View Full Version : New Glock frame from Lone Wolf *UPDATE PG 3*

M4arc
10-28-08, 13:26
This looks interesting:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/oclvtrek/image001-2.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/oclvtrek/LWDReceiver.jpg

M4arc
10-28-08, 13:33
For Pete's sake I must be on drugs today because I kept screwing up my initial post :mad:

Anyway I wanted to say this looks like an alternative to the extremely heavy CCF frame. I've had great luck with other Lone Wolf products so I'm looking forward to seeing how they pull this off.

VooDoo6Actual
10-28-08, 13:36
Wanna bet if Glock follows the lead of Lone Wolf and gets their new generation pistolas more like the 1911 grip.

olds442tyguy
10-28-08, 13:42
I wonder if the Lone Wolf frame addresses the mounted light/frame flex issues.

John_Wayne777
10-28-08, 13:55
It certainly does look interesting. I'd love to get my hands on one and test it.

Edit -- I'm not a fan of messing with the mag release. The Vickers release fixes that problem nicely.

What's that button on the back of the grip for?

Jay Cunningham
10-28-08, 13:56
No Glock 19?

meh...

Littlelebowski
10-28-08, 13:59
No Glock 19?

meh...

+1. Need G19 love.

M4arc
10-28-08, 14:00
It certainly does look interesting. I'd love to get my hands on one and test it.

Edit -- I'm not a fan of messing with the mag release. The Vickers release fixes that problem nicely.

What's that button on the back of the grip for?

I'm not sure about the mag release either...why would they make it round? Unless they are coming out with a round mag release themselves. As for the button it's for the optional integrated laser sight.

No Glock 19?

meh...

Yes a G19/23/32 sized frame will be available as well but the G17/22/31 size will be the first one released. JR also said the G20/21 size will be produced as well.

ToddG
10-28-08, 14:39
I wonder how they got around Crimson Trace's patent for a laser activation switch integral to the grip/frame of a gun ... :rolleyes:

Jay Cunningham
10-28-08, 14:44
Where is this optional laser supposed to be located?

DrMark
10-28-08, 19:01
Interesting.

If you read the features, it almost sounds like they're trying to turn a Glock frame into an S&W M&P frame.

skyugo
10-28-08, 19:55
+1. Need G19 love.

the glock 19 frame is already perfect :D

designman
10-28-08, 20:26
For crying out loud . . .the Glock frame that needs to be reduced is the 21.
Everyone is going with a reduced frame for the 19, 17, 22, 34, & 35. The
20 and 21 are the one's that are too freaking fat. When you consider all the
company's and individuals that are doing grip reductions, there's alot of money
to be made with a reduced frame for the big Glocks. Everybodys going after
the smaller framed Glocks first. I don't understand why!! Glock didn't do near
enough with the 21SF's.

MisterWilson
10-28-08, 20:54
I would *REALLY* like one of these for my Advantage Arms conversion if the price was right.

John_Wayne777
10-28-08, 20:54
Well last I knew the folks who do grip reductions have quite a demand for doing them on the smaller Glocks like the G17 and G19. That might be part of the explanation for why companies would go after them first.

monkeywrench
10-29-08, 07:29
It will have to come through a ffl dealer! Because it is what has the serial numbers on! No longer a glock!!1

John_Wayne777
10-29-08, 07:49
It will have to come through a ffl dealer! Because it is what has the serial numbers on! No longer a glock!!1

Would a Glock by any other name still look as ugly?

Stretz Tactical Inc
10-29-08, 08:23

I was wondering the same thing.

MikeCLeonard
10-29-08, 10:33
I wonder how the laser works.

Any time line on these frames?

mattjmcd
10-29-08, 11:00
For crying out loud . . .the Glock frame that needs to be reduced is the 21.
Everyone is going with a reduced frame for the 19, 17, 22, 34, & 35. The
20 and 21 are the one's that are too freaking fat. When you consider all the
company's and individuals that are doing grip reductions, there's alot of money
to be made with a reduced frame for the big Glocks. Everybodys going after
the smaller framed Glocks first. I don't understand why!! Glock didn't do near
enough with the 21SF's.

IMO the demand is pretty universal, and there are (probably?) lots more -17, -19, -22 etc out on the streets. Just my opinion though.

Glock did so many things right, but many folks have minor gripes that just won't go away- grip angle, poor factory sights, blocky frames etc. My personal beefs are the mag release and the need for a *slight* beavertail.

