PDA

View Full Version : Taser cooking off a magazine?

platoonDaddy
08-05-18, 19:19
Don't know if real, in any event is it possible for a Taser to cook off a magazine?

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/949109023688634368/pu/vid/1280x720/04WCi3g3_pmAtBgk.mp4

dwhitehorne
08-05-18, 19:31
The only thing that cooked off is with his right hand he drew the pistol as he started going down from the taser and started firing. He dropped the gun in front of him as he died. David

platoonDaddy
08-05-18, 19:39
The only thing that cooked off is with his right hand he drew the pistol as he started going down from the taser and started firing. He dropped the gun in front of him as he died. David

You might be right on the preps trigger finger reacting to the Taser.

Impressed with the cop with the taser, he dropped the taser, drew and with great control lit the prep up. The other two cops exited the scene!

26 Inf
08-05-18, 22:19
You might be right on the preps trigger finger reacting to the Taser.

Impressed with the cop with the taser, he dropped the taser, drew and with great control lit the prep up. The other two cops exited the scene!

Yeah, really impressive, knew the guy had a gun, but cover, I don need no freaking cover. How many times did he say 'I'm not going to tell you again' five or six? Glad no officers got hurt.

Last I knew, TASER's studies on whether involuntary muscle contraction would cause the subject to fire a weapon were inconclusive, apparently in some cases, yes.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-06-18, 00:04
What in the living heck was the BGs end game. Playing hokey-pokey with your hands, not listening to commands, and wanting to play show&tell with his gun. And people wonder why they get shot?

1:18 Red mist.

Just out of curiosity. They fire about 5 shots after the BG has dropped the gun. Of course it would have been hidden by the top of the slide of the gun. I think it is a good shoot, but in the age of going over every detail over and over, when does it become an issue? I didn't even notice it until I was watched it a couple of times.

AKDoug
08-06-18, 00:21
What in the living heck was the BGs end game. Playing hokey-pokey with your hands, not listening to commands, and wanting to play show&tell with his gun. And people wonder why they get shot?

1:18 Red mist.

Just out of curiosity. They fire about 5 shots after the BG has dropped the gun. Of course it would have been hidden by the top of the slide of the gun. I think it is a good shoot, but in the age of going over every detail over and over, when does it become an issue? I didn't even notice it until I was watched it a couple of times.

"red mist" was brick dust off that clean miss just above the perp.

moonshot
08-06-18, 09:14
I tried to play frame by frame, and I counted somewhere around 10 to 12 shots from the BG after he was tased and 7 rounds from the officer in response, but it's hard to tell. A few of the BGs shots were very rapid fire.

The officer on the grass looked like he didn't fire a single round and decided to be somewhere else in a hurry. The oficer on the right had his back to the camera and went off scene quick, but it didn't look like he fired any rounds either.

Not like hollywood or tv, where one round is all you ever need.

Moose-Knuckle
08-06-18, 13:35

As it's been said . . . he has the life expectancy of an ant, he is high, armed, and just don't give a ****.

LMT Shooter
08-06-18, 17:52
What in the living heck was the BGs end game.

I don't believe that most of the folks like that guy have one, other than non-compliance. Some folks just aren't going to behave in a normal, rational manner with a goal that is acceptable & coherent to the rest of us.

dwhitehorne
08-06-18, 17:57
Just out of curiosity. They fire about 5 shots after the BG has dropped the gun. Of course it would have been hidden by the top of the slide of the gun.

I went to a post shooting investigation class in California a few years back. The whole course was centered on perception/reaction time of the average 1.6 seconds that is a common statistic in Police Crash Reconstruction. This post shooting class applied the 1.6 seconds to officer shootings with lots of scientific videos of test subjects performing an act. Like drawing a weapon and pointing it at an officer and immediately dropping the weapon once their arm was straight. In every test (dozens of them) the officer shot at the suspect as the weapon was about to hit the floor. The other one I remember was the gun draw-drop gun and turn to run. Every instance in that test the officer hit the subject in the back. It was a good eye opener that proved once the brain tells the finger to squeeze the trigger it takes 1.6 seconds at best to perceive and react to stop squeezing the trigger. They also conducted tests with average officers to see how many rounds can be fired in 1.6 seconds. As gun people we know you can squeeze off quite a few rounds.

As for the Taser. I've been a Taser Instructor for 8 years as of next month. Have to go to recert on the 6th. When the probes make good contact you get what Taser calls NMI for NeuroMuscular Incapacitation. If you've ever been shocked by a spark plug or something you know everything contracts. Part of that is clenched fists. With the jacket on and the suspect turning maybe there wasn't perfect NMI. Usually you see people lock up straight on a good hit. I'm thinking the suspect was squeezing the trigger with a clenched fist and maybe a little bump firing going on as well. The officer that was the Taser Operator did a text book transition to lethal force when required. David

Averageman
08-06-18, 21:25
If there was ever a guy that did everything possible to insure he got himself shot, it was that guy.
Regardless of what that LEO did to de-escalate that situation, the dead guy kept pushing towards it eventual conclusion.
Death by Cop?