PDA

View Full Version : Lethal Force Institute Mas Ayoob was in Phx

threefeathers
10-26-08, 20:51
I'm an experienced shooter but I learned more about the law and of shooting hand guns than I ever thought I could. When he said we would go 9-12 hours a day he meant it. Our class had many people with .gov e-mail address, plus LEO's Attorney's, 3 Medical folks, 3 teachers (all SPED teachers).
Handguns were at least 40% 1911, then Glocks, HK's (pilot, teacher, and attorney) XD's (several 1911 folks also had XD's) and at least one Steyr.
Here is a pic of Mas demonstrating the low kneeling position.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/threefeathers/PA070114.jpg

bsf
10-27-08, 21:28
I would like to retake the JuoLF portion. It has been many years since I took it. It made a lasting impression. I think I left that class w/ my head screwed on a little straighter.

threefeathers
10-31-08, 20:59
Didn't we all. I was shocked at how little things made such a different in my shooting. Example, I have been shooting my P2K for 4 months and although I got the group relatively small they were always to the left. Mas watched me once, said, "Drop your left elbow!" My groups moved to the center of the target. That quick, that fast a result.

30 cal slut
11-14-08, 07:54
Mas' LFI-1 or Judicious Use of Deadly force is a must-attend for any law-abiding civilian who CCW's or owns a firearm for home defense (and wants to stay out of jail and avoid lawsuits).

Pretty funny guy, too. Did he have any new "glock in the microwave" jokes?

CarlosDJackal
11-19-08, 16:32
I would like to retake the JuoLF portion. It has been many years since I took it. It made a lasting impression. I think I left that class w/ my head screwed on a little straighter.

Ditto!! I took that class just after 9/11/01 (it was actually delayed by a month because of the shutdown of air travel).

IMHO, anyone who carries a gun for self-defense or on (domestic) duty should seriously consider attending that class.

threefeathers
11-21-08, 21:00
I have my notes, do any of you guys who attended want to exchange?

Chooie
11-21-08, 23:05
I've got the JUoDF DVD, and because of it LFI-1 is at the top of my training list.

threefeathers
11-23-08, 10:53
It should be, hope to see you there.

30 cal slut
12-05-08, 07:00
I have my notes, do any of you guys who attended want to exchange?

My LFI-1 notes are OLD. I suspect Mas' approach might have evolved over a few years.

threefeathers
12-05-08, 20:50
30 Cal slut. I'll send you mine and you can compare.

CLHC
12-06-08, 18:35
Masaad Ayoob is going to be teaching LFI-I/LFI-II/LFI-III starting in June 2009 at < FAS (http://www.firearmsacademy.com/lfi-one.htm) > here in the Seattle area! I'm hoping/wishing to attend. . .