Luckily I now have the Glock I've always wanted- in the form of the M&P9!:D

olds442tyguy
10-29-08, 15:35
Now you can have a non Glock made Glock. LW frame, Caspian slide, etcetera.

Kind of reminds me of how another certain handgun platform picked up most of it's popularity.

SecretNY
10-29-08, 21:57
I also wonder how this will effect my glock holsters?

Renegade
10-29-08, 22:23
$300 seems like a lot for that to me.

HK45
10-31-08, 23:16
To each his own but I don't see the point myself. Nothing on that frame I want or need on a Glock.

HK45
10-31-08, 23:18
Robar has had that for a little while now.
http://www.robarguns.com/

Now you can have a non Glock made Glock. LW frame, Caspian slide, etcetera.

Kind of reminds me of how another certain handgun platform picked up most of it's popularity.

Dport
11-01-08, 14:07
Interesting.

If you read the features, it almost sounds like they're trying to turn a Glock frame into an S&W M&P frame.

My worry is that it is trying to be both and will be neither.

Dport
11-01-08, 14:09
Well last I knew the folks who do grip reductions have quite a demand for doing them on the smaller Glocks like the G17 and G19. That might be part of the explanation for why companies would go after them first.

It is amazing to me that Glock has screwed the pooch with this. They could have come up with modular frames a decade ago when the P99 came out.

ST911
11-01-08, 15:49
It is amazing to me that Glock has screwed the pooch with this. They could have come up with modular frames a decade ago when the P99 came out.

They're not screwing the pooch, they're selling what consumers are buying. If sales dropped suddenly in favor of such features it wouldn't be too long before you'd see a switch.

Further, were those features in the demand that people think, you'd expect existing models that have them to be selling better than they are.

As always, most folks are gun owners, not gun shooters, nor real practitioners. What's available is meeting needs for most.

ToddG
11-01-08, 18:07
Except there has been a significant shift in some markets, LE especially, away from Glock and towards the M&P. The Smith's almost instant acceptance into the LE market is unheard of. They're winning about 80% of the LE contracts they can bid (i.e., ones with specifications they meet).

A major driving force for individual gun owner (vice shooter ... to use your terminology) purchases is acceptance and common usage among LE agencies. There's a very demonstrable trend there. Major LE contracts first result in more LE contracts by neighboring/associated agencies. Then they start to impact commercial sales.

Just because Glock hasn't gone bankrupt doesn't mean it's still doing as well as it was three or four years ago. And quite a few procurement draft SOWs are floating around which specifically call for some of the features Glock has refused to incorporate or address so far. It might be a very interesting SHOT Show ...

Evan_O
11-02-08, 01:29
Except there has been a significant shift in some markets, LE especially, away from Glock and towards the M&P. The Smith's almost instant acceptance into the LE market is unheard of. They're winning about 80% of the LE contracts they can bid (i.e., ones with specifications they meet).

My agency still issues the G17 but DOC in our area just signed a contract with Smith and is now using M&P's.

Dport
11-02-08, 05:16
They're not screwing the pooch, they're selling what consumers are buying. If sales dropped suddenly in favor of such features it wouldn't be too long before you'd see a switch.

Further, were those features in the demand that people think, you'd expect existing models that have them to be selling better than they are.

As always, most folks are gun owners, not gun shooters, nor real practitioners. What's available is meeting needs for most.

I have to disagree. Companies should not sit on their laurels. They should be innovating. Glock is just starting to learn this with their SF models. The problem is they're not learning fast enough, and so far their solutions are half-measures.

How long has the Glock community cried out for a full-size single-stack .45? How many shooters have complained about the grip angle or how wide the grip is or of slide bite?

These issues could easily be addressed by Glock. They could haven proactive back in the late 90s. Now they are being reactive to other products in the market like the M&P, the XD, the new H&Ks.

Stickman
11-02-08, 06:09
Except there has been a significant shift in some markets, LE especially, away from Glock and towards the M&P.The Smith's almost instant acceptance into the LE market is unheard of. They're winning about 80% of the LE contracts they can bid (i.e., ones with specifications they meet).

I would be interested in knowing your source on that, as its not what I am seeing. The M&P certainly has picked up a small portion of the market, but it isn't large enough to even show up when compared to the dominance of Glock in the LE market.

There are plenty of departments that switch to a different handgun each time they go up for bid, obviously some of them will be switching away from Glock, especially when pricing is an issue for most departments right now.

On a side note, I don't dislike the M&P by any stretch, its certainly light years beyond the Sigma.

