PDA

View Full Version : SIG Mosquito v. Walther P22

gk2410
10-28-08, 10:27
I'm looking at one these two firearms as a secondary platform for an AAC Pilot Suppressor. As I've had no experience with either, I was hoping to get some feedback from others who may have traveled this road before I did. My only exposure was to someone with the Walther, but I have several SIG's so have a natural tendency to lean in that direction.

Thanks for any feedback.

ramplit
10-28-08, 10:43
Hello,

I can only speak to the Sig Mosquito. My Mosquito fires best with Winchester Dynapoints and when shooting them runs very well. I did buy the Tactical Innovations thread adapter which is a pain because it must be removed before the pistol can be disassambled for cleaning. I've read that there is an adapter out there that doesn't require removal.

I run mine with a Gemtech Outback II and it does very well as long as it's fed higher power ammo. The controls are reminiscent of a full size sig, so for a Sig guy, I would think it was a no-brainer. The pistol is a bit light, a bit small and not as target oriented as I would have liked.

My favorite 22 suppressed pistol is the Beretta 87 Target with an adaptor by TrosUSA. It's a bit heavier, is single action only, and is accurate and a lot of fun, but with a price to match.

Best regards

Terry
10-28-08, 11:50
I have 1 Walther P22.
I have fired aprox. 2-300 rds.
It was bought to teach my daughter's to shoot.
For that purpose it is adaquate.
I have had failures to extract only.
I have shot mine and mine only, never even held a Sig Mosquito.
Terry.

topraider
10-28-08, 13:32
No experience with the Mosquito, but I do have a P22T with 700 rds through it.

The following are the issues I've had with the pistol.

1. 2nd day on the range, the barrel nut came loose allowing in/out barrel movement of aprox. 3/16 in.

2. The worm screw on top of the stabilizer assembly as a tendency of working itself loose.

3. The size of the hand grip was designed for a child. I have med. size hands and this thing is way too small.

Having said all this, the pistol is fun to shoot, but I would not recommend the T model.
The standard model eliminates the stabilizer assembly.

Abiqua
10-28-08, 14:04
I have a P22 with a thread adaptor and haven't had any failures. That being said if I had it to do over again, I'd get a CZ75 Kadet and get the barrel threaded.

gk2410
10-28-08, 14:07
Thanks for the replys so far...I'm starting to think I shoudl just put one of the Tactical Solutions uppers on my Ruger Mark I. Anyone try one of those?