PDA

View Full Version : Larue MBT down to 87.00

seb5
07-15-18, 19:31
I thought some may find this useful. For several years I've settled on Giesselle SSA's and SSA-E's depending on the weapon purpose. Last year I bought a Larue MBT on a whim and found it to be as easy to use as my preferred triggers. I still like building so end up building for friends, selling on occasion and building another, with the exception of a pair of carbines and an SBR that I've had for years and use regularly.

Anyhow, the MBT seems to me to hit somewhere between an SSA and SSA-E with the standard spring and a bit heavier than an SSA with the heavier spring that they include. I do prefer the narrower trigger shoe on the Gieselle's that I use but as the Giesselle's keep on going up while price and the MBT's are at 87.00. Currently it's a value I couldn't ignore so ordered two more.

I recently completed their upper with the included lower and found it shoots as good or better then a Noveske I own, and slightly worse than a Krieger barreled precision AR. I wonder what's going on with them for the prices they are offering their products for currently. I'd much rather spend a thousand for one of their high end rifles than 500 for a PSA or something similar that will probably work, but might not.

So, for $87.00 it's almost in the league of the BCM or ALG but far superior to either offering.

10MMGary
07-15-18, 19:47
These will easily be the best sub $100.00 FCG out there. I stocked up on Geissele SSA's & SSA-E's(2 of each)during a well known vendors sale for $168.00 each postage included.

opngrnd
07-15-18, 20:03
Are they looking to take more of the market? If they are pretty good, I can see people buying two or three of them over time.

Jwknutson17
07-15-18, 20:34
I am a die hard Geissele fan with every gun getting a SDC or SDE. I was talked into one of the Larues and I still have it on the gun. That says a lot if you know me... So for that price you are really going to sell a TON of those triggers. I like the width of the trigger and it feels good. I would say not as good as the SSA-E or SD-E, but compaiable to the SSA for sure.

CPM
07-15-18, 21:38
Do they use standard springs? Standard hammer weights? I’m not even sure if that terminology is correct, but I want to make sure they aren’t achieving that lighter trigger weight by risking light strikes/ignition.

ccosby
07-15-18, 21:55
They put them on sale for 100 bucks semi often with the I can wait option. The 87 is a good reference but also a great price for the trigger.

Are they are good as some of the nicer Giesselle triggers? No maybe not. For the value though I don't think it can be beat. I have both giesselle and timney triggers and have been buying the larue ones instead for anything new. I just don't think the giesselle warrants the higher price. It wouldn't make me more accurate, at least not with what I'm shooting and really I just want a good feeling trigger. The larue fills that.

AndyLate
07-15-18, 22:30
Do they use standard springs? Standard hammer weights? I’m not even sure if that terminology is correct, but I want to make sure they aren’t achieving that lighter trigger weight by risking light strikes/ignition.

They are 2 stage triggers and have a light trigger pull through geometry, not by using lighter springs.

They have a softer reset than say an SSA/G2S, and include a heavier trigger spring which makes the reset stronger but increases the trigger pull.

I have a MBT and a G2S and do not have a preference as far as trigger pull. The MBT is a bargain at that price.

I had to wait for mine and paid around $10 more.

Andy

PrarieDog
07-17-18, 00:42
I'll be ordering a few more. Great trigger for a defensive rifle. Great price.

Caeser25
07-17-18, 14:46
Great value for the price and I like the trigger shoe better than the Geiselle.

Biggy
07-17-18, 16:28
I ordered one for a friend. All major components are precision-machined from S7 Tool Steel. IMHO, an excellent trigger for the price. From order date to delivery took 11days.

Stickman
07-17-18, 17:49
I'm always curious in who is getting paid. An easy way to tell is when someone suddenly starts posting personal information, but that is often kept to a different board. Still, it doesn't change the same game gets played over here, just not as often.

Ironman8
07-17-18, 19:49
I'm always curious in who is getting paid. An easy way to tell is when someone suddenly starts posting personal information, but that is often kept to a different board. Still, it doesn't change the same game gets played over here, just not as often.

Care to elaborate on who is getting paid what for doing what now? Everyone with something good to say about a Larue product? They must have a huge payroll...

26 Inf
07-17-18, 20:43
Apparently Mark LaRue can be pretty abrasive, there is a lot of butt hurt on other forums over that aspect.

I don't care, I'm not dating the guy, I'm buying triggers and uppers. I have two more MBT's in-bound.

I use Geissele gas blocks and ALG rails on most fo my stuff, and I like my Geissele SD-E just fine, but I paid twice as much for it on sale as I did the MBT and, to tell the truth, I cant tell much difference, even with the flat bow of the SD-E.

At some point, those of us who have to pay advertised price for our stuff evaluate price versus function on repeat purchases.