HK45
11-02-08, 12:04
We should remember that the people on forums like this and others are into their guns. Most people, including those who are issued them, are not. It's a tool. Even though I would like a single stack Glock .45 full size the number of people who do is not worth the effort. Cost and brand name is king and Glock has nothing to worry about for some time. Yes the SFs' are finally some sort of reaction on their part to other pistols but i see very slow very incremental improvements on their part. They want to keep things simple and cheap as do most gun owners. It is very interesting how quickly the M&P has been adopted and I'm very glad to see it. I actually have a slight preference for the new HK's myself but have quite a few M&P's as well. In fact I just ordered two more M&P's, another 9mm full size and another .45 full size.

BTW the Feb issue of combat handguns has a good article on the Robar Glock.

I have to disagree. Companies should not sit on their laurels. They should be innovating. Glock is just starting to learn this with their SF models. The problem is they're not learning fast enough, and so far their solutions are half-measures.

How long has the Glock community cried out for a full-size single-stack .45? How many shooters have complained about the grip angle or how wide the grip is or of slide bite?

These issues could easily be addressed by Glock. They could haven proactive back in the late 90s. Now they are being reactive to other products in the market like the M&P, the XD, the new H&Ks.

HK45
11-02-08, 12:09
Interesting. What sorts of features Todd? Sounds like you know some things about the SHOT show your not telling us!

quite a few procurement draft SOWs are floating around which specifically call for some of the features Glock has refused to incorporate or address so far. It might be a very interesting SHOT Show ...

Dport
11-02-08, 13:15
We should remember that the people on forums like this and others are into their guns. Most people, including those who are issued them, are not. It's a tool. Even though I would like a single stack Glock .45 full size the number of people who do is not worth the effort. Cost and brand name is king and Glock has nothing to worry about for some time. Yes the SFs' are finally some sort of reaction on their part to other pistols but i see very slow very incremental improvements on their part. They want to keep things simple and cheap as do most gun owners. It is very interesting how quickly the M&P has been adopted and I'm very glad to see it. I actually have a slight preference for the new HK's myself but have quite a few M&P's as well. In fact I just ordered two more M&P's, another 9mm full size and another .45 full size.

BTW the Feb issue of combat handguns has a good article on the Robar Glock.

In that case, Anheuser-Busch shouldn't innovate. They have the largest market share in the beer market with Bud and Bud Light. By your theory, they wouldn't have to do anything else. The micro-brewery guys are similar to people on these boards.

The problem for a business is that the boutique customers, like us or the micro-brew guys, are usually at the leading edge.

That's why AB has done things like the American Ale, Bud Select, Skipjack Ale. They shouldn't worry about things like Dos Equis and Corona. No reason for them to spend money on developing Land Shark.

HK45
11-02-08, 13:23
Comparing "Premium" Beer products to commodity pistols like Glocks? OK....One of these things is not like the other.

ST911
11-02-08, 13:59

When you can sell everything you make, long before you make it, to the limits of the capacity of your production and sales resources, where's the compelling need?

Innovation isn't demanded by the masses, it's of greatest interest to the niches. And overestimated.

How long has the Glock community cried out for a full-size single-stack .45?

Not in the demand perceived. There was a cry for the single stack compact 45, too, but G36s sit, and sit, and...

How many shooters have complained about the grip angle or how wide the grip is or of slide bite?

Grip angle complaints tend to come from shooters of others systems (read 1911), who are unlikely to be happy with an angle redesign, anyway. Further, most likely to convert the gun to death.

Slide bite (subject to definition) is an issue to a small minority of shooters.

ST911
11-02-08, 14:32
Except there has been a significant shift in some markets, LE especially, away from Glock and towards the M&P. The Smith's almost instant acceptance into the LE market is unheard of.

Quantifying "significant shift" would be helpful, but few companies will provide such useful and impartial data. Are they truly displacing one brand (any brand) for another? Some were longstanding or strong Smith agencies already. Some standardizations. A couple were wheelgun conversions. lol

I would be interested in knowing your source on that, as its not what I am seeing. The M&P certainly has picked up a small portion of the market, but it isn't large enough to even show up when compared to the dominance of Glock in the LE market.

Feedback from some Smith LE dealers, and some more candid S&W employees, is a bit more consistent with external observation: They sell some guns, not as many as they want you to think, with not nearly as much enthusiasm today as on roll-out. The new is wearing off a bit. As for the particular features differentiating the M&P from others, most are received with "meh." The smallest portion have serious interest. The rest are in the middle somewhere.

All suggest that one can guage sales and cash flow by the frequency of rebates on those skus.

