PDA

View Full Version : Brownells Edge

Wake27
08-23-18, 21:47
The program has been around for a while but I figured it deserved a shout out. Shipping to HI is stupid expensive and slow unless it’s USPS flat rate. A lot of companies now a days only ship via UPS or FEDEX and ground shipping here can typically take three weeks and cost $30 for a standard package. I’ve been an Edge member ever since it was introduced and it’s been fantastic. Free return shipping has come in handy a few times but the biggest perk is the free shipping, especially for those smaller items. They almost always get packages to me in about a week and unlike Amazon, the expedited shipping actually gets delivered on time. I’ve paid the $10 (I think) for two day shipping a few times and it’s always come when expected so the fact that they recently upgraded to free two day shipping is great. Late Tuesday night, I placed an order for hurricane supplies as Lane actually looks like it might hit us. Amazon’s $20 two day shipping for an emergency radio wasn’t going to be delivered until the second week of September. Brownells Edge (and FedEx) came through on the radio and several other things. $20 to ship all this via ground is a bargain out here, overnight is just solid.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180824/a42d4cc858ea5c534ed4fe3a654c51ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LowSpeed_HighDrag
08-24-18, 14:01
That's awesome man. I always thought HI was safe from hurricanes. Stay safe and dry brother!

Campbell
08-24-18, 20:54
I’m not familiar with the edge program, but have found Brownells to be GTG in all things.... safety to you and yours through the storm.

Wake27
08-24-18, 21:41
I’m not familiar with the edge program, but have found Brownells to be GTG in all things.... safety to you and yours through the storm.

Appreciate it guys, it’s pretty much dead already. Someone got hurt in a fire and there was a fatal car accident, but those are the only real serious things I’ve heard about.

Edge is basically Brownell’s version of Amazon Prime. I think it’s $50-60 a year but has free two day shipping and $20 overnight shipping. And that goes for just about anything they sell as far as I know. They also do some early access to sales and Edge member only deals. Definitely worth it if you order small items every now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fledge
08-24-18, 22:08
Curious what deals they have. Seems they patterned it after Rainier Arms Apex program. With Apex everything is basically on sale all the time with free 2-day shipping.

The Edge looks good on shipping but is there any ongoing discount across the board? Or are Edge users using the same discounts they send to everyone in the mail?

Wake27
08-24-18, 23:25
Curious what deals they have. Seems they patterned it after Rainier Arms Apex program. With Apex everything is basically on sale all the time with free 2-day shipping.

The Edge looks good on shipping but is there any ongoing discount across the board? Or are Edge users using the same discounts they send to everyone in the mail?

I think it actually came out before Apex, I was debating the Rainier thing but didn't try it because I had just subscribed to Edge. There isn't a set discount code, Brownells just send out emails every now and then with a link to an early access deal on something typically.