PDA

View Full Version : I have seen it all now!

Shihan
10-28-08, 05:06
In the new issue of G&A Tactical Gear the last article in the rag is about back up sights. Doug Larson who is running an Aimpoint M3 and BUIS is advocationg running a BURDS(my stupid acronym) yes a Back Up Red Dot Sight and has a T-1 in an offset mount along for the ride.

Robb Jensen
10-28-08, 05:40
In the new issue of G&A Tactical Gear the last article in the rag is about back up sights. Doug Larson who is running an Aimpoint M3 and BUIS is advocationg running a BURDS(my stupid acronym) yes a Back Up Red Dot Sight and has a T-1 in an offset mount along for the ride.

G&A magazine.....welcome to the 21st century. Oh look no dinosaurs! ;)

No.6
10-28-08, 06:12
Hey, it could happen.... :rolleyes:
There you are in the middle of a fight and your irons malfunction, your primary dot malfs, but luckily for you, you had the wisdom to run a BURD. Now you look like a gen-u-wine genie-us and not some kind of mall ninja!

chadbag
10-28-08, 06:40
What happens if you BURDS goes down?

packinheavy
10-28-08, 07:25

Good question.

Do you back up the BURD with a second BUIS(SBUIS) or another BURD(ABURD)?

LMT556
10-28-08, 07:32
Would that be a BUBUIS (back up back up iron sight) or BUBURDS (back up back up red dot sight)?

DocMinster
10-28-08, 08:01

Well .....since you have 3 forms of sites I am sure you have calibrated all 3 so you can triangulate them to get a Grid north azimuth (since your weapon is metal magnetic would be inaccurate) that will allow you to use your compass to shoot a backwards azimuth from your target to your position........to get you in the ballpark . :rolleyes:

or something like that

What the heck are these guy thinking...Maybe they want their weapon to look like a swiss army knife.
Doc

VooDoo6Actual
10-28-08, 08:08
Just brilliant.

How did that revalation of having a BURDS ever elude me for so long ?...

MassMark
10-28-08, 08:09
If the irons fail and the BURDS goes down, one must consider BUMFOT, (Back Up Mag Full Of Tracers) to walk the rounds to the target.....:p

Robb Jensen
10-28-08, 08:10
If the irons fail and the BURDS goes down, one must consider BUMFOT, (Back Up Mag Full Of Tracers) to walk the rounds to the target.....:p

Better yet, mount a bullet trap rifle grenade over the muzzle and FIRE !

markm
10-28-08, 08:38
Well. I can agree with the guy on part of his tard logic. The back up sight on a gun SHOULD be the electronic. The primary however, should be the irons. :cool:

LOKNLOD
10-28-08, 08:47
Would that be a BUBUIS (back up back up iron sight) or BUBURDS (back up back up red dot sight)?

It's a "Third Up Red Dot" or, TURD. :p

(c'mon, somebody had to go there)

No.6
10-28-08, 08:56
Get a laser. Red, green or better yet both. And don't forget the IR laser. Night vision for the solar eclipse. BUIS, BURD, BURP (Back Up Redundant Pupils). One can never be sure what one will face.

decodeddiesel
10-28-08, 11:44
Wouldn't this guy shit a brick if he knew I was making dynamic entries in Mosul in 2003 with an M4, carrying handle irons (no back up), and a SF M951...:eek:

At the time it seemed to work just fine for me...

sdcromer
10-28-08, 20:59
Gecko45

Col_Crocs
10-28-08, 23:29

Yes and unfortunately, you beat me to it! :D

SwatDawg15
10-28-08, 23:58

LOL :D

Gramps
10-29-08, 01:30
I think this whole thread should be forwarded to the SAE (Silly Ass Editor) of G&A.

sdacbob
10-29-08, 02:20

LOL...I love it!!!

MassMark
10-29-08, 08:16
LOL...I love it!!!

And always remember - if your BUMFOT runs out, you must then go to BIMDP, (Brick In My Dump Pouch).... :p

Heartland Hawk
10-29-08, 08:19
Good question.

Do you back up the BURD with a second BUIS(SBUIS) or another BURD(ABURD)?

You'd be fine if you had another back up, seperate red dot (ABSURD)!:D

No.6
10-29-08, 08:29
You'd be fine if you had another back up, seperate red dot (ABSURD)!:D

:D Totally!

30 cal slut
10-29-08, 13:21
anyone who can afford a BURD ... my hats off to them.

just thinking about parting with the $$$ gives me GERD.

MassMark
10-29-08, 15:09
anyone who can afford a BURD ... my hats off to them.

just thinking about parting with the $$$ gives me GERD.

WERD... :cool:

hp35
10-29-08, 15:33
You all laugh but next year he, the author of said article, will be advocating a TBUR. The Back Up Rifle for when the BURD goes in the crapper.

Spurholder
10-29-08, 15:43
Look anything like this?? Found this today when shopping for a Cree Q5...a MURLM!

LINK (http://www.tacticalnightvision.com/)

Iraqgunz
10-29-08, 20:40
Shihan,

Since we are on the issue of gunrags again, I found this one rather funny. G&A Tactical Guns and Gear page 73 is the write up about the ultimate short-barreled AR. Specifically the Noveske with a Troy BUIS that is adjustable for windage and elevation. Ok, I have two sets of these sights and last time I checked they were only adjustable for windage. Am I missing something?

Shihan
10-29-08, 21:29

The article had BUIS in addition to the 2 Aimpoints.:rolleyes:

Palmguy
10-29-08, 21:33
You could have two BURDS...an offset mount on each side rail. And a set of irons on each side rail too...

Shihan
10-29-08, 21:34
Shihan,

Since we are on the issue of gunrags again, I found this one rather funny. G&A Tactical Guns and Gear page 73 is the write up about the ultimate short-barreled AR. Specifically the Noveske with a Troy BUIS that is adjustable for windage and elevation. Ok, I have two sets of these sights and last time I checked they were only adjustable for windage. Am I missing something?

LMFAO, look at the last article of the same RAG for the BURDS article.:o

ballsout
10-29-08, 21:42
Well what happens when your BURD goes down before your BUIS or primary dot? Does that make your primary red dot the BURD? But if each are a BURD of itself then you really have no red sight and they would cancel each other out of existence and create a tear in time/space which will collapse the universe as we know it. :eek:

Iraqgunz
10-29-08, 21:43
Somehow I must have missed the article as I had more important things going on. Seems like more gunrag retardedness. Too bad I couldn't have been at SGC when he showed up with his "wundergewehr". I probably would have laughed myself out of the store.

LMFAO, look at the last article of the same RAG for the BURDS article.:o

I guess two BURDS in hand are worth more than a BUIS.

bkb0000
10-30-08, 00:11
If your TURD goes down, you got PIP (pooped-in pants) because you PMP (pooped my pants).

I stated in another thread the fact that I pack a back-up-rifle mounted to my FSB, but apparently I'd used such foul language TheKatar pulled the whole comment. Sigh... FSBMBUR. keeping a BURD and TURD on each FSBMBUR prevents PIP via PMP.

wickeddeus
10-30-08, 01:47
Well you know what they say......"Two is one and one is none"

http://www.brassfetcher.com/images/tacticoolAR15.jpg

Gramps
10-30-08, 02:19
Well you know what they say......"Two is one and one is none"

http://www.brassfetcher.com/images/tacticoolAR15.jpg

Two gun bearers to get it to the range, and 40 day's and 40 nights to get it sighted all in.