PDA

View Full Version : Ronin Belt Users - Get in here...

mrvip27
08-09-18, 01:11
What is the proper sizing?

I feel their charts are a little off?

I have the medium warriors belt which the chart says is for my 36" waist measured with a proper tape. I wear 32" pants.

I have a lot of slack left over from the adjustment. Its to the point where I cant cinch it down much further because of the tag/label.

Are these belts big? Or is it because no sizes overlap? Should I downsize?

What are your belt sizes and waist/pant size?

Wake27
08-09-18, 03:31
I have a medium Senshi and typically wear a 34 pant. It fits me very well but I do remember being concerned that I wouldn’t get the size I needed. I love the belt, it’s ****ing awesome, after replacing the inner belt with the one from my Crye MRB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

graffex
08-09-18, 09:40
I have the medium task force and I wear a size 32 or 33 pant with no issues. Absolutely love my belt.

mrvip27
08-09-18, 12:22
Well guess it seems I would be sized right then...

How much stiffer is the Task Force? My warriors is pretty stiff but you can flex it pretty easily.

I might upgrade

mrvip27
08-09-18, 12:23
*double tap* :c

noonesshowmonkey
08-10-18, 09:02
The sizing charts are very accurate. They fit the waist size, not your pant size, and will hit the mid point of the adjustment with a long tail (enough to fold over). If anything, due to the fact that they are true waist size measurements, they run slightly larger than most people expect. I wear 34 inch pants to fit my thighs and booty into, with a closer to 32 or 33 inch true waist. The size M Senshi belt that I have (36"-38") was too big by--you guessed it--a couple of inches. The free running tail that you pass through the triglide on the cobra buckle wasn't long enough for me to tighten down; I had to use a seam ripper and take the tags off the tail in order to give myself a few more inches of adjustment. I'll be cutting and fusing the free running tail soon due to the fact that I have it adjusted to max tightness, plus the extra after removing the tags, and the tail is a little on the long side.

TL;DR

Order to your actual waist size, as these belts have very accurate fitment.

As far as stiffness goes, the Senshi/Task Force belts are incredibly stiff, and carriage load like it's nothing. According to Ronin's website, they have discontinued the Warrior/Shooters belts in favor of the much stiffer variations. While I haven't handled a Warrior's belt, if they are anything like competing cobra buckle belts, the Ronin belt is several times stiffer than most.

Also, quick shout out: this belt is easily one of the best pieces of kit I've ever spent money on.

mrvip27
08-10-18, 11:46
The sizing charts are very accurate. They fit the waist size, not your pant size, and will hit the mid point of the adjustment with a long tail (enough to fold over). If anything, due to the fact that they are true waist size measurements, they run slightly larger than most people expect. I wear 34 inch pants to fit my thighs and booty into, with a closer to 32 or 33 inch true waist. The size M Senshi belt that I have (36"-38") was too big by--you guessed it--a couple of inches. The free running tail that you pass through the triglide on the cobra buckle wasn't long enough for me to tighten down; I had to use a seam ripper and take the tags off the tail in order to give myself a few more inches of adjustment. I'll be cutting and fusing the free running tail soon due to the fact that I have it adjusted to max tightness, plus the extra after removing the tags, and the tail is a little on the long side.

TL;DR

Order to your actual waist size, as these belts have very accurate fitment.

As far as stiffness goes, the Senshi/Task Force belts are incredibly stiff, and carriage load like it's nothing. According to Ronin's website, they have discontinued the Warrior/Shooters belts in favor of the much stiffer variations. While I haven't handled a Warrior's belt, if they are anything like competing cobra buckle belts, the Ronin belt is several times stiffer than most.

Also, quick shout out: this belt is easily one of the best pieces of kit I've ever spent money on.

Sorry, but I am a little confused. Seems you have had the same experience. Should I be getting a medium (36-38)? Or a small (32-35)? Since it runs a few inches bigger?

I think I'm going to put my warriors belt up for sale and purchase a task force.

noonesshowmonkey
08-12-18, 14:20
Measure using a tailor's tape to get your true waist size. Order based on the number that you derive. If you can get a belt in the middle to top end of that adjustment range, do so. I ordered a belt where I was at the bottom, and ended up with too much tail.

So, according to the website:

Small= 32-35"
Medium= 36-38"

My waist measured right at 36ish inches, and was actually closer to 35, depending on where and how I took the measurement. Given that fact, I could fit the Small or the Medium belt. With the Medium, I was on the BOTTOM end of the measurement range, and therefor had a huge adjustment tail left over, because I was wearing a Medium on the Smallest settings. Were I to do it again, I'd probably get a Small, even though I would be at the TOP end of the adjustment range. I would just have a smaller tail left over.

mrvip27
08-13-18, 03:20
Measure using a tailor's tape to get your true waist size. Order based on the number that you derive. If you can get a belt in the middle to top end of that adjustment range, do so. I ordered a belt where I was at the bottom, and ended up with too much tail.

So, according to the website:

Small= 32-35"
Medium= 36-38"

My waist measured right at 36ish inches, and was actually closer to 35, depending on where and how I took the measurement. Given that fact, I could fit the Small or the Medium belt. With the Medium, I was on the BOTTOM end of the measurement range, and therefor had a huge adjustment tail left over, because I was wearing a Medium on the Smallest settings. Were I to do it again, I'd probably get a Small, even though I would be at the TOP end of the adjustment range. I would just have a smaller tail left over.

Thanks for the clarification.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-01-18, 12:44
I am a size 34 pant, but a 39" waist. I asked Ronin what to buy, and they suggested medium. Ordered a black Shuto last night.

mrvip27
09-01-18, 19:39
I am a size 34 pant, but a 39" waist. I asked Ronin what to buy, and they suggested medium. Ordered a black Shuto last night.

Its weird cause the task force belt sizing is different than the shuto/senshi

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-02-18, 03:27
Its weird cause the task force belt sizing is different than the shuto/senshi

Ya, looks like the TF offers a wider range of sizes on each belt

naturerancher
06-24-20, 17:11

Low Speed High Drag

How did the medium Shuto Belt Sizing work for you?

I am ready to order one, and like you, I am a Size 34 pant, measure a 39" waist. The sizes are M= 34-39", Large = 39-42"

You might save them having to answer my exact same question.

Thanks,
NR

Arik
06-24-20, 17:55
Low Speed High Drag

How did the medium Shuto Belt Sizing work for you?

I am ready to order one, and like you, I am a Size 34 pant, measure a 39" waist. The sizes are M= 34-39", Large = 39-42"

You might save them having to answer my exact same question.

Thanks,
NR

I bought his belt. I'm a 36 pant size, don't remember what waist size I measured but this belt fits me fine

naturerancher
06-24-20, 18:08
10-4. Thanks.

bikemike555
02-26-21, 08:35
Following.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk