PDA

View Full Version : Kofi Anan dies.

Averageman
08-18-18, 08:02
https://apnews.com/b36471b5018640379c5d431ea0738ef5/Former-UN-Secretary-General-Kofi-Annan-dies-at-age-80

Kofi Annan, one of the world’s most celebrated diplomats and a charismatic symbol of the United Nations who rose through its ranks to become the first black African secretary-general, has died. He was 80.

I do believe it was during his tenure that the UN got in the banning private citizens from owning guns business.
Yup, I do believe so

The UN conference “provided an opportunity for participating countries to review their progress and reaffirm a commitment made in 2001 to limit the illicit trade of small arms and light weapons,” according to politifact.
Politifact also claimed, “Caroline Dorminey, a policy analyst with the Cato Institute and an expert with the Forum on the Arms Trade, explained that the U.N. program focuses on the illegal flow of small arms and light weapons, meaning any subsequent measures enacted by the United States would not violate Second or Tenth Amendment rights.” Adding,
“‘The purpose of the Third Review Conference is to make progress on stopping the illicit trade of small arms and light weapons,’ Dorminey wrote in an email. ‘The trade being targeted in particular is dispersion/diversion — especially across borders — that fuels black markets and conflict in unstable regions.'”
“‘Any measures enacted by the UN program would not infringe on Second or Tenth Amendment rights because they are inherently focused on illicit trade — not the legal trade within American borders that those amendments provide the basis for.'”
However, the wording here is suspicious.
The Third Review Conference for the UN’s Programme of Action on Small Arms and Light Weapons concluded at the end of June. Apparently, American ‘representatives’ at the conference agreed to begin developing ‘legal frameworks’ (generally, laws and regulations) that will enforce “proper management” of “small arms and light weapons” stockpiles.

Mr. Goodtimes
08-18-18, 08:34
Good riddance. May he burn well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Straight Shooter
08-18-18, 09:03
Anti American POS. GOOD RIDDANCE.

docsherm
08-18-18, 09:26
And the world is a better place now.

SteyrAUG
08-18-18, 14:40