at home.

Dr. Bullseye
07-07-18, 12:09
Marufanin:
" If you already own a AR 15 then you don't have to worry about home defense. It does the job very good. And keeping it under the bed in a case is my preference."

So, do you go out and buy a second gun if you already have an AR? If I am going to shoot and intruder, I would much rather shoot him with my AR. Personally, there is no way I am going to keep a round in the chamber of my AR. There is just too much room for error in my case. I would put five rounds in a revolver but a revolver takes more deliberate effort to actually fire. So the issue is do you spend another $500.00 for your handgun pick or do you equip and prepare your AR for home defense according to your individual comfort level and conceal it adequately?

26 Inf
07-07-18, 12:59
Actually, rifles are far easier to shoot than pistols. However, I think a pistol is a better home defense firearm. It is far easier for an untrained person to move through their house with a pistol than a rifle. Training can fix that, but not everyone has the training. Overall, however, I believe a 12ga shotgun loaded with birdshot is the overall best weapon for home defense. Just my opinion. If you already own a AR 15 then you don't have to worry about home defense. It does the job very good. And keeping it under the bed in a case is my preference.

Welcome to the forum. I was curious about your background so I looked at your other posts. I'd guess that you are fairly young and feeding your interest in firearms by visiting forums. This one i particular is generally a good place to learn. There are very knowledgeable people on hare and a also some very opinionated folks who may not have the facts or experience to back their opinions. It is up to you to sort the wheat from the chaff.

I generally agree with your first sentence:

Actually, rifles are far easier to shoot than pistols. However, I think (my edit - OFTEN) a pistol is a better home defense firearm. It is far easier for an untrained person to move through their house with a pistol than a rifle.

Many folks, though feel differently, this is a subject for which there are no written in stone answers.

This though, is a misconception:

Overall, however, I believe a 12ga shotgun loaded with birdshot is the overall best weapon for home defense.

The rules of physics tell us that if we are throwing projectiles of the same shape and density at the same velocity, the lighter projectile will penetrate least, and the heavier projectile while travel further and penetrate more.

So yes it it true that 'birdshot' loads will have less penetration than 'buckshot' loads or rifle and pistol loads. The issue is that by the same token, penetration on a human is lessened to the point that heavy clothing may be birdshot armor. Yes, folks are killed by birdshot in hunting accidents. Those are generally point blank shots due to unsafe gunhandling or involve heavier shot loads.

At across the room ranges, someone may be die after being shot with birdshot, but will they be immediately incapacitated? There is very little chance of birdshot reaching the central nervous system and causing immediate incapacitation in other than point blank ranges.

So yeah, if you can shove the muzzle nearly into the guy's face or chest, birdshot would be effective, but otherwise not so much.

JediGuy
07-07-18, 14:08
Fair enough. I figure once mine are to the curious age I will be getting a small safe for my CCW at the bedside. I assume something like that is what you’re using?

Sort of. I built out a drawer in new bedroom furniture we bought. Hard to find, easy to access for both me and my wife when I’m traveling, perfect until kids get a little older.

Mr. Goodtimes
07-07-18, 14:16

NC

I dry fire a lot and I don’t want to be rechambering the same round over and over and I also don’t want to go through 30 rounds a month of Hornady TAP.

KUSA
07-07-18, 14:55
I have a S&W 686 357 mag within reach at night. I don’t have to worry about a safety, chambering a round, or any other fine motor skills. Being double action, it’s not going to go off unless I really mean for it to.

If I get up and see there are 50 zombies surrounding the house, I have an AR, shotgun, and a katana handy.

If my initial group of arms aren’t enough, I can open the safe and get some real whoop ass out. God help me if it gets to that point.

MistWolf
07-07-18, 15:37
I dry fire a lot and I don’t want to be rechambering the same round over and over and I also don’t want to go through 30 rounds a month of Hornady TAP.

This is where the forward assist comes into play. If someone were breaking into my house, I don't want to make noise by racking a round into an empty AR. At first, my thought was to ease down the charging handle, then press the bolt into battery with the FA. It soon dawned on me to simply load the AR this way before setting it out for the night to keep the bullet from jumping and the primer being crushed from repeated chamberings.

