PDA

View Full Version : gun battle between 2 Pennsylvania State Police troopers and motorist on Route 33

platoonDaddy
08-10-18, 17:34
This dash cam pre-empted that defense or protest. People want dash/body cams because they think the Police are the liars. Now with these cams they are finding out that the Police are the victims of those crook liars.

The dash cam, was released today 10Aug2018 of the shooting in 11/2017
http://www.mcall.com/news/police/mc-nws-route-33-state-police-trooper-shooting-video-released-20180706-story.html

The_War_Wagon
08-10-18, 19:00
Dayyyy - um. Other side of the state, which is why I don't remember hearing about this, but yeah - unless a COPS! film crew is riding in a Pittsburgh or Philly squad car, you NEVER see video of a police-involved shooting from a police camera EVER, in PA. Not entirely sure why.

Cagemonkey
08-10-18, 19:20
Thats a WOW video. Pretty crazy stuff. I feel DASH CAM's and BODY CAM's work for both sides.

platoonDaddy
08-11-18, 15:48
Thats a WOW video. Pretty crazy stuff. I feel DASH CAM's and BODY CAM's work for both sides.

AMEN

I located the news conference following the shooting in Nov. The officer carried a tourniquet on his belt, that he applied to one of the hits that hit an artery. He ended up saving his own life. The PREP, was hit multiple times and drove himself to the hospital.

Cagemonkey
08-11-18, 19:28
Insane stuff. Glad the Officer is OK. Seems the TAZER isn't all that its cracked up to be. The PREP fought like a DEMON. A good Baton/Night stick might have helped.

titsonritz
08-11-18, 20:01
Should have dumped a mag in his face the moment he reached into his rig, he wasn't going for pixie dust.

Jwknutson17
08-12-18, 13:50
What was the pistol that was on the ground after he was tased? Did the officer miss that in his pat down?

Crazy video. Glad the officer is ok.

platoonDaddy
08-12-18, 18:40
What was the pistol that was on the ground after he was tased? Did the officer miss that in his pat down?

Crazy video. Glad the officer is ok.

My money is on a Taser Cartridge.

ssc
08-12-18, 23:21
My understanding is that it was one of the officers BUG that had managed to fall out during the initial struggle.

Cheers, Steve

TheTick
12-22-18, 19:27
Sorry for the almost necro post.

unless a COPS! film crew is riding in a Pittsburgh or Philly squad car, you NEVER see video of a police-involved shooting from a police camera EVER, in PA. Not entirely sure why.

It's because body worn cameras are exempt from PA's Right to Know Law.

My understanding is that it was one of the officers BUG that had managed to fall out during the initial struggle.

Cheers, Steve

Correct, it was the Trooper's BUG. I haven't been able to learn what holster it was and where on his body... so I can avoid doing the same.