JMO

docsherm
07-17-18, 21:10

Really? You have got to be kidding, right?

jpmuscle
07-17-18, 21:10
Mark is a solid fvxking dude and for year now has gone well above and beyond for both Mil and LEO populations alike.

The industry is all the better for having him

ETA

I have a trigger on order as well and I’m looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyLate
07-17-18, 21:22
Retracted

Andy

Vegas
07-18-18, 00:55
I need a trigger I am not in a rush for. I have a couple of G2S's and an SSA. I'd curious to see what all the fuss is about with these Larue's.

arptsprt
07-18-18, 05:45
I ordered one about 10 minutes after the email blast hit my inbox. This will be my second. I love the one I have had. I also have several SSA and think this compares nicely, especially at this price.

I train and shoot regularly so my opinion is based on my own experiences. I think it’s a very good trigger.

I was pleasantly surprised how quick it was shipped. It’s supposed to arrive today. I was expecting several weeks.

dhnut1973
08-04-18, 07:05

Well I’m not being paid by anyone, but I can say I am very pleased with my MBT. It was a great deal when I paid $99 and it’s a fantastic deal at $87.

dramabeats
08-04-18, 11:12

Implying that there are shills on a forum trying to pimp a $87 trigger.. wow

26 Inf
08-04-18, 12:47
I ordered mine on July 11 and they arrived July 25th. Paid the 87.00 price.

seb5
08-04-18, 17:57

At this stage of my life I pretty much buy what I want but as that price it's crazy not to buy another. There's always a friend or co worker wanting a trigger upgrade. FWIW I've never met, spoken with, or even communicated with the owner.........if that reference about being paid was in reference to me.

hotrodder636
08-04-18, 21:17
Seems like a pretty decent trigger...especially at a price point of $87. Looks like i will be picking a couple up.

kenny256
08-04-18, 22:00
I would be interested in trying one.

I have an SDE, G2S, Sonics and ALG. All great triggers in there own right.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

hk_shootr
08-05-18, 06:39
I would be interested in trying one.

I have an SDE, G2S, Sonics and ALG. All great triggers in there own right.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Good trigger for the money...well worth trying

SiGfever
08-05-18, 10:46
I have one in my BCM 14.5 and it is a great trigger. I paid more for mine and it was a good deal then, now it is a steal. Why would anyone consider a standard Mil spec trigger when you can have the MBT2S for $87?

RHINOWSO
08-05-18, 11:20
I have one in my BCM 14.5 and it is a great trigger. I paid more for mine and it was a good deal then, now it is a steal. Why would anyone consider a standard Mil spec trigger when you can have the MBT2S for $87?

Yeah that price puts a hurting on the PNT and other nickel tuned triggers like ALG, etc.

But back when it was $200, or $150, this wasn't the case.

08-05-18, 12:08
Holy Crap!, paid $99 + s/h almost 4 months ago and love that trigger in my AR 15. Now I have an AR 15 pistol and AR 10 that need one. Just ordered another now gotta decide which one gets it! Seriously guys this trigger is worth so much more than $87.00.

Kansaswoodguy
08-05-18, 21:59
I've got two High speed national match triggers that are better than the Larue but at a much higher price point the Rockriver varmint is about the same as the Larue and the Ruger 452 slightly worse. At $87 I'm going to buy two more of Larue's they are a steal at that price.

longshot2000
08-09-18, 13:41

Hmm. Always learn from your comments, @stickman. Respect your thoughts and comments. Agree with many. Not sure where this one came from. Over my head.

I do get paid from selling triggers, and carry both LaRue and Geissele. My firm has a good relationship with both, certainly much more closer partner with Geissele. That said, I like triggers from both firms. I find the LaRue very similar to the SSA-E. I am not sure I could tell the difference in a blind test. I say these kind comments, as we bought dozens of MBT-2 triggers at a slightly higher price than Mark is now selling, so I will say something complimentary to him and his firm, all the while, I stand to lose money on every LaRue trigger I sell or keep in inventory. WTF, Mark, $87 ??

Mark says he has gotten the process down, so the cost goes down. Probably part of the story. Maybe the other part is he ramped-up dedicated capacity that is not selling as well as projected. Either way, he gets the ebbs and flows of his business and he is adjusting.

EzGoingKev
08-11-18, 11:09
I dry fired my second one at the range last weekend. This one had some time on it so it was broken in. It had the heavier of the two springs.

It felt good. I told the owner of the rifle to me it feels a little better than an SSA but not as good as an SSA-E. He advised he has a rifle with an SSA and another with an SSA-E and agrees with my assessment.

grizzman
08-11-18, 11:56
I'm seriously considering getting another one....or two.