Mr. Goodtimes
07-07-18, 16:14
I have a S&W 686 357 mag within reach at night. I don’t have to worry about a safety, chambering a round, or any other fine motor skills. Being double action, it’s not going to go off unless I really mean for it to.

If I get up and see there are 50 zombies surrounding the house, I have an AR, shotgun, and a katana handy.

If my initial group of arms aren’t enough, I can open the safe and get some real whoop ass out. God help me if it gets to that point.

Well... zombies don’t exist so.....

Mr. Goodtimes
07-07-18, 16:18
This is where the forward assist comes into play. If someone were breaking into my house, I don't want to make noise by racking a round into an empty AR. At first, my thought was to ease down the charging handle, then press the bolt into battery with the FA. It soon dawned on me to simply load the AR this way before setting it out for the night to keep the bullet from jumping and the primer being crushed from repeated chamberings.

If someone breaks into my house at balls dark thirty with two cars sitting in the driveway, I don’t much care if they hear me charge the weapon. I’m pretty sure at that point they’ve already deduced that someone(s) is home. If it malfunctions, then, there is a g19 on the night stand next to it. Which in honesty, I’m probably grabbing the g19 anyways, the AR is there if I have time to use it; I’m alerted by our cameras or by our ring video door bell or perhaps a loud noise in the yard etc...

KUSA
07-07-18, 16:20

Zombie can be considered a euphemism.

The_War_Wagon
07-07-18, 18:14

The hell they DON'T! They've been marching all OVER Pittsburgh (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/02/after-fiery-protests-over-antwon-rose-shooting-community-hopes-to-heal.html) the past month. :mad:

Mr. Goodtimes
07-07-18, 18:21

I know what it is and it’s retarded.

ubet
07-07-18, 20:52
I keep and ar cocked and locked next to the bed, along with a 1911 and a wml on the nightstand. And gasp, everything I have is loaded with roll your owns. But where we live, their is almost 0 chance of ever needing them. Hell we don't even have keys for our doors.

Overall, however, I believe a 12ga shotgun loaded with birdshot is the overall best weapon for home defense. Just my opinion.

A lot of real world scenarios would disagree with you, along with a lot of ballistics tests on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

redpillregret
07-07-18, 22:18
I’ve seen real world trauma cased by 12 ga. birdshot. It is less than impressive. One instance, from a man that broke into a residence. He was shot three times with birdshot including to the neck, chest, and groin. When authorities arrived, the suspect was beating the victim after having taken three rounds.

If you choose birdshot, you’re an idiot.

Moose-Knuckle
07-08-18, 03:36

George A. Romero always said that he found the neighbors far more frightening than Dracula, The Mummy, Frankenstein, et al. so when he created the zombie genre they were a metaphor for the masses.

A spot-on analogy IMHO and how I interpret the usage on forums of a self-defense subject matter.

Now back to house clearing, gun storage, and birdshot . . . :p

I’ve seen real world trauma cased by 12 ga. birdshot. It is less than impressive. One instance, from a man that broke into a residence. He was shot three times with birdshot including to the neck, chest, and groin. When authorities arrived, the suspect was beating the victim after having taken three rounds.

If you choose birdshot, you’re an idiot.

No doubt there is an untold number of poor bastards out there that attempted suicide with a 12 gauge pump loaded with birdshot that only succeeded in making their life suck way more. They thought it would work and now they don't have a face, yikes.

Caduceus
07-08-18, 06:35

Oh good, the birdshot crowd showed up.

Ask any inner city ER doc how many of those guys cycle through the department during summer. Seriously, you're talking bandaids and discharge.

I guess I'm glad you didn't cite the Gospel of Racking Shotguns.

Dr. Bullseye
07-08-18, 12:17

What about Maxine Waters? She qualifies in my book.

Wouldn't the average teenager breaking in for drug money be terrified by ANY firearm---wouldn't any firearm work? If we move up to three guys driving into your driveway and doing a full blown home invasion, wouldn't a shotgun work? Yeah, I would rather have my AR but that is because I use an AR. With the three guy-home invasion, time may be critical since they want to get in and secure things just as soon as they can ---before you wake up or call 911.

26 Inf
07-08-18, 12:53
Hey guys,

I don't want to be shrill, but instead of one-liners slamming the guy, why not explain so a person understands in a way they can digest and accept.

