PDA

View Full Version : LMT or Noveske?

RedOil
10-28-08, 11:58
I am getting ready to order a new AR. $2000.00 is my max amount. What is the best for the money?

GlockWRX
10-28-08, 12:07
It depens on what you are using it for, and what is valuable to you.

In that price range you've got:

A fully decked out Colt 6920 or LMT M4
LMT MRP, either DI or piston
Noveske N4
KAC SR15 IWS
A completely custom upper and lower

Keep in mind that doesn't include optics or lights. If you want to include that, you are better off going with a built up M4.

The Archangel
10-28-08, 12:33
Is your $2,000 budget including optics and accessories? If so, make sure you leave some room in there for an Aimpoint.

Again, it will depend on what you're going to use it for.

HD
Work (LEO)
Plinking
Competition (3-Gun / Precision)
Carbine Course
Safe Queen
Investment

Gunrider
10-28-08, 12:43
LMT Gas Piston MRP CQB

Spade
10-28-08, 13:12
That's like asking Coke or Pepsi, or Ford or Chevy. I love my N4. That being said I have a buddy who has an LMT that just friggin rocks. Aside from the obvious research of what you are going to do with it, name brands are some what irrelevant. What I mean is if the weapon has all the bell whistles you require & from your research appears to have a quality product the name is really a mute point.

ZDL
10-28-08, 13:15
Oly arms or DPMS are top notch round these parts. Best boom sticks in the industry. No one can top them. Don't listen to koolaid colt drinkers. LMT quality is bunk and noveske's are for priss boy wanna-be's. Trust me. :rolleyes:

Use the search, read the stickies, consult the chart (it's not on here anymore but you can find it everywhere) I promise you all of your questions will be answered a lot sooner than they will be RE-answered.

RogerinTPA
10-28-08, 16:48
I am getting ready to order a new AR. $2000.00 is my max amount. What is the best for the money?

IMHO, A Bravo Company mid-length upper + an LMT lower would be a good combo and all purpose rifle, if you want save money and use the rest for a RDS and some Mags/Ammo. Check out Grant's thread on the BCM uppers. He will build them to your desires if you don't see what you want. A rail will cost another $275.00 and a RDS will cost you around $500.00 BUT.....you can never go wrong with a Colt. ;)

RedOil
10-28-08, 17:17
Just to add a little more info... I am looking at the N4 Light Recce Low-Profile 16".. my cost would be about $1770.00 and the LMT Piston driven MRP for about $1619.00.
I have about 20 new mags at this point and have Optics. The rifle will be used for Home Defense and training.

austinN4
10-28-08, 22:24
I am looking at the N4 Light Recce Low-Profile 16".. my cost would be about $1770.00 and the LMT Piston driven MRP for about $1619.00.
The N4 is sweet, but either will be a fine gun. Do you want DI or piston? There lies your answer.

Honu
10-28-08, 22:57
where are you getting a LMT piston for $1619 ?
if you care to share ;) or is it a LEO thing ?

I have a LMT piston just arrived and now got a wicked cold so going to be delayed to get out and try it

I guess it depends on what you want to do etc.. and parts etc..
my next complete will be a Noveske Recce most likely was going to get that first but decided to get the LMT piston just cause its unique and always like things that are unique

my vote would be a Noveske Recce or a LMT piston

RedOil
10-29-08, 05:43
where are you getting a LMT piston for $1619 ?
if you care to share ;) or is it a LEO thing ?

I have a LMT piston just arrived and now got a wicked cold so going to be delayed to get out and try it

I guess it depends on what you want to do etc.. and parts etc..
my next complete will be a Noveske Recce most likely was going to get that first but decided to get the LMT piston just cause its unique and always like things that are unique

my vote would be a Noveske Recce or a LMT piston

Military Discount........

austinN4
10-29-08, 07:07
Military Discount........
Then you need to also ask John Noveske about his military discount as well. I hear it is suprisingly good.

shad951
10-29-08, 10:10
Go with the Noveske hands down. I ordered my N4 Light Reece 16" 2 weeks ago and the customer service is top notch with them. With LEO discount it was a no brainor on what gun to buy for me. My other choice was the Colt 6920 (fine weapon) but with the discount I got and options I ordered I still got the rifle for less then the Colt with a better stock (E-Mod stock), MIAD grips and Troy flip up sights. The Colt and LMT were on my short list but in my mind the Noveske worked for me on what I wanted.

Regards and good luck in your decision. Read the forum, the only people slamming Noveske here are just trolling and not the real experts here.

Honu
10-29-08, 13:23
thanks for the how :)

I think unless you know you want the Piston get the Noveske

I wanted a LMT piston specifically if its a choice of hmm LMT or Noveske the Noveske would be my choice but Noveske does not make a piston :)

to me the LMT and its MRP and Piston are unique and why I got one it will live along side a Noveske :)

nsabjg
10-29-08, 13:45
Both are fine rifles. I have a LMT, l like it. Fit and finish was perfect.
Load, enjoy, repeat.

ddemis
10-29-08, 13:55
I recently finished a spec ops course with guys shooting a variety a Bushmasters, RRA, Colt's and a Noveske. We put our guns through extended firing with some shoots lasting as long as 8 hours(using wolf ammo). I can honestly say only one guys gun lasted the entire week with zero stopages. It was the NOVESKE N-4! You get what you pay for.

sierrahotel
10-29-08, 13:57
If you get a military discount and are interested in LMT try ar15sales.com. You'll have to email Pete about his mil priceing though. I just bought an complete LMT rifle from him and he gave me a great deal.

Gunrider
10-29-08, 17:39
LMT piston MRP

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/LMT-Rifle.jpg

RedOil
10-29-08, 19:48
I will be going with the Noveske. i will be purchasing an LMT upper for a later build. Thanks to all of you for giving me your opinions. I have found this sight to be very informative.

CrawGator
10-30-08, 00:06
I will be going with the Noveske. i will be purchasing an LMT upper for a later build. Thanks to all of you for giving me your opinions. I have found this sight to be very informative.

Let me know if you find a dealer with them in stock! I haven't had much luck. :(

Ryo
10-31-08, 16:13
I'm assuming your talking about the LMT MRP? Yah.. it's out of stock and LMT is taking it's sweet time sending out mine. Been waiting a month already, and it's not suppose to ship until end of the month. :mad: