PDA

View Full Version : Peterson SRP 308 Brass

Vegas
08-06-18, 15:34
Hey all,

I came across Peterson small rifle primer brass for 308 and was wondering if anyone had any experience? Thinking of picking up a small batch to test with. If not specifically that particular brass, any experience with the brand in general? Made in USA is always a plus for me but only if it performs as good as my Lapua brass.

Thanks,.

markm
08-06-18, 16:53
Never heard of it. I just dragged out my Lapua Palma brass a few weeks ago to shoot again. For whatever reason the POI moves high and right by an inch at 100.

How much does the Peterson cost?

Vegas
08-06-18, 21:59
Interesting on the POI. The Peterson stuff is $38 per 50, a bit less in bulk.

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/76153

Jwknutson17
08-06-18, 22:07
I use Peterson for 300 Norma mag. Amazing brass. From my experience you will not be disappointed. I use it over Lapua even though I could get the Lapua for slightly less. USA made also, like you mentioned.

Ideally I would use Peterson in my 300 win mag also but they don't make the belted mag. But ADG brass for the money is worth a look also.

Vegas
08-06-18, 23:53
Good to hear an endorsement, thanks. They also have a couple of the calibers I'm considering for when I rebarrel my 308.

Jwknutson17
08-07-18, 07:46
Good to hear an endorsement, thanks. They also have a couple of the calibers I'm considering for when I rebarrel my 308.

Peterson has many more users over on Snipers Hide. Lots or guys using it like I am for the 300 Norma mag also over the Lapua. I am really impressed with it. Consistent .5 inch groups with this gun with 225gr Eld pills. The Lapua brass I shot with it didn't sling them as tight as the Peterson. The Peterson is tough and super consistent brass. I don't have any experience with their other calibers. No doubt you will be pleased.

Vegas
08-08-18, 00:19
My understanding is that 20 loads on the SRP brass is not uncommon. Should see out my barrel nicely.

markm
08-08-18, 09:55
With annealing, I believe it.