PDA

View Full Version : Revolver shooting tips from Jerry Miculek

Robb Jensen
10-26-08, 14:55
http://myoutdoortv.com/pdk/web/smith.html?feedPID=00zG15zm84msK0GbWemanhJ0KNWQYqM4

Jerry is by far the best DA revolver shooter (round gun ;) ) in the world. He's great American and truly and an asset to the shooting sports.

f.2
10-26-08, 15:49
I've seen that video and use his J frame grip. It's basically the same grip that Jack Weaver uses - support hand thumb over strong hand (from a gun rag article with pictures I read a month or two back).

ToddG
10-26-08, 16:25
Jerry is a fantastic guy and an outstanding shooter regardless of the type of firearm. He has more 3-Gun titles to his name than most people could count. Even if you take away all the record-setting wheelgun stuff, he's still one of the top shooters in the world.

I was very lucky to spend some time with Jerry at the IDPA Nationals back in '04. I was shooting a SIG P229R DAK and we discussed how long trigger pulls and reset affect shooting, etc. It was in large part because of him that I opted for the heavier trigger pull and more forceful reset that I use on my M&Ps. (note: to the best of my knowledge, Jerry does not set his M&Ps up the same way, though ... so please don't think it's some kind of endorsement on his part)

czydj
10-26-08, 18:21
Thanks for the link, Robb...

CarlosDJackal
11-04-08, 22:08
I've heard rumors that Mr. Miculek was in fact, an Alien sent to humiliate pistol shooters. :D