PDA

View Full Version : Vickers Tactical/Tango Down Flat Faced Triggers

Iraqgunz
08-10-18, 02:19
Recently Tango Down released another Larry Vickers item for the Glock. It's a flat faced trigger (trigger shoe) for the Gen 3/4 as well as the Gen 5. I ordered one for my G19 and my G19X to test out before I swap them all out. Since they have been just installed I have done nothing more than dry-fire practice. These triggers are made from polymer rather than aluminum. According to TD it is made from the same polymer as the Glock and there are no heat transfer issues.

One thing that will be a little quirky is the installation since you must remove the shoe from the trigger bar and install the new one. There are a few videos on YouTube that explain the procedure. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks I will be able to get some range time and I will provide some additional information about how my particular ones are set up.

3ACR_Scout
08-10-18, 05:50
I’m going to try one of these out - the price is reasonable, and I have 3 or 4 former G19 serrated trigger assemblies gathering dust. The trigger shoe swap is very easy, especially since you don’t need to preserve the old shoe. I’ve never used a flat trigger, so this looks like an affordable way to try one.

Just in case anyone cares, I was curious about how the TD website has a drop down menu to select the color of the trigger. I emailed them, and they wrote right back and said that they only have plans for black in the immediate future. They said that if they offer another color in the future, it will probably just be Glock tan.

Tx_Aggie
08-10-18, 11:35
Looks good. I may have to give these a try.

Looking forward to hearing what you think after a few range trips.

donlapalma
08-10-18, 11:43
I'm definitely a fan of the flat faced trigger based on my time with the P320. I can see myself switching out to these in due time.

dirkmagurk
08-10-18, 16:19
I’ve had one of these installed in a Glock 19 gen 5 now for a couple weeks. I have fired 400 rounds through the 19.5 with this trigger using various drills. For ME personally this trigger does not work well. I have large hands and the way my index finger interfaces with the trigger the trigger safety hits the frame as I press through and causes a “glitch” for lack of a better word. I contacted TD about this issue and was told to use the bottom of the trigger guard as a reference point for correct finger placement, to ensure the safety doesn’t catch on the frame. Using their recommendation does correct the problem, but for me it takes a conscious effort to ensure just the right placement on the trigger. This is a deal breaker for me as I am not willing to swap out all my Glock triggers and train for that very specific muscle memory. For what it’s worth I compared the TD trigger to a standard trigger slow firing at a B-8 standing from 25 yards and could tell no significant improvement in my groupings. As always YMMV.

3ACR_Scout
08-10-18, 18:57
Great feedback, Dirk. That will be something to look out for.

KITTEN_FRENZY
08-17-18, 07:31
I bought one but haven't installed it yet. Is the trigger safety on yours really hard to depress? I'm thinking mine might be defective.

dirkmagurk
08-17-18, 08:50
I bought one but haven't installed it yet. Is the trigger safety on yours really hard to depress? I'm thinking mine might be defective.

Once you install it properly the safety shouldn’t be hard to depress.

KITTEN_FRENZY
08-17-18, 16:37
Installed it and I hate this thing lol.
The natural placement of my finger doesn't allow the safety to fully depress, causing it to snag on the rear of the frame before the trigger breaks. This is the same reason I dislike the M&P's hinge trigger, but this is way worse. This never happened with my OEM or Overwatch triggers. The dingus itself is harder to depress than OEM and Overwatch...mine may be defective.

Update: Even when I place my finger low on the trigger, the rear of the safety still snags against the frame.

AKFAN
08-17-18, 17:40
Like the other posters I have the same issue of the trigger safety snagging on the bottom of the frame. Emailed Tango and they explained to press on the bottom portion of the trigger as thats how flat faced triggers work. I will give it another range session with trying to press only the bottom part of the trigger. When I was shooting it felt like a two stage trigger in a sense, once the trigger safety bypassed the edge of the frame I could feel a click and then after continuing to squeeze the shot would break. I will give it another range session and see how I like it, I do have rather large hands so I hope its not an issue.

