PDA

View Full Version : LaRue MBT long term/high round count use?

08-20-18, 21:59
I've been researching triggers for the past few days and the LaRue MBTs really have my attention.

One thing though. I see many initial reviews that are overwhelmingly positive, but no reports from users who subject them to hard use or high round counts.

I've seen cheaper two stage triggers go to mush fairly quickly, and I would expect more from LaRue as they're generally regarded as making quality equipment, but why are they blowing these out for $87??

joeg26er
08-20-18, 22:07
I’m guessing that the ar market is soft and they need cash flow
Also could be they’re going to come out with a flat trigger model?

Biggy
08-20-18, 22:35
Larue was up to 145,000 cycles of machine testing on the MBT trigger, and that was over three years ago. I have not heard of any problems with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0LF_bZnOz0

ccosby
08-20-18, 23:04
Larue will warranty them if they manage to fail(at least the original owner). That being said the only time I've heard of them failing were in sig mpx sbrs. That gun is mean on triggers. That being said I have one in mine with a few thousand rounds on it and it hasn't failed yet.

I think I saw another one where it was messing up but it ended up being a blown primer that got stuck in it.

As far as the price goes? Its a secondary market for larue and they made an entire section of their mfg capacity to making them. Long term I think they are trying to get a good part of companies like geissele's business. They have sold over 40k of the triggers so they are selling. The gun market has been down so Larue is trying to keep the machines going.

Anyway my personal experience is excellent with the triggers. Some of the nicer geissele triggers are better in my mind(have some geissele two stage and timney one stage triggers). For the price difference though I don't think the geissele is worth it. I think of it kinda like diminishing returns. Once you get to a good trigger going better doesn't really give you much. I just think these triggers are very hard to beat for the money.

Now unless larue decides to make triggers for other types of guns geissele is still my go to. The scar comes to mind(the geissele trigger is so much better than the stock one).

PrarieDog
08-20-18, 23:56
Larue is good stuff and his prices are coming in line with the current market. Part of it is keeping the machines running and people employed. Also it opens people to buy other Larue products. Correct me if I am wrong but Larue also has a divorce to pay for and his pricing changes seemed to coincide with the finalization of the papers. Read into it what you will, but a great product by a great company. For the price of the trigger you will pay a lot more to just get a little better. Larue has also been around longer than some of these other companies so they are not the hot new item. When his products hit the market they were new and others followed. There are other great companies out there making a great product, Larues prices have just gotten better and may be taking some business out of the botuqie AR market.

08-20-18, 23:58
Don't let the price fool you. LaRue is quirky with his sales. I've been on board with Geissele triggers since they first came out and have a variety of them. I also have a bunch of MBTs. You cannot beat $87 with a stick right now. I would jump on it.
Hard use? I've fired thousands through my duty SBR and have taken it to classes. Good enough for me short of blowing the rifle up "just to see".

08-21-18, 07:50
That's what I looking for, reports from guys who have taken them to high round counts.

vandal5
08-23-18, 05:03
Hard use? I've fired thousands through my duty SBR and have taken it to classes. Good enough for me short of blowing the rifle up "just to see".

Just wondering if you are using the heavier spring in your SBR? I was thinking of picking up a 2nd MBT for my SBR but installing with the heavier spring.

Sent from my PIP-BOY 3000 using Tapatalk

WS6
08-23-18, 06:51
Just wondering if you are using the heavier spring in your SBR? I was thinking of picking up a 2nd MBT for my SBR but installing with the heavier spring.

I much prefer the heavy spring. It's more consistent feeling, to me.

bobbytucson
08-26-18, 12:44
i absolutely love the mbt. its a serious trigger especially for the money. id take it over any giesselle any day personally. i love its wall when you hit the 2nd stage, i love the break of the stage, and i love the wide and flat surface of it, i can really get on it. many matches through it and no issues

08-27-18, 01:32

Negative. I’m using the normal spring. I’m good at where it breaks right now.

08-27-18, 09:10
I put one in last week and I like it. I used the regular spring that was on it and it's light, but it has enough pre-travel that I don't forsee any issues with doubling or ND. All my pistols are 3.5-4lbs, so not much difference.

Grendelsnap
08-27-18, 13:35
I have three of them at this point. Two in the 6920's and one in a custom build. All have been excellent. One has about 2500 rounds through it and the trigger just get's better with use.