Trainers and maintainers are informative, too, and about as equally enthusiastic. M&P was a step up for some, sideways, and down for some others. Usually by system converted from and quality of their programs.

On a side note, I don't dislike the M&P by any stretch, its certainly light years beyond the Sigma.

Yup.

I don't dislike it either, and am more indifferent than anything. Most interesting about the M&P, though, is the difference in marketing of it as a package of solutions in exceptional demand, and the reality at the end-user.

A serviceable option from an American vendor, but not a great deal else.

Dport
11-02-08, 15:41
Comparing "Premium" Beer products to commodity pistols like Glocks? OK....One of these things is not like the other.

Bud is hardly premium beer.

Every market I can think of follows a similar path. Take, for instance, automobiles. They say if you want to know what will be standard on cars in 10 years take a look at the options Mercedes is offering now.

Dport
11-02-08, 15:43
When you can sell everything you make, long before you make it, to the limits of the capacity of your production and sales resources, where's the compelling need?

Innovation isn't demanded by the masses, it's of greatest interest to the niches. And overestimated.

Not in the demand perceived. There was a cry for the single stack compact 45, too, but G36s sit, and sit, and...

Grip angle complaints tend to come from shooters of others systems (read 1911), who are unlikely to be happy with an angle redesign, anyway. Further, most likely to convert the gun to death.

Slide bite (subject to definition) is an issue to a small minority of shooters.

Time will tell. I'm confident I'll be proven right. Glock is already proving me right with their SF models and their crude attempts at a manual safety. Why change at all if they don't see a need to innovate?

ToddG
11-02-08, 20:17

It's in Smith's SEC filings, which they have to support with substantial documentation for obvious reasons. I guess we just have different opinions of what equals a "small portion of the market," especially for a gun that didn't exist three years ago. Anyone know how many LE agencies were into Glocks in the US three years after the first one came off the production line?

Are they truly displacing one brand (any brand) for another? Some were longstanding or strong Smith agencies already. Some standardizations. A couple were wheelgun conversions. lol

NMSP dropped their long-problematic Glock 31's for the M&P357. NHSP, which dumped Smith 45-cal 3rd gen guns for SIG P220s, was quick to jump back to smith as soon as the M&P45 became available.

But this is missing the point. Are agencies dropping Glocks (or anything else) like hot rocks to jump on the M&P bandwagon? Not many. Quite a few, however, when going to out find a new pistol are picking the M&P over the competition.

I know two major federal LE agencies which are seriously looking at the M&P ... agencies which outright refuse to issue or authorize Glocks because of the need to pull the trigger as part of the disassembly process. Regardless of whether you or I think that is a big deal, it's a big deal to these agencies and that one feature alone is the difference between having a foot in the door and being turned away at the front gate.

All suggest that one can guage sales and cash flow by the frequency of rebates on those skus.

That's just silly. Smith set the MSRP with the rebates in mind. The rebates have been around since the beginning, and continue to exist even on models which have far more demand than supply. It's just a marketing strategy, and certainly not one exclusive to S&W. Remember, the top management at Smith came from another industry ... an industry where such programs have proven extremely successful on a rolling basis.

edited to add: Here's another organization that has lots of Glocks and is now buying some M&Ps. :cool:
Smith & Wesson Fills M&P9 Pistol Order for Iraqi Military and Security Forces (http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Smith-Wesson-Fills-MP9-Pistol/story.aspx?guid=%7BF0171D62-98F7-4F2A-957F-1DE1AD5A6C32%7D)

M4arc
02-13-09, 11:46
Here's a new picture of the Lone Wolf frame:

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/uiimages/10000/lwdmain.jpg

I think it looks good and I can't wait to try one.

Pesty0311
02-13-09, 13:09
Why is it nobody is doing an enhanced frame for the 19? CCF dropped theirs too... sucks.

M4arc
02-13-09, 13:47
Why is it nobody is doing an enhanced frame for the 19? CCF dropped theirs too... sucks.

IIRC Lone Wolf does plan to produce G19/23 sized frame. First out the door is the G17/22 size and the compact size will follow.

Littlelebowski
02-13-09, 14:39
Over on the BrianEnos forum, there's quite a bit of talk about how the steel CCF frames are getting battered and need shock buffers.

Pesty0311
02-13-09, 15:54
M4 Thats good to know, hope it works out.

I really wanted to get a Steel\ framed 19 from CCF. I know the weight would have been up their but I hump a 1911 anyway so its not that big of a deal.

mattpittinger
02-13-09, 16:40
What kind of prices can we expect to see?