KITTEN_FRENZY
08-17-18, 17:45
Like the other posters I have the same issue of the trigger safety snagging on the bottom of the frame. Emailed Tango and they explained to press on the bottom portion of the trigger as thats how flat faced triggers work. I will give it another range session with trying to press only the bottom part of the trigger. When I was shooting it felt like a two stage trigger in a sense, once the trigger safety bypassed the edge of the frame I could feel a click and then after continuing to squeeze the shot would break. I will give it another range session and see how I like it, I do have rather large hands so I hope its not an issue.

It doesn't make a difference for me:

https://youtu.be/DaaF7ZJIj7A

Hmmmm, I think I got an older version?

Notice the safety shape here:
https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/m/mSgLqnVGLgaHufDZavpZutw/s-l225.jpg
and mine:
https://i.imgur.com/SfFREXA.jpg

dirkmagurk
08-18-18, 11:02
That’s the same version I have, I didn’t know they had made any changes. Should’ve waited until these had been out a while. I just figured they’d be good to go since their other Vickers Glock parts have worked so well for me. Companies really need to start testing their products throughly before releasing them.

KITTEN_FRENZY
08-20-18, 10:18
That’s the same version I have, I didn’t know they had made any changes. Should’ve waited until these had been out a while. I just figured they’d be good to go since their other Vickers Glock parts have worked so well for me. Companies really need to start testing their products throughly before releasing them.

Turns out the version with the flat trigger dingus was never released to the public. The curve was implemented before release:

The image of the trigger with the flat faced safety lever is the first version which was changed to the current version that you have. That change was at the request of a large Government Agency and none of that flat version were ever sold to the public.

They're sending me a replacement. Fingers crossed.

MountainRaven
08-20-18, 16:04
It looks like there is also a Vickers Tactical Pro trigger - which is only available for military, LE, and "qualified" end users, and comes with a legal disclaimer that needs to be signed before the sale. It sounds like it's just a replacement trigger shoe, like the Vickers Carry trigger.

Beyond that... I don't know what - if any - differences there are between the two.

methical20
08-20-18, 17:22
I called Tango Down today and the rep on the phone kept referring to the Pro trigger as the "FBI" trigger. She said that the only difference was safety weight, but would not elaborate...

Don't really understand selling a trigger shoe to LE/MIL only.

AKFAN
08-20-18, 17:37
Turns out the version with the flat trigger dingus was never released to the public. The curve was implemented before release:

They're sending me a replacement. Fingers crossed.
Please update us when you get a replacement. I tried my trigger this weekend as well and finger placement did not make a difference.

bigkracka
08-20-18, 18:32
Companies these days seem to be content letting customers be the beta testers. I had an Overwatch Precision that was actually supposed to improve the trigger, it did not, and I don't care for the flat face. Latest fad I guess, TD should sell them installed on a factory trigger bar. TD screwed the pooch on this one.

3ACR_Scout
08-20-18, 19:22
TD should sell them installed on a factory trigger bar. TD screwed the pooch on this one.
They would have to figure out how to get the factory trigger bar by itself. Even Glock in GA only gets them as a complete trigger assembly.

MountainRaven
08-20-18, 20:57
They would have to figure out how to get the factory trigger bar by itself. Even Glock in GA only gets them as a complete trigger assembly.

AFAIK, everybody else who sells aftermarket triggers for Glocks sells them with OEM trigger bars.

militarymoron
08-20-18, 21:53
AFAIK, everybody else who sells aftermarket triggers for Glocks sells them with OEM trigger bars.

Some companies offer the trigger 'shoe' only without the bar, like Apex tactical, idptactical, wheaton arms, kineti-tech, LWD, overwatch precision, royal arms, deus ex machina etc.

MountainRaven
08-20-18, 22:07
Some companies offer the trigger 'shoe' only without the bar, like Apex tactical, idptactical, wheaton arms, kineti-tech, LWD, overwatch precision, royal arms, deus ex machina etc.

