PDA

View Full Version : 6920 purchase advice please...**UPDATED**Unoffical NEWS See below!!

DocMinster
10-28-08, 08:25
Hello all,

Thanks to Ebay I have some extra $$ and I have the opportunity to purchase another 6920 for 1250.00 today... The question I ask... is this something I should do as the election draws near and it looks like the Dems are going to be in control of the whole shebang.

We can all speculate on a Ban/Confiscation of guns, especially our assault types ...I am hoping for a grandfather clause.

It seems as though the 1250. is a decent price

What do you think?

TRD
10-28-08, 08:40
Just do it!

OldNavyGuy
10-28-08, 09:05
Just do it!

yes, i agree.., as this may possibly be your last chance.

between now and January 20, i recommend buying that gun you (all of us collectively) have had your eye on for several months, buy more ammo, buy more reloading components.

JBnTX
10-28-08, 09:11
.... I have the opportunity to purchase another 6920 for 1250.00 today... The question I ask... is this something I should do as the election draws near....
It seems as though the 1250. is a decent price
What do you think?

Buy It Now!

The 6920 is a very popular rifle and they are selling like hotcakes
all over the country.

If you want one, Get It Now, because the price will go up and the availability
will go down.

He Who Hesitates is Lost!

msap
10-28-08, 12:35
If you have the cake, go for it. That's a decent price from what I've seen. I paid 1300 for mine.

Veracity
10-28-08, 15:13
Buy now.
Election's coming.

Dave L.
10-28-08, 15:50
click [buy now] now.

markm
10-28-08, 15:55
It's going to get confiscated.

RogerinTPA
10-28-08, 15:58

Not if you plan your hide and cache sites well.;)

BUY NOW!

JBnTX
10-28-08, 16:13

...from my cold dead fingers!

dtibbals
10-28-08, 18:07
I just paid $1250 yesterday for one shipped to me no sales tax. I think that is a great price.

DocMinster
10-28-08, 18:09
Thanks for the words of encouragement ....I picked up my now 2nd 6920 on the way home...AND

2 minutes after I purchased my new 6920 the owner of the store was on the phone with one of his major distributors for the New England area looking for an AR for another customer and ...... and he was informed that all the AR's that he could offer him today was 3ea S&W's. And didn't foresee anything coming in.

After a heated discussion between the storeowner and the distributor whether or not he was yanking his chain. The distributor exclaimed no I am NOT @#%*ing around.

the panic has begun

Good Luck
Doc

JBnTX
10-28-08, 18:24

the panic has begun

Good Luck
Doc

Yep, you heard it here first.

It's only going to get worse.

TOM1911
10-28-08, 20:36
Glad mine is coming tomorrow:D

DocMinster
10-29-08, 17:35
Question??

I was just comparing the markings on both of my 6920's

the one I purchased 6months ago has:
key hole & D
and the cardinal on the carry handle

The one I purchased yesterday
Key hole & C
Square on the carry handle

TIA :D
Doc

spamsammich
10-29-08, 18:05
Question??

I was just comparing the markings on both of my 6920's

the one I purchased 6months ago has:
key hole & D
and the cardinal on the carry handle

The one I purchased yesterday
Key hole & C
Square on the carry handle

TIA :D
Doc

There's a question in there?

stronghold
10-29-08, 18:42
hey doc, nice talking to you and thanks for the recommendation and info.

greetings to the board. i was the fella that the owner was calling his distributor for. nothing to be had, so i put the other colt 6920 they had coming in on hold. hoping to pick it up this weekend.

looking forward to wringing alot of info out of this board as this is my first ar. selling my arsenal sam7 to help cost wise and looking forward to the switch.

texasyid
10-29-08, 19:51
You guys are too young to see panic buying. Before the AWB went into effect these things (paramilitary semi- auto's) were going for megabucks. I see a lot of 6920's on GB with zero bids. Do I think you should buy a nib 6920 for 1250? In a word yes.

bankerrkt
10-29-08, 21:09
I bought a 6920 today for $1350 and was glad to find one. I would have been happy to pay full retail if I had needed to. I guess Obama has been good for the economy after all ..... gun sales that is. :D

DocMinster
10-29-08, 21:25
There's a question in there?

Oh man Sorry :o...whats the difference..between the 2 markings

Again sorry

ballsout
10-29-08, 21:43
geez... i see 6920's for $1199 all the time at the gun show. Mainly from Bachman's. He always shows up with 10 of them selling them for $1199. Guess i'm spoiled in houston.

DocMinster
10-29-08, 22:00
hey doc, nice talking to you and thanks for the recommendation and info.

greetings to the board. i was the fella that the owner was calling his distributor for. nothing to be had, so i put the other colt 6920 they had coming in on hold. hoping to pick it up this weekend.

looking forward to wringing alot of info out of this board as this is my first ar. selling my arsenal sam7 to help cost wise and looking forward to the switch.

no problem....enjoy the 6920..you wont be disappointed. You have my # ...call me if you need to go over the weapon and we can go do some shooting.
:D
Doc

spamsammich
10-29-08, 22:04
Oh man Sorry :o...what the difference..between the 2 markings

Again sorry

Found this on TOS

The keyhole is the Cerro Metal forge marking.

Forging marks/makers.

A (splintered) = Anchor Harvey Aluminum

AF = Alcoa Forge

C AF = Colt Alco Forge

C MB = Colt / Mueller Brass

Cardinal (stylized) = Cardinal Forge

CH = Colt Harvey Aluminum

CK = Colt / Kaiser Aluminum

Circle/Crooshairs w/"AR" = ArmaLite

CM = Colt / Martin Marietta

D (stylized) = Diemaco

DK = Diemaco / Kaiser Aluminum

E = Emco

EK = EMCO/Kaiser

E MB = EMCO/Mueller Brass

F keyhole = FNMI / Cerro Forge

FA = FNMI / Anchor Harvey

FK = FNMI / Kaiser Aluminum

FM = FN/Martin Marietta

FMB = FNMI / Mueller Brass

Keyhole = Cerro Forge

L = Lewis Machine & Tool

LK = LAR / Kaiser Aluminum

LM = LAR / Martin Marietta

M (under diamond) = Mueller Industries

PA = Capco / Anchor Harvey

PM = Capco / Martin Marietta

DocMinster
10-29-08, 22:15
Found this on TOS

Thanks..I see...

Cardinal (stylized) = Cardinal Forge
D (stylized) = Diemaco
The keyhole is the Cerro Metal forge marking.

What about the :
C keyhole

and the Square

Doc

Renegade
10-29-08, 22:19
geez... i see 6920's for $1199 all the time at the gun show. Mainly from Bachman's. He always shows up with 10 of them selling them for $1199. Guess i'm spoiled in houston.

Keep looking, as Schramm sells them for $1149 at the shows.

TOM1911
10-30-08, 15:33
Just received both a Colt 6920 and a Daniel Defense Mk19 RIS II rail on the same day (MUST BE A SIGN) I'm looking forward to this Saturday when I can put all my extras on the carbine.:D

taliv
10-30-08, 16:52
i bought a 6920 this morning. dealer had one last night. I was about to buy it, then decided to make sure my pmags (7/07) would drop free. surprised to find they wouldn't! dealer got another one in this morning and they dropped free no problem out of that one, so it went home with me.