PDA

View Full Version : Help matching FDE (Magpul, Cavalry Arms)

kerryt1
10-27-08, 23:24
**Newb alert**

I'm assembling an A2 style rifle for my dad, who wants FDE furniture. The best option I've found thus far for making it all match is Cavalry Arms, who has two styles of 20" [barrel] handguards, grips, and an A1 style stock in FDE and coyote brown.

They say their Coyote Brown matches other FDE better than their FDE. I'm specifically interested in getting close to Magpul FDE. Does anyone have any experience or comparison of Cav Arms colors vs. Magpul?

I'd also be interested in any other traditional fixed stocks in this color, but couldn't find any.

Thanks in advance.

Dedpoet
10-28-08, 15:33
I have CavArms coyote brown handguards and Magpul FDE stock, grip, and magazines on my rifle. The picture is poorly lit and a little blurry but here you go. The Cav color is definitely a little more yellow than FDE but it's pretty close. I had also read that coyote brown was the way to go. I'm not disappointed.

http://roundpaddedcell.com/images/firearms/ar_puppy.jpg

RogerinTPA
10-28-08, 16:16
Duplicate post

RogerinTPA
10-28-08, 16:17
**Newb alert**

I'm assembling an A2 style rifle for my dad, who wants FDE furniture. The best option I've found thus far for making it all match is Cavalry Arms, who has two styles of 20" [barrel] handguards, grips, and an A1 style stock in FDE and coyote brown.

They say their Coyote Brown matches other FDE better than their FDE. I'm specifically interested in getting close to Magpul FDE. Does anyone have any experience or comparison of Cav Arms colors vs. Magpul?

I'd also be interested in any other traditional fixed stocks in this color, but couldn't find any.

Thanks in advance.

I got all Magpul FDE parts on one of my AR's and it appears to be a little darker than the pic above. Where ever you buy your furniture, get all the parts from the same vendor. You will be surprised how some mix in beige with FDE or don't know the difference. Hopefully, that shouldn't be a concern since FDE had been out for a while.

kerryt1
10-28-08, 23:47
Thanks for the affirmation. I'm going to go ahead with it; I'll try and stick a picture in this thread when it's done.

KyAKGuy
11-01-08, 03:25
Duracoat comes in about every "FDE" that is out there now...

Paint away!!

KyAKGuy