PDA

View Full Version : President Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star was smashed to pieces

VARIABLE9
07-25-18, 12:47
Via CNN

President Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star was smashed to pieces

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/25/politics/trump-walk-of-fame-star-smash/index.html

Los Angeles (CNN)President Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was destroyed by a man with a pickax early Wednesday, according to Los Angeles police Officer Ray Brown.

Hollywood division officers responded to a call at 3:33 a.m. (6:33 a.m. ET) to the tourist area....

markm
07-25-18, 13:19
American Taliban.

MegademiC
07-25-18, 13:28
There was a vid of some celebrity pissing on it a few weeks ago.

SteyrAUG
07-25-18, 13:37
Just shows people stress tolerance unless they happen to disagree then it's all about vandalism and property damage which ironically enough harms not Trump, but the group that manages all of the honorees on the walk of fame.

But since this was about his reality TV show work, who cares.

Honu
07-25-18, 14:17
be fun if someone went and smashed all of the lefty ones that have spoke out

then watch the media come to their rescue saying how bad this is and violent this is

but sure they will be having cake over trumps being smashed

TomMcC
07-25-18, 15:49
Well at least the maroon didn't take a shot at the Prez.

Moose-Knuckle
07-25-18, 16:30
There was a vid of some celebrity pissing on it a few weeks ago.

That was the has been George Lopez.

Before that some third wave feminist put her blood filled menstrual cup on it.

The left are really showing their true colors.

26 Inf
07-25-18, 17:14
I'm sorry, but what is 'star worthy' about a reality T.V. show?

Does not lessen the offense, but dayum, really, a star?

Wonder what Humphrey Bogart would think?

sgtrock82
07-25-18, 18:27
I didnt even know he had a star. Im appalled it took this long for the left to successfully bring this to my attention. They must be losing their edge. Exxxcellent.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
07-25-18, 18:31

Bogart would probably wonder how Obama got a "peace prize" for "hope."

But like the nobel prize, the Hollywood "walk of fame" stopped actually meaning something a long time ago. Same as with the oscar and a hundred other things where a bunch of people with power and fame give each other awards based upon little or no actual merit.

To add insult to injury here are a list of awardees who were honored posthumously.

Paul Robeson in 1978, Dorothy Dandridge in 1983, Philip Ahn and Eleanor Powell in 1984, Smiley Burnette and Steve McQueen in 1986, Natalie Wood in 1987, Bruce Lee in 1993, Cleavon Little and George McFarland in 1994, John Belushi in 2004, Chris Farley in 2005, Pedro Gonzalez Gonzalez in 2008, Richard Burton in 2013, and Toshiro Mifune in 2016.

So as you can see it's all meaningless.

TomMcC
07-25-18, 18:41
I think if you want a star you can just buy one for 30 grand. There's no voting by some board or by the fans. Just plunk down the cash.

SteyrAUG
07-25-18, 19:00
I think if you want a star you can just buy one for 30 grand. There's no voting by some board or by the fans. Just plunk down the cash.

Honorees have to be nominated, and anyone can submit a nomination. But if a star is approved by the chamber's selection committee, whoever did the nominating has to pony up $30,000.

So even more meaningless.

The_War_Wagon
07-25-18, 19:03
Awww... did diddums feew betteh after his widdle tantwum? I'm sure the next 90 days in the slammer - learning why it's CALLED, "The SLAMMER" :fie: - will give him LOTS of time to think about his Trump derangement syndrome... & what it gains him. :rolleyes:

Jellybean
07-25-18, 20:30
Animals gonna act like animals. What else is new.
Although frankly, I'm more pissed someone smashed Murphy's memorial.

Moose-Knuckle
07-26-18, 01:47

The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce bestows the sidewalk honors. Trump was awarded his star on the walk of fame for his work as the Executive Producer of the Miss Universe pageants.

ralph
07-26-18, 16:56
Well at least the maroon didn't take a shot at the Prez.

Not yet, but I figure that's coming..

Averageman
07-26-18, 17:14
Not yet, but I figure that's coming..
It's amazing that it hasn't happened yet.

SteyrAUG
07-26-18, 18:35
The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce bestows the sidewalk honors. Trump was awarded his star on the walk of fame for his work as the Executive Producer of the Miss Universe pageants.

At least that makes sense, thanks.

TAZ
07-26-18, 18:40
Honorees have to be nominated, and anyone can submit a nomination. But if a star is approved by the chamber's selection committee, whoever did the nominating has to pony up $30,000.

Of course its meaningless. It’s like every other self awarded Hollywood we are awesome award.

What isn’t meaningless, to me at least, is that people destroy Trump’s star cause they are upset at something, but not a soul has demolished Kevin Spacey, Bill Cosby or the other perverts with starts. That speaks volumes to me.

titsonritz
07-26-18, 20:05
I'm just surprised it has lasted this long.

SilverBullet432
07-26-18, 20:18
That was the has been George Lopez.

I can’t stand that pecker. He gives hispanics a bad name...

SteyrAUG
07-26-18, 23:51

While I'm sure you never intended to imply anything, no hispanic should feel judged by the actions of any other man. I don't worry about Bill Clinton or Charles Manson giving white people a bad name and I refuse to be held accountable for the actions of any other man. Every man regardless of skin pigment should learn to do the same.

SteyrAUG
07-26-18, 23:53
Of course its meaningless. It’s like every other self awarded Hollywood we are awesome award.

What isn’t meaningless, to me at least, is that people destroy Trump’s star cause they are upset at something, but not a soul has demolished Kevin Spacey, Bill Cosby or the other perverts with starts. That speaks volumes to me.

You are expecting logic, reason and equality from people who use those words but never actually apply them to anything. You probably shouldn't do that.

