PDA

View Full Version : LPVO Recomendations

collegetactical
07-15-18, 23:20
Howdy! I just got finished putting together my 13.7" build and I'm looking at putting an LPVO on her! I'll be using it for classes, shooting for groups out to 200, and taking aim at steel out to 600. My main concerns are durability, reticle size/brightness/adjustment, and weight. Really going for a duty optic that can be used for precision (the fat reticle of the nx8 is a perfect example of what i dont want).

In the interest of eating something other than ramen this semester, I'm trying to keep it less than $600-700. I've been considering:

Steiner P4Xi (don't like the 0.5moa clicks, the reticle is on the bigger side at 0.75moa, but perfectly usable)
Trijicon Accupower 1-4 (worried about the illumination, love everything else about it)
Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 (Heavier than my crushing student debt)
Primary Arms ACSS and Raptor (a lot of nice features, but not exactly proven)

drtywk
07-15-18, 23:32
I am completely happy with my P4Xi. It sits on a 14.5" rifle and it does everything I need out to do and then some. Plus you can usually find them on sale with a Midwest Industries QD mount for under $600. This is a steal in my opinion: https://dsgarms.com/kt-miqd30-stn5202.

I just traded my Accupower 1-4x. It is a solid scope, a little heavy and the reticle has some illumination issues during bright days, regardless of whether is it green or red.

I also have a Viper PST Gen II. It sits on a 16" gun and it is another solid option. Daylight bright, rugged as all get out and has the Vortex warranty, but the Steiner is such a great value that it is hard to overlook, especially if you can get it with the mount.

I have no experience with the PA and Raptor scopes.

titsonritz
07-15-18, 23:37
There are multiple threads on this subject in the correct forum.

https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?13-Optics-amp-Mounts

jesuvuah
07-15-18, 23:38
I have played with all of those a litle. Out of your list, I would go either Steiner or pst gen2. I think Steiner had slightly better glass, but you get an extra 2x with the vortex.
The accupower is nice, but I think the Steiner is marginally better.
Primary arms, while they are good value, are not in the same league (unless one looks at the platinum line).

If you want to spend primary arms type budget, another contender is the swfa 1-4. I think the quality is better then primary arms. I would put the swfa in the same category as the gen 1 pst having owned both.
Howdy! I just got finished putting together my 13.7" build and I'm looking at putting an LPVO on her! I'll be using it for classes, shooting for groups out to 200, and taking aim at steel out to 600. My main concerns are durability, reticle size/brightness/adjustment, and weight. Really going for a duty optic that can be used for precision (the fat reticle of the nx8 is a perfect example of what i dont want).

In the interest of eating something other than ramen this semester, I'm trying to keep it less than $600-700. I've been considering:

Steiner P4Xi (don't like the 0.5moa clicks, the reticle is on the bigger side at 0.75moa, but perfectly usable)
Trijicon Accupower 1-4 (worried about the illumination, love everything else about it)
Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 (Heavier than my crushing student debt)
Primary Arms ACSS and Raptor (a lot of nice features, but not exactly proven)

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

wetidlerjr
07-16-18, 05:13
There are multiple threads on this subject in the correct forum.

I agree. :agree:

07-16-18, 16:54
I have the vcog in green segmented circle 55gr and I like it a lot. Great eye relief,super clear glass, built in mount, and it's super durable. I've used it in 3gun and the reticle is good but I will say it's not ultra bright. If it's cloudless and like noonish it will be a dark green. I've hit out to 400 yds with it. My buddies run the razor and they're good glass but I think the dot is too small and they're heavy if you don't get a lighter mount. My buddy has a mk6 and I'm not crazy on the cmr reticle nor am I crazy about the eye box the illuminated will flicker while you move with the gun and if you don't have a perfect cheek weld it flickers. On the higher settings the illumination bleeds. The .2 mil adjustments are not as fine as I would like.

collegetactical
07-16-18, 17:35
My bad! new to forums in general

Mr. Goodtimes
07-16-18, 18:26
In your price range I would be considering the Steiner and the Accupoint. For not much more too you can pick up a good used Vortex Razor 1-6 and probably in a Mount too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpom
07-16-18, 20:21
Another option is the Burris RT-6. Pretty happy with mine- light, good glass and while inexpensive, significantly better than the Strike Eagle or PA equivalent.

Mark

Iraqgunz
07-18-18, 03:02