PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own the Springfield Saint Edge?

Balthezor
08-18-18, 12:50
Would like your thoughts on it. I have been researching the internet for my first AR. I saw this but not many comments or reviews on it.

Thank you.

GH41
08-18-18, 14:25
Would like your thoughts on it. I have been researching the internet for my first AR. I saw this but not many comments or reviews on it.

Thank you.

You aren't gonna get much love for an unproven rifle here. If you have any friends now you won't after shooting it in mixed company. That 3 gun comp will be loud. The lightened receiver is a liability not an enhancement. Go to Grants site and pick out a BCM lower and to BCM's site and pick out an upper. Either vender will let you mix and match parts. You will end up with a fully vetted rifle for 300 bucks more than the Saint.

Vegasshooter
08-18-18, 15:28
^^^^^ This is good advise. Springfield survives on a name alone anymore. Don’t waste your time or money. With Colts going for what they are, BCM’s being more affordable now, I see less than zero reason to go after a “Saint.”
The parts are not to spec, and I can’t see spending that money and not getting the KNOWN quantity of some other guns mentioned.

Pappabear
08-18-18, 16:17
My friend bought one.

He isn’t my friend anymore.

Not because he bought a saint, but because he’s an idiot.

However, I still consider the two linked.

Laugh my Mother fkn ass off. Euro , you are pure entertainment.

This forum in general will advise,

Colt
LMT
Sionics
Daniel Defense
BCM

Thats enough good options to find everything you need.