Tangy
02-13-09, 20:09
What issues?

NCPatrolAR
02-13-09, 20:15
What issues?

In the .40 Glocks (22 and 23 IIRC) people were having malfunctions when mounting light such as the X200/300 due to the weight inducing flex in the frame which was binding the gun up.

Tangy
02-13-09, 20:17
In the .40 Glocks (22 and 23 IIRC) people were having malfunctions when mounting light such as the X200/300 due to the weight inducing flex in the frame which was binding the gun up.
Thanks. I decided to use the search function after I posted that. :( Seems that my 9mm should be ok with the X300 I just bought. Whew!

dee loo
02-13-09, 20:17
The Lone Wolf frame is to retail around $200. Handled it at the SHOT show. Feels great. I have a G17 upper waiting for one as soon as its released.

KingsideRook
02-14-09, 00:51
The Lone Wolf frame is to retail around $200. Handled it at the SHOT show. Feels great. I have a G17 upper waiting for one as soon as its released.

I'll buy one or two of the G19 frames at that price. I hate the hump on the back of the stock gun, I've been shooting 1911s too long to easily retrain for the grip angle, but the G19 is just too good otherwise... Don't want to get a grip reduction, and I can keep the old frame intact just in case. I like this idea.

POF.Ops
02-14-09, 01:26
This is why I love GLOCKS. You can replace every piece of a GLOCK with a piece from a third-party vendor. It's still a GLOCK but really it isn't because all the parts have been replaced. You can Boast that you have a GLOCK but it's really not a GLOCK but really it is a GLOCK. That's why I love GLOCKS but I don't actually own a GLOCK anf if I did I would replace all the parts and it would still be a GLOCK. That's why I love GLOCKS because GLOCKS are GLOCKS and anybody who knows anything wants a GLOCK. That's why I want a GLOCK.

theJanitor
02-14-09, 03:11
the GLOCK comments are getting pretty old, dude.

G34Shooter
02-14-09, 12:39
the GLOCK comments are getting pretty old, dude.

Exactly... :rolleyes:

QuickStrike
02-14-09, 14:43
lol, why did they keep the finger grooves?!

tpd223
02-15-09, 04:54
"Over on the BrianEnos forum, there's quite a bit of talk about how the steel CCF frames are getting battered and need shock buffers."

They were designed from the start to be used with buffers.

The CCF lower I had ate buffers at an alarming rate.

The last I talked to Lone Wolf these were still in the prototype stage and it would be awhile before production/sales models or T&E samples would be available.

Ref the comment above; The Glock 9mms work fine with every available light on the market in my testing. The .40s not so much.
The X300 works great on my G17s.

Thomas M-4
09-14-09, 15:48
Any new info on the Lone Wolf Glock frames ?
Checked there web site not much info there.

M4arc
09-14-09, 17:12
Any new info on the Lone Wolf Glock frames ?
Checked there web site not much info there.

The thread over on GT simply stated that they had no new info but should soon. That was posted two months ago. I honestly think we'll see the prototype or pre-production Glock frame before we see the LW one.

htxred
09-14-09, 18:55
all my glocks that have modified frames are done by Dale Hunnicut of gripreductions, i know him personally and he does great work.

GLOCKMASTER
09-14-09, 18:57
If they would loose the finger grooves I might have an interest. I just took them off of all of my Glocks.

DacoRoman
09-14-09, 20:18
Where is the Lone Wolf stuff made? An acquaintance was telling me that the barrels and slides are made in China, is this true? How about the frame?

Thomas M-4
11-21-09, 00:04
Where is the Lone Wolf stuff made? An acquaintance was telling me that the barrels and slides are made in China, is this true? How about the frame?

To the best of my gumshoeing is that the slide and barrels are made in Korea.
The frame I have no idea.

olds442tyguy
11-21-09, 01:02
For what it's worth, they're supposed to have frames rolling out in late December.

Police trade ins are getting mighty cheap and this frame sure looks promising.

maximus83
11-21-09, 14:35
With a frame like the one that is picture in the o.p., a Glock MIGHT become a realistic option for me. It would depend on a couple of things: how it handles in that new frame, and how much the frame costs.

Thomas M-4
11-21-09, 16:01
I hope it doesn't require shock buffs like the CCF race frame.

DacoRoman
11-21-09, 20:09
To the best of my gumshoeing is that the slide and barrels are made in Korea.
The frame I have no idea.

Thanks for the info.

