PDA

View Full Version : Mass shooting stopped by ccw holder

flenna
08-06-18, 11:08
This is not making headlines.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/06/florida-armed-bystander-stops-gunman-at-crowded-back-to-school-event-at-park-police-say.html

An armed bystander shot a man who opened fire at a Florida park filled with over 100 people -- including children -- for a Saturday back-to-school cookout, officials said.
The Titusville Police Department said in a news release the man was involved in a fistfight with another person at the Issac Campbell Park and left around 5:20 p.m. -- only to return with a gun minutes later and start shooting.

A bystander, who was lawfully licensed to carry a firearm, then shot the gunman.

“We are extremely grateful that nobody else was injured in this incident,” Deputy Chief Todd Hutchinson said in a statement. “This suspect opened fire at a crowded public park. This could have been so much worse.”

26 Inf
08-06-18, 11:55
Glad he was there!

What kind of mental defective gets in a fistfight at a back to school party and then goes and gets a gun?

I'll bet when names are released we find he's a frequent flyer who shouldn't have been out in the first place.

Arik
08-06-18, 12:56
This will just be added to the list of school shootings to spin it the other way

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Coal Dragger
08-06-18, 13:26
Titusville, FL is Knight’s Armament land.

Adrenaline_6
08-06-18, 14:03
Titusville, FL is Knight’s Armament land.

Yup, literally about 7 miles down the road.

TomMcC
08-06-18, 15:06
Glad he was there!

What kind of mental defective gets in a fistfight at a back to school party and then goes and gets a gun?

I'll bet when names are released we find he's a frequent flyer who shouldn't have been out in the first place.

It seems that there are A LOT of people who take offense at the drop of a hat...then fly into a rage.

Doc Safari
08-06-18, 15:07
Glad he was there!

Maybe it's just the way I'm reading your post but you sound like you think this is a rare occurrence? Our local newspaper seems to have an incident like this several times a year.

Failure2Stop
08-07-18, 08:00
Yeah, 5 miles from my house, about 6 miles from the factory.
It is, however, right in the middle of the area that most folks avoid.
Titusville has a fairly high violent crime rate as it is.

_Stormin_
08-07-18, 17:15
Yeah, 5 miles from my house, about 6 miles from the factory.
It is, however, right in the middle of the area that most folks avoid.
Titusville has a fairly high violent crime rate as it is.
That actually really stinks to read. I want to view the Knights factory as somehow the Disneyworld of modern sporting rifles. Never been but it must be a magical place to bring so much good into the world!

26 Inf
08-07-18, 22:28
Maybe it's just the way I'm reading your post but you sound like you think this is a rare occurrence? Our local newspaper seems to have an incident like this several times a year.

No, not at all on the 'gonna get muh gun' thing, just on the venue - a school party. Do we know what relation was he to anyone at the scene? A parent?

In terms of frequent flyer, I meant he was probably known to the police, and a prohibited person.

SteyrAUG
08-07-18, 22:46
That actually really stinks to read. I want to view the Knights factory as somehow the Disneyworld of modern sporting rifles. Never been but it must be a magical place to bring so much good into the world!

It is, especially if you are lucky enough to tour the Reed Knight private collection.

platoonDaddy
08-08-18, 07:46
While all three networks and cable news covered that tragic parking lot shooting, no mention has been made of this positive gun story on ABC, NBC or CBS, even though ABC's own website did provide the story. Fox News however did cover it in a brief on Fox and Friends August 6th