PDA

View Full Version : Armalite lowers?

ra2bach
10-27-08, 00:57
Complete Armalite Lowers minus Buttstock for $200.

Deal or No Deal?

ra2bach
10-27-08, 10:06
OK, the description of "buttstock" was taken from the advert and I realize it sounds weird.

What this lower actually includes is the installed Armalite lower receiver parts kit and the buffer retainer, buffer retainer spring, detent and detent spring but no receiver extension, buffer, spring, or stock.

this directly from Armalite. for $200.

how good are these LPK?

markm
10-27-08, 10:14
Not too bad.

$140 for the lower/$60 for the LPK. Fair price, but nothing to go crazy over.

ra2bach
10-27-08, 11:48
Not too bad.

$140 for the lower/$60 for the LPK. Fair price, but nothing to go crazy over.

Armalite has their stripped lowers for $159. is there something special about these? forged?

that would make it only $40 for the LPK installed. something awful about these?

how are their triggers? website has LPK with standard trigger for $70 and 2-stage Tactical trigger for $120.

again, thanks for the reply...

markm
10-27-08, 11:54
I don't know!

The last Eagle/Armalite stripped lowers I bought were $140. That's the average price for a quality lower. I was only basing my breakdown on fair market prices for components.

(and of course the lowers would be forged.)

sproing
10-27-08, 12:27
If you're looking to save your pennies you could save $40 or more by buying another brand of lower that can be had for $100-110 (Stag, Doublestar, etc.), an Armalite LPK and a basic 6-pos collapsible stock. The only difference is you'll have to install the LPK yourself but that's not a big deal.

ra2bach
10-27-08, 12:52
I don't know!

The last Eagle/Armalite stripped lowers I bought were $140. That's the average price for a quality lower. I was only basing my breakdown on fair market prices for components.

(and of course the lowers would be forged.)

thanks demi. or is that Mr. god?...

:D

ra2bach
10-27-08, 12:57
If you're looking to save your pennies you could save $40 or more by buying another brand of lower that can be had for $100-110 (Stag, Doublestar, etc.), an Armalite LPK and a basic 6-pos collapsible stock. The only difference is you'll have to install the LPK yourself but that's not a big deal.

yup, could be...

I'm just interested in the Armalite lower because I have an extra Armalite upper that I got during their Thanksgiving sale last year.

was hoping to get one of Grants LMT lower package but didn't move fast enough. :(

markm
10-27-08, 13:14
thanks demi. or is that Mr. god?...

:D

Just "markm". (see my sigline)

Demi was our network admin's ARFCOM username. He gave it to me during one of my ARF BANNINGS. So I just used it as my M4 username since markm was already taken.

I hope people don't read my username think I'm as self absorbed as Pat Rogers or something. :p

GONIF
10-27-08, 15:02
THERE IS NO FORGED LOWER WORTH MORE THAN $100.00. however there are many that will pay more for a name brand such as Armalite . from a functional standpoint any in spec forged lower is as good as another . and if you want the Pony on your lower than you can double that price . IMHO get a $100.00 lower and spend your money where it will do you some good .:D

markm
10-27-08, 15:31
THERE IS NO FORGED LOWER WORTH MORE THAN $100.00. however there are many that will pay more for a name brand such as Armalite . from a functional standpoint any in spec forged lower is as good as another . and if you want the Pony on your lower than you can double that price . IMHO get a $100.00 lower and spend your money where it will do you some good .:D

I completely AGREE! That said there are some lowers out there with out of spec machine work from time to time.... Eagle/Armalite even had a batch of issues.

BUT... as much as I am a no nonsense, no BS, NO KNS PIN shooter.... I will pay a little more to get a lower that doesn't have a retarded/cheesy logo. I prefer NO cartoon characters, crappy pictures or anything. A subdued no nonsense logo like Eagle, LMT, or whatever is a factor for me.

ra2bach
10-27-08, 15:31

Exactly. that's $100 for the lower and $100 for LPK installed.

but based on what I have found available, I'd maybe up that to $110-$120.

now, I've heard somewhat good things about the Armalite LPK. so, is it worth the $80-$90 installed that makes this math work?

unless I'm missing something here, I realize I'm within a few short dollars of a deal for a quality lower with a pretty good LPK. I already stated I have an Armalite upper so I think, for what it's worth, I'll probably just go ahead and get the lower.

(I don't like goofy animals on my gear either...)

GONIF
10-27-08, 16:10
When you can buy a top quality lower (Aero Precision,Esensal,Spikes,and many more for about $100.00 or lower and a top quality LPK for $65.00 (CMT,RRA) I don't see spending more unless you are getting a match or upgraded trigger . still and all you can buy a top quality lower for $70.00 to $100.00. and a in spec forged lower is a in spec forged lower no matter what roll mark it has and how much you pay . you want to pay more for a pretty roll mark (and we all have at one time or another) it's your money spend it how you like ,just don't think you getting something better for your dollar . :D

markm
10-27-08, 16:22
I'm willing to pay more money for a lower with NO CUTE Roll Mark.

I could not build on a Mega lower or some such thing for example. And you could forget the Stag too. I'm not a look at me syndrome sufferer, nor do I color my engravings in with crayons and stair at my lower while watching Jack Bauer on the TV..... but my guns just CAN NOT BE GAY!

ra2bach
10-27-08, 16:39
When you can buy a top quality lower (Aero Precision,Esensal,Spikes,and many more for about $100.00 or lower and a top quality LPK for $65.00 (CMT,RRA) I don't see spending more unless you are getting a match or upgraded trigger . still and all you can buy a top quality lower for $70.00 to $100.00. and a in spec forged lower is a in spec forged lower no matter what roll mark it has and how much you pay . you want to pay more for a pretty roll mark (and we all have at one time or another) it's your money spend it how you like ,just don't think you getting something better for your dollar . :D

OK, I'll bite. where can you get a in spec forged top quality lower for $70.00 to $100.00?

GONIF
10-27-08, 18:02
AIM for one .:D

ra2bach
10-28-08, 08:16
AIM for one .:D

AIM? they start at $80 and those ones are not available. but I see where you're going with it.

thanks for the help...

sproing
10-28-08, 19:16
I have had good experience with ddsranch.com, they have a few that are either $100 or 110.

GONIF
10-28-08, 19:31
that Aero Precision lower is GTG at $100.00.

SoDak
10-28-08, 20:58

I could not build on a Mega lower or some such thing for example. And you could forget the Stag too. I'm not a look at me syndrome sufferer, nor do I color my engravings in with crayons and stair at my lower while watching Jack Bauer on the TV..... but my guns just CAN NOT BE GAY!

Dang it, I wanted to be the first one to make a crayon joke in this thread. I guess I've never really cared about the roll marks. Just so long as the lower does what it is supposed to do, I'm happy. Of course, if I had the money I wouldn't mind making my own ar-15 lower zoo(a snake, various sorts of felines, a spider, a deer, etc.).

Stickman
10-29-08, 09:12

In the big scheme of things, a few dollars one way or another isn't going to make much of a difference to me, I'll go with what I like. For the people who are looking to buy a stack of lowers in preparation for any upcoming AWBs, I can understand their wanting a lower price, but availability may be a larger issue. Most lowers are being sold out within a short time period once they hit the dealer shelves.

markm
10-29-08, 09:21
I'm reluctant to buy ANY lower right now. They're cranking them at a rate that gives me concerns about the quality/accuracy of the machining.