PDA

View Full Version : Equalizer II.

Averageman
07-20-18, 16:05
If you're looking for entertainment, it's worth the price of a matinee ticket.
Good guns, good fights, lots of edged weapons stuff.
Reality however, isn't supported by any means.
Kind of an odd tempo to the movie.

TomMcC
07-20-18, 16:30
I missed the first one, was it any good? Thinking about watching 1 first.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-20-18, 16:46
(ETA: The first movie) It is a tale, not even a story. Think of John Wick type of feel good violence.

Miss the old TV series and the even then old school Brit guy laying down the smacks. Still want a 4 door jag like he had.

All I want to know is, where is "Air Wolf"? He could have drones with him for his 'pack'. Bellisario, where are you?

donlapalma
07-20-18, 23:39
I've seen the first one and will pay to see the second one. I'm a fan of Denzel and will always be inclined to see his work. I fully expect it to be light in the plot & story department and heavy in the gratuitous & frivolous violence.

MountainRaven
07-21-18, 01:01
I missed the first one, was it any good? Thinking about watching 1 first.

It was OK. Not very memorable. Came out about the same time as John Wick and while they're both fairly... light on story, I think John Wick was the better of the two movies. I've actually rewatched John Wick a number of times. And apart from the fact that I don't remember much about what happened in The Equalizer, I haven't ever had much desire to rewatch it (I think I almost immediately forgot about what had happened in the movie as soon as it ended).

Moose-Knuckle
07-21-18, 02:00
Liked Denzel's reboot but I'll wait for the rental on the sequel.

Tx_Aggie
07-24-18, 08:20
I watched it over the weekend with a buddy. While I remember enjoying the first movie, this one was thoroughly disappointing (an opinion shared by my friend).

The_War_Wagon
07-24-18, 12:48
Peter Woodward (Gen. O' Hara in "The Patriot" - Lord Cornwallis's right-hand man, & Edward Woodward's son) has the right accent & bearing for a reboot of the TV show. Otherwise... :no:

soulezoo
07-24-18, 22:32
I watched it a few days ago. It was better than watching Mama Mia II.
It was not terribly believable, but not the point anyway. Decent flick for DVD