_Stormin_
07-27-18, 02:36
While I'm sure you never intended to imply anything, no hispanic should feel judged by the actions of any other man. I don't worry about Bill Clinton or Charles Manson giving white people a bad name and I refuse to be held accountable for the actions of any other man. Every man regardless of skin pigment should learn to do the same.
Damn straight... Though I will admit, the problem with Lopez (and many others) is that he chooses to make bold statements about all of his race as though he's some type of elected representative. Unfortunately his position makes him "believable" to much of the masses and like most of Hollywood, he then goes full leftist at the first opportunity.

Moose-Knuckle
07-27-18, 04:58

Brother you ain't kid'n. I have not the time nor the ****s to give but I'm sure predatory directors and producers like Harvey Weinstein and Roman Polanski (if they have stars) go unmolested (pun intended).

I'm just surprised it has lasted this long.

It happened in 2016 as well. . .

Donald’s Trump Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame Is Smashed
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/27/us/politics/trump-star-on-hollywood-walk-of-fame-is-smashed.html

I always liked his stand-up routines, but now . . .

I never really have heard anything about his politics until his network canceled his show. He claimed racism but his show did not have the ratings the network desires now this latest stunt.

SteyrAUG
07-27-18, 13:12
Damn straight... Though I will admit, the problem with Lopez (and many others) is that he chooses to make bold statements about all of his race as though he's some type of elected representative. Unfortunately his position makes him "believable" to much of the masses and like most of Hollywood, he then goes full leftist at the first opportunity.

Lot's of people identify by race or nationality and allow themselves to become beholden to those group representatives, and as a consequence will never be truly free men. Of course this is the basic problem with racism and self identity based upon race / nationality.

Renegade
07-27-18, 13:50
Police later arrested Austin Clay, 24, on suspicion of felony vandalism

I love a happy ending.

Thousands of Trump Haters have completely phucked up there lives from CEOs to nobodies like Austin Clay, as a result of the Trump Derangement Syndrome.

TomMcC
07-27-18, 17:03

Thanks for the details. I knew 30 grand was involved but that was about it.

Moose-Knuckle
07-28-18, 04:38
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/934/41879669140_22cea3f0be_b.jpg

VARIABLE9
08-08-18, 00:43
The mayor of West Hollywood announced on Monday night that the city council voted unanimously to pass a resolution requesting that President Donald Trump's star from the Hollywood Walk of Fame be removed.

The Washington Times notes that the vote was mostly symbolic since the city council's resolution was asking for the Los Angeles City Council and the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce to remove Trump's star.

"West Hollywood City council unanimously passes resolution asking the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce to remove the Donald Trump star on Hollywood Walk of Fame," cheered John Duran, whom The Times identified as the mayor of West Hollywood.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/34132/hollywood-city-council-votes-remove-trumps-walk-ryan-saavedra

Averageman
08-08-18, 04:12
I have a difficult time understanding the hate.
Looking at the economic and jobs numbers, I just don't see why anyone would dislike more jobs and less taxes while their 401k is growing. The irony that this high tide is raising all ships and bringing a bit of prosperity to everyone seems to be lost for the most part.
I've yet to see any legislation that hurts anyone, not a single minority group in this Country. I hear a lot of outrage from guys like George Lopez, but fail to see the hurt that garnered it.
Sorry, but if this is the best they've got, it aint going to be enough to stop four more years of a Trump Presidency.

sgtrock82
08-08-18, 05:38
Those effin fruit loops should have a bake sale to pay back the $30k someone apparently put up to have it done in the first place, if they dont like it so much.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Moose-Knuckle
08-08-18, 15:52
The mayor of West Hollywood announced on Monday night that the city council voted unanimously to pass a resolution requesting that President Donald Trump's star from the Hollywood Walk of Fame be removed.

The Washington Times notes that the vote was mostly symbolic since the city council's resolution was asking for the Los Angeles City Council and the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce to remove Trump's star.

"West Hollywood City council unanimously passes resolution asking the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce to remove the Donald Trump star on Hollywood Walk of Fame," cheered John Duran, whom The Times identified as the mayor of West Hollywood.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/34132/hollywood-city-council-votes-remove-trumps-walk-ryan-saavedra

American Taliban, destroy what you find offensive and now remove it all together so long as you are on the left.

I wonder how many pedos and rapists have had their stars smashed and voted to be removed . . .

VARIABLE9
08-08-18, 23:02
American Taliban, destroy what you find offensive and now remove it all together so long as you are on the left.

I wonder how many pedos and rapists have had their stars smashed and voted to be removed . . .
I believe Spacey’s is directly adjacent Trumps, isn’t it?

titsonritz
08-08-18, 23:18
I believe Spacey’s is directly adjacent Trumps, isn’t it?

Apparently right next to it.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/34142/heres-list-people-who-still-have-stars-hollywood-joseph-curl

There was a move to remove Cosby's star back in 2015, but Hollywood Chamber of Commerce CEO Leron Gubler refused, saying, "Once a star has been added to the Walk, it is considered a part of the historic fabric of the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Because of this, we have never removed a star from the Walk."

SteyrAUG
08-08-18, 23:39
Apparently right next to it.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/34142/heres-list-people-who-still-have-stars-hollywood-joseph-curl

There was a move to remove Cosby's star back in 2015, but Hollywood Chamber of Commerce CEO Leron Gubler refused, saying, "Once a star has been added to the Walk, it is considered a part of the historic fabric of the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Because of this, we have never removed a star from the Walk."

If only that applied to historical memorials and monuments.

titsonritz
08-09-18, 02:10
If only that applied to historical memorials and monuments.

No doubt. There is some backwards thinking going on.