I guess I don't have much experience with aftermarket Glock triggers. Only Agency Arms and Glocktriggers. And the CMC sitting in the display case at an LGS.

militarymoron
08-20-18, 23:11
I guess I don't have much experience with aftermarket Glock triggers. Only Agency Arms and Glocktriggers. And the CMC sitting in the display case at an LGS.

Me neither, really. I just happened to be looking at all the options that were out there when I was deciding whether to try out some trigger shoes or just get the whole assembly a little while ago. I bought a couple of kineti-techs just to see how they felt, but ultimately ended up getting overwatch triggers with the bar.

bigkracka
08-21-18, 06:17

Buy complete and remove the stock shoe, or contract the bar out.

KITTEN_FRENZY
08-23-18, 17:24
I got the replacement. I haven't installed it, but the dingus spring tension feels no different than my first one.
Great CS but I gotta say I'm really disappointed with the product.

AKFAN
08-23-18, 17:40
I got the replacement. I haven't installed it, but the dingus spring tension feels no different than my first one.
Great CS but I gotta say I'm really disappointed with the product.

Thanks for the update. I found this review of the trigger and the dingus on his recesses completely with the trigger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKcQmsPqNz4&t=309s

KITTEN_FRENZY
08-23-18, 18:39
Thanks for the update. I found this review of the trigger and the dingus on his recesses completely with the trigger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKcQmsPqNz4&t=309s

I have no problem if I use the part of my finger pad that has the least amount of meat (pretty much the distal 1/3 of the pad). Anything else and my flesh squishes too much and the dingus doesn't clear the frame.... and I have pretty skinny fingers.

Iraqgunz
08-25-18, 02:38
I have had zero issues on the G19X or the G19 that I installed them on. I probably have close to 1000 dry fires on them since installation. Kind of strange....

jesuvuah
08-25-18, 05:56
Haven't tried this one, but have tried others. Ended up going back to stock. My huge fat fingers just didn't work well with any of the glock flat faced triggers.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

KITTEN_FRENZY
08-27-18, 16:43
I have had zero issues on the G19X or the G19 that I installed them on. I probably have close to 1000 dry fires on them since installation. Kind of strange....

Even when you use the squishier part of your finger pad without gloves?

Iraqgunz
08-29-18, 05:29
I generally do not wear gloves. I also don't use the "squishier" part of my finger as I found that inserting a little more finger actually works better for me.

Even when you use the squishier part of your finger pad without gloves?

Sikiguya
10-07-18, 08:48
I’ve had one of these installed in a Glock 19 gen 5 now for a couple weeks. I have fired 400 rounds through the 19.5 with this trigger using various drills. For ME personally this trigger does not work well. I have large hands and the way my index finger interfaces with the trigger the trigger safety hits the frame as I press through and causes a “glitch” for lack of a better word. I contacted TD about this issue and was told to use the bottom of the trigger guard as a reference point for correct finger placement, to ensure the safety doesn’t catch on the frame. Using their recommendation does correct the problem, but for me it takes a conscious effort to ensure just the right placement on the trigger. This is a deal breaker for me as I am not willing to swap out all my Glock triggers and train for that very specific muscle memory. For what it’s worth I compared the TD trigger to a standard trigger slow firing at a B-8 standing from 25 yards and could tell no significant improvement in my groupings. As always YMMV.

I had a trigger from Suarez that had the same problem. Contacted them and was told to take a small file and make a few pass on the frame. Apparently, the Glocks does vary on tolerance. The trick worked. The glitch disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigTex2000
06-25-21, 15:54
Any final word on these? Have all the issues, if any, been resolved?

I ask because I was initially interested in picking one up. Generally, all Vickers accessories for Glock are outstanding. I was hesitant, however, due to the reports of issues with this trigger not functioning 100 percent. If the kinks have been worked out I would be interested in trying one.

dwhitehorne
06-25-21, 16:00
I've had one in my Polymer 80 for about two years. Mine came with a factory Glock trigger bar already installed. I like it and have never had any issues. David