Think of how you learned best - probably something along the lines by being shown, having it explained, then shown again and then allowed to question.

Jonnyt16
07-08-18, 12:58
A Daniel Defense M4V7 SLW sits by my bed every night. Always on, always ready. It will soon (hopefully) be replaced by a DD MK18 suppressed.

https://i.imgur.com/9KDN4bI.jpg?3

Moose-Knuckle
07-10-18, 00:53
Wouldn't the average teenager breaking in for drug money be terrified by ANY firearm---wouldn't any firearm work?

Generally this sort has the life expectancy of an ant, are higher than a kite, armed, and just plain don't give a ****.

They might exit stage right when confronted or go all Charge of the Light Brigade on your ass.

hile
07-10-18, 07:45
At present, my primary AR is in the safe in the basement. I have EDC pistols close at hand (but still secured) until I get another smaller safe that is long-gun capable to put in the bedroom.

Dr. Bullseye
07-10-18, 12:19
Generally this sort has the life expectancy of an ant, are higher than a kite, armed, and just plain don't give a ****.

They might exit stage right when confronted or go all Charge of the Light Brigade on your ass.

I heard Clint Smith (Thunder Ranch) say on video he would confront an intruder with his AR and then tell him to get out. He seemed to be saying this is the best solution because of all the paperwork involved in shooting an intruder.

Doc Safari
07-10-18, 12:54
I heard Clint Smith (Thunder Ranch) say on video he would confront an intruder with his AR and then tell him to get out. He seemed to be saying this is the best solution because of all the paperwork involved in shooting an intruder.

A strong argument for living in the middle of nowhere. If you get my drift.

Moose-Knuckle
07-10-18, 13:51

Of course he said that, he has to. He carries a lot of liability training people everyday to defend themselves. He can be called to testify in a case where anyone might site him as the guy who trained them to clear their house and how to deal with a home burglary.

When I was on the job I always "played to the tape". What that means is when I had a combative subject and I had to use defensive tactics I would give an audible command to "stop resisting" so that it would be on the audio/video for the investigation afterwards. All the while doing what I needed to do to ensure my safety and others.

If for some reason I happen upon an intruder(s) in my house in the dead of night then that means said intruder(s) have defeated MULTIPLE layers of security and are in an occupied habitation with intent to commit a felony.

AKDoug
07-10-18, 13:52

I live in the middle of nowhere.. If your drift is... S.S.S... then good luck with that. A great many people have lost everything when they figured they could get away with that and were wrong.

redpillregret
07-10-18, 14:59
I live in the middle of nowhere.. If your drift is... S.S.S... then good luck with that. A great many people have lost everything when they figured they could get away with that and were wrong.

Wise words.

Mr. Goodtimes
07-10-18, 15:02

That’s literally some of the worst advice I’ve ever read. By doing that you take what may have been a completely justifiable shooting and turn it into a definite felony.

Doc Safari
07-10-18, 15:16
That’s literally some of the worst advice I’ve ever read. By doing that you take what may have been a completely justifiable shooting and turn it into a definite felony.

YMMV. I am constantly aware of the fact that I live near the border and if I have to off somebody who might be a cartel drug mule or something I might not want them to know I took out one of their people so they don't exact revenge on me. Not saying it would happen but the cops or border patrol ain't gonna be there months after the fact when the guy's associates come a-calling. Every situation is different, I realize, but in an instance where there might be retribution some rules don't apply. I have heard stories locally of illegals targeting certain residences if that homeowner called the authorities on them. One guy I know positively has a house that's a burglary magnet and he's near the breaking point. The poor guy is about to sell his ranch (be run off his own property) because he just about can't leave the place without someone breaking in.

Not sure what I'd do in the actual situation, but it is in the back of my mind. I agree with you that doing the "S.S.S." to a normal perp isn't wise, but there are situations where I'm more afraid of the guy's associates than I am the cops.

Unfortunately, you might turn out to be right, but we live in an imperfect world .

marufamin
07-10-18, 15:35
Yeah, about learning... Yes, I want to learn as much as I can in this forum. And my idea was from a youtube video. I guess this isn't embarrassing. :p

Iraqgunz
07-10-18, 16:03
Congrats for turning this into a shit show.