Are there any U.S. made aftermarket non-Glock Glock slides out there? Caspian?

Thomas M-4
11-21-09, 22:50
Thanks for the info.

Are there any U.S. made aftermarket non-Glock Glock slides out there? Caspian?

Caspian is US made I don't know if there are any others maybe some one can chime in if they know.

I hope it turns out to be a winner I might be in the market for a new handgun first of next year. Timber wolf complete lower frame caspian slide kkf or EFK firedragon barrel 10-8 sights;):cool:

KellyTTE
11-21-09, 23:53
SovT, I'm working on some slides for a project. I'll keep you posted as I make headway.

HK45
11-22-09, 11:30
You could buy a Glock and this frame...or you could buy an M&P and have the same and better.

Thomas M-4
11-22-09, 12:16
You could buy a Glock and this frame...or you could buy an M&P and have the same and better.

I have owned both Block 17 and S&W M&P the M&P no doubt is a good pistol with very good ergonomics . But I like the more positive trigger reset that the Glock provides. I hope that the Lone wolf frame continues this but with the good ergo of the M&P. Buy looking at the PICS of the timber wolf frame it looks like it would be possible to get a higher grip than even the M&P provides.

DacoRoman
11-22-09, 13:06
Thanks Thomas and Kelly for the responses; I'm looking forward to seeing what you produce Kelly.

I would like to put together an accurized "target" Glock 17, and a .40 cal G23 upper for a G19, but I think I'd strongly lean Caspian (or other US made product) and Caspian seems to unfortunately only make G22 slides.

Anyway that LW frame looks very promising (although ironically I'd probably want a "standard" rear strap), but I don't think I'd trust it for a carry gun until it has been out there for a few five years and has been properly scrutinized (did I mention I'm pretty conservative :o)

(p.s. as a quick aside who makes Robar's Glock Alloy Xtreme Slides)

Belloc
01-24-10, 07:14
Edit.

MAP
01-24-10, 11:51
How exactly does on go about switching frames?
Thanks.

All the Glock internal parts will drop in. I spent some time at SHOT handling the frame. I am very impressed. The frames are US made. An T&E run of frames should be available within several weeks.

Mike

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/MAP1911/IMG_0883.jpg

Belloc
01-24-10, 11:55
Edit.

bubba04
01-24-10, 14:55
Does anyone know how much this frame will cost?

wicked_police
01-24-10, 16:13
I heard in the $200 range at SHOT.

I handled it a bit as well, and think it feels really nice. They said the G19 sized frame will be a few months after the full-size.

Jay Cunningham
01-24-10, 16:16
Hmm... perhaps an option for the Gen 3 guns if someone also wants to buy a new Gen 4.

DacoRoman
01-24-10, 21:12
Thanks for the pic. Nice. But what I am curious about is, do you send your Glock to them, or do you have to go to a gun store and fill out the forms like you are purchasing a firearm?
Thanks.

Good question, will the frame constitute a firearm, have a serial number on it, and require an FFL for legal purchase? Or will it be legal to have an aftermarket frame with no serial number, so long as the slide has a serial number on it?

JohnN
06-24-10, 12:24
Just got an email informing me that these frames will be available shortly. Anyone have an opinion or have actually seen these?

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=80127&TERM=lwd-tim

C4IGrant
06-24-10, 12:38
Just got an email informing me that these frames will be available shortly. Anyone have an opinion or have actually seen these?

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=80127&TERM=lwd-tim

I think I looked at these during Shot. If they do not break, I think they will be very popular with folks (like me) that do not like the Glock grip.

C4

Surf
06-24-10, 12:42
I was getting ready to do my own grip reduction on my G35. I may hold off and try one of these out.

Joeywhat
06-24-10, 13:18
I might have to grab one of these and see how it runs. Will end up doing a grip chop to it. Totaled my factory Glock frame...so might as well see how this one runs.

I wonder if the backstraps will stay secure with a grip chop, or if they'll need to be permanently attached...

Chris17404
06-24-10, 14:54
Wow... if only they made a G19-size frame!!!

deuce9166
06-24-10, 15:21
I see these will be available soon. Anyone try one out yet? I have a spare G35 top end and I could use the frame.

TomD
06-24-10, 15:27
Received a notice from LW today that they will be taking orders 24 June with shipping starting 14 July @ $199.95. This is a serial numbered item so must be FFL transferred. Since I was notified, the info is probably on their site.

javentre
06-24-10, 15:36
Good question, will the frame constitute a firearm, have a serial number on it, and require an FFL for legal purchase?

