PDA

View Full Version : U.S. officials Charge NRA-linked Russian with acting as Kremlin agent

sundance435
07-17-18, 13:26
Yes, this article is from Politico, which definitely has a leftish bent, but the facts are being reported elsewhere, too. Regardless of the depth of any links, the left will try to paint the Russians and the NRA into the same room. Honestly, I've been thinking for months that it was inevitable that the left tries to tie the NRA to the Russians. That being said, I can see the NRA's leadership being this boneheaded, to get into bed with Russkies for a boatload of cash in a crucial election, especially considering that in 2015-2016 there wasn't the current stigma associated with Russian involvement in anything political. This has the potential to be very damaging to 2A causes.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/16/russian-agent-conspiracy-guns-724470

Thoughts?

Doc Safari
07-17-18, 13:33
Oh Noes! All these crazy gun owners and their 'Salt Weapons are Russian agents!

побеждать! вперед на запад! победа для родины !

RetroRevolver77
07-17-18, 13:46
"Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon, the top Democrat on the Senate Finance Committee, has been especially forceful, saying he wants to know whether the NRA was funneling money from the Kremlin through the NRA to help Trump, and why it spent at least three times more money on Trump’s campaign than it did on Republican nominee Mitt Romney in 2012."

So how much money did the Russians pay to have influence over Hillary?

$540,500,000.00

Doc Safari
07-17-18, 13:50
"Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon, the top Democrat on the Senate Finance Committee, has been especially forceful, saying he wants to know whether the NRA was funneling money from the Kremlin through the NRA to help Trump, and why it spent at least three times more money on Trump’s campaign than it did on Republican nominee Mitt Romney in 2012."

$540,500,000.00

$400M in direct campaign contributions, $140M for uranium purchases, and $500K for Clinton speaking fees.

Why isn't this being investigated?

Totally agree. My other post was being a smart-ass.....because....these idiots are in the process of drastically overplaying their hand.

Before it's over, the Russians will be responsible for everything from plastic straws to the assassination of MLK.

RetroRevolver77
07-17-18, 14:00
I want to know why Mueller hasn't recused himself for his supposed involvement in Uranium One and being in charge of the intelligence agency that funneled Russian donations to the Clinton campaign.

MegademiC
07-17-18, 14:00

$540,500,000.00

This is my thought as well. If true, this person should be charged, but feds shouldnt inly look at one side.

RetroRevolver77
07-17-18, 14:11
I think I'm going to wear a MAGA hat with an NRA t-shirt out in public.

LOL

Moose-Knuckle
07-17-18, 14:17
So NRA members went from being terrorists to CCCP operatives over night.

Cool.

I still wonder when an NRA membership will get you on a no-fly list.

Doc Safari
07-17-18, 14:24
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-17/detente-bad-cold-war-good

The Russophobic witch hunt has its first real life victim in 29 year old Maria Butina, whose life is to be destroyed for chatting up members of the NRA in order to increase Russian influence. With over 20 years of diplomatic experience, I can tell you that every country, including the UK and US, has bit part players of its own nationals who self-start in a country to make their way, and if they gain any traction are tapped by their national security service as potential “agents of influence”. I could name quite literally scores of such people, but have no desire to get anyone in trouble.

The elevation of Butina into a huge threat and part of a gigantic plot, is to ignore the way the United States and the United Kingdom and indeed all major governments’ Embassies behave around the globe.

The war-hawks who were devastated by the loss of champion killer Hillary now see the prospect of their very worst fear coming true. Their very worst fear is the outbreak of peace and international treaties of arms control. Hence the media and political establishment today has reached peaks of hysteria never before seen. Pursuing peace is “treason” and the faux left now stand starkly exposed.

It would be more rational for it to be treason for leaders to blindly accept the word of the intelligence services.

This is especially true on “Russia hacking the election” when, after three years of crazed accusations and millions of man hours by lawyers and CIA and FBI investigators, they are yet to produce any substantive evidence of accusations which are plainly nuts in the first place. This ridiculous circus has found a few facebook ads and indicted one Russian for every 100,000 man hours worked, for unspecified or minor actions which had no possible bearing on the election result.

My take: it's dangerous to be in a position where you can be a convenient patsy for the left's narrative. Remember the anti-Muslim video that supposedly led to the Benghazi attack?

Outlander Systems
07-17-18, 15:46
Goddamned Russians tricked me into supporting the 2A!

SteyrAUG
07-17-18, 16:03
So I guess this video just is meaningless anymore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFR8DbSRQE

On Monday while President Obama was taking part in a global nuclear security summit in South Korea, he was caught on tape asking for Russian President Dmitry Medvedev for "space." "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility," Obama implored. Obama assured the departing Russian President he will have the "flexibility" required to deal with missile defense issues after the 2012 presidential election.

I'm sure Russia did nothing to help Obama keep that promise.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-17-18, 16:34
The MSM has been hounding about the NRA-KGB link for months to no avail. The NRA has plenty of cash to support their level of spending. Who thinks that the NRA would take dirty Russian money? That is the left wind fantasy mode that can't decipher myth from reality because of their predisposed thinking. OK, maybe we would take a check from Kalashnikov himself.

Finally some Russian that we have our hands on and we can see how the discovery and trial go....

WillBrink
07-17-18, 16:44
From everything I'm hearing and reading, this is the mother of nothing burgers. Some pro gun Rights people on Russia made contact with the NRA, and expressed they hoped Trump won due to his more positive views on 2A, and attempted to develop a relationship and thinking the NRA would have more sway with the GOP. Charged with not registering as representing the Russian government apparently. My give a chit meter was not moved.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-17-18, 19:56
From everything I'm hearing and reading, this is the mother of nothing burgers. Some pro gun Rights people on Russia made contact with the NRA, and expressed they hoped Trump won due to his more positive views on 2A, and attempted to develop a relationship and thinking the NRA would have more sway with the GOP. Charged with not registering as representing the Russian government apparently. My give a chit meter was not moved.

It seems that not registering as representing a foreign country in DC is like speeding, or not paying taxes on all your internet purchases.

HardToHandle
07-17-18, 20:47
It seems that not registering as representing a foreign country in DC is like speeding, or not paying taxes on all your internet purchases.

Ummm... not so certain about that.

Manafort and potentially some of his people are going to go to jail for potentially a lengthy period over the foreign agent activities. Manafort is well known for reckless disregard for community norms, but absolutely expect the foreign representative accusation to be a significant threat for the near term.

I am acquainted with a non-prosecution from a case about 18 months ago, but it was sufficient to ruin a long career. The accusation is mostly going to be wielded against Republicans and quasi allies like the Gulf States but I would expect a Dept. of Justice uptick in prosecutions.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-17-18, 22:35
Ummm... not so certain about that.

Manafort and potentially some of his people are going to go to jail for potentially a lengthy period over the foreign agent activities. Manafort is well known for reckless disregard for community norms, but absolutely expect the foreign representative accusation to be a significant threat for the near term.

I am acquainted with a non-prosecution from a case about 18 months ago, but it was sufficient to ruin a long career. The accusation is mostly going to be wielded against Republicans and quasi allies like the Gulf States but I would expect a Dept. of Justice uptick in prosecutions.

Yes, Manafort made people ‘hit their brakes’ when they see someone pulled over...

. And those lobbying and PR shops, mindful of renewed efforts to enforce a law that had all but lost its teeth, have started scrambling to ensure they’re complying with it.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/after-manaforts-indictment-firms-are-suddenly-registering-their-foreign-lobbying