Yes..

cynical
06-25-10, 10:29
So it's not completely drop-in with your existing parts. Per the Lone Wolf page (http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=80127&CAT=3168), you'll need to buy a SF frame trigger housing (http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=515&TERM=trigger%20ho). For $7.50 it's not a big deal, but I'd hate to see a project put on hold because someone missed the last line on the page and had to order a part separately.

Recent rumors said the reason for the latest delays was ATF getting picky at the last minute with the way the serial number plate was attached. Looks like they have that sorted out.

Now where's the G19?!!!

dojpros
06-25-10, 10:43
The should provide the SF piece as part of the package. Frame and the SF piece -one price.

Serpico1985
06-25-10, 11:49
So if you don't already own a glock you could pretty much build one off their website??? Has anyone ever done that?

If I wanted a glock with a threaded barrel and the lone wolf frame it seems it would be cheaper to build one off their website than buying a stock glock and replacing the frame and barrel.

I'm just wondering if anyone has done that before.

Narco
06-25-10, 13:12

There are plenty of departments that switch to a different handgun each time they go up for bid, obviously some of them will be switching away from Glock, especially when pricing is an issue for most departments right now.

2 Major agencies in LA just switch to Glock's from Sig..

East Baton Rouge Sheriff is going to the Gen 4 G22
and
Louisiana State Police, began issuing Gen 4 G22 sometime ago, with custom engravings..

SpookyPistolero
06-25-10, 15:50
Neat concept, I hadn't seen this before. It's kind of odd to me, though, that they opted to change the grip angle, and that they kept the finger grooves.

JohnN
06-26-10, 01:44
Neat concept, I hadn't seen this before. It's kind of odd to me, though, that they opted to change the grip angle, and that they kept the finger grooves.

True, with the amount of bitching about the finger grooves you would have thought they would have left them off.

mvician
07-23-10, 16:25
Prototype frame :cool:
Just got it assembled today.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/TimberWolf/TimberWolf012.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/TimberWolf/TimberWolf011.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/TimberWolf/TimberWolf009.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/TimberWolf/TimberWolf007.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/TimberWolf/TimberWolf004.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/TimberWolf/TimberWolf006.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/TimberWolf/TimberWolf013.jpg

M4arc
07-23-10, 17:14
What are your first impressions?

mvician
07-23-10, 17:33
What are your first impressions?

First impression......I like it :D

So far the most common complaint is the magwell is a bit too tight.
I haven't tried all my G17 mags yet but the 6 or so go like this.
Glock empty mags drop free, some loaded drop free, some loaded stick. A Khan mag loaded will seat with effort but is too tight.

Other than that assembly was normal, I used all new stock glock internals except for the Lightning Strike trigger.

Now if the temperature and humidity would drop down a bit :cool:

Serpico1985
07-23-10, 22:19
How many aftermarket parts do you have in that gun? Did you pretty much build up a a glock from new parts (slide, frame, barrel)?

Looks great btw.

mvician
07-23-10, 22:48
How many aftermarket parts do you have in that gun? Did you pretty much build up a a glock from new parts (slide, frame, barrel)?

Looks great btw.

Aftermarket parts are the LWD Timber Wolf frame, slide, barrel, Trijicon night sights, and Lightning Strike trigger. All the small parts are GLOCK. Had been collecting the parts since the frame was announced almost 2 years ago. The frames that are out now are the prototypes.

JohnN
07-24-10, 08:22
I thought the LWD slides had the bull nose modification? After looking at several pictures over the years I have seen them both ways.

Seraph
07-24-10, 11:26
That looks pretty nice. That interchangeable back strap treatment is what the clowns at Glock should have done (it's what I thought we'd be seeing on the Gen. 4 Glocks, but nooooo...). My first question is, will pistols built on this frame fit into holsters molded for factory Glock pistols? I can't tell from the pics whether that "multi-spec rail" will require a different holster.

mvician
07-24-10, 12:11
I thought the LWD slides had the bull nose modification? After looking at several pictures over the years I have seen them both ways.

This is an older slide, before the bull nose treatment. Like I said I've been collecting the parts for almost 2 years. The slide was NOS with a nice discounted price.

mvician
07-24-10, 12:21
That looks pretty nice. That interchangeable back strap treatment is what the clowns at Glock should have done (it's what I thought we'd be seeing on the Gen. 4 Glocks, but nooooo...). My first question is, will pistols built on this frame fit into holsters molded for factory Glock pistols? I can't tell from the pics whether that "multi-spec rail" will require a different holster.

It doesn't "snap" into a couple of custom kydex holsters I have, mainly because the way they are molded around the regular GLOCK trigger guard. It fits fine into the 4 different leather holsters I've tried it in, and "snaps" right into place on a G-Code holster.

The rail system is basically a regular GLOCK rail with 2 more slots in it.
It is not like the picatinny rail on the GLOCK 21SF

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/TimberWolf/TimberWolf017.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/TimberWolf/TimberWolf019.jpg

tpd223
07-24-10, 13:45
True, with the amount of bitching about the finger grooves you would have thought they would have left them off.

I like the finger groves, very much, always have. I guess the rest of ya'll will have to get out the sandpaper.

I'm really looking forward to getting one of these, some of our officers, and my wife, could use a shorter trigger reach/smaller grip.

DarwinsLilHelper
07-24-10, 14:34
I think the new frame looks great.

Now if LoneWolf would only quit stamping that stupid wolfs head, that looks like it was doodled by a third grader on the slides and barrels and just stamp their name on em discretely. So one could build a clean, unassuming, custom weapon without the drooling wolf cartoon crap stamped everywhere.

opmike
07-24-10, 16:27
I think the new frame looks great.

Now if LoneWolf would only quit stamping that stupid wolfs head, that looks like it was doodled by a third grader on the slides and barrels and just stamp their name on em discretely. So one could build a clean, unassuming, custom weapon without the drooling wolf cartoon crap stamped everywhere.

You don't have to have the logo on their barrels if you don't want them. I don't know about their other products.

mvician
07-25-10, 17:22
A couple of things I'd like to see....

a stronger mag release spring
a trimmed down trigger housing pin (could modify my own, no biggie)
a more positive method of backstrap retention, had it unseat itself during a mag change. Will try the foam tape idea.

Range session today consisted of 500 rounds of Winchester White Box 115gr.
Bag partially empty, 30 rounds of 5.56 mixed in bag from where I had emptied an AR mag.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/TimberWolf/IMAGE_025.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/TimberWolf/IMAGE_023.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/TimberWolf/IMAGE_021.jpg

0 stoppages, 0 failures, 500 flawless rounds down range.

Started off on the 50 yard range since it was empty. Sent 100 rounds down range into the backstop for function.

Next moved to the 25 yard range dug a used target out of the garbage can so that I had something to shoot at besides a piece of 4 x 8 particle board. :lol:

Shot that up, and pulled out a paper plate and proceeded to fill it full of holes.

Showed off the Timber Wolf framed GLOCK 17 to a few guys who showed up at the 25 yrd range. They weren't familiar with GLOCKs but liked it.

Had one mag left to shoot when another guy showed up and asked what I was shooting and he showed me his new FN 5.7 pistol. It still had the tags on it. He went back to his bench and took the tags off, loaded a mag, stood up to shoot and FLINCH, click. He fumbled around a bit and sat down, pulled the mag out, racked the slide, picked up the cartridge. You could tell he wasn't familiar with it at all. I shot my last mag and left.

As I was leaving the first guy I had talked to said "you sure dug a nice hole in the dirt behind the target".

Next session will try my 34 slide and LWD slide.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/TimberWolf/TimberWolf030.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/TimberWolf/TimberWolf025.jpg

JonnyVain
07-26-10, 18:00
Wow... if only they made a G19-size frame!!!

Coming soon... late this year early next.

This may sway to to a Glock over a CZ.

M4arc
08-07-10, 08:34
mcivian,

How's the LW frame holding up? I was reading JR's thread on GT and it sounded like there are a few issues with the "prototype" frames but I take everything with a grain of salt over there.

A few quick questions:
Is your frame considered a prototype?
Are the "production" frames out yet?
Will there be a program for those that purchased prototype frames to trade up or exchange for a production frame?

mvician
08-07-10, 12:04
mcivian,

How's the LW frame holding up? I was reading JR's thread on GT and it sounded like there are a few issues with the "prototype" frames but I take everything with a grain of salt over there.

Mine is doing just fine, put another 250 through it

A few quick questions:
Is your frame considered a prototype? yes
Are the "production" frames out yet? no
Will there be a program for those that purchased prototype frames to trade up or exchange for a production frame? ? hasn't been mentioned that I can remember.

:dirol:

eternal24k
08-10-10, 17:46
looking forward to the 19 frame

Thomas M-4
11-15-10, 09:47
Any more updates ?
How are the frames holding up?

Edit Never mind just read the date on the last post.