PDA

View Full Version : Gab (Social Network) - anyone try it?

FlyingHunter
08-25-18, 20:22
From Wikipedia:

Gab was created in August 2016 as an alternative to the popular social network Twitter. Founder and CEO Andrew Torba cited "the entirely left-leaning Big Social monopoly" as part of the inspiration for Gab, which he created "after reading reports that Facebook employees suppress conservative articles". Torba said in November that the site's user base had expanded significantly following censorship controversies involving major social media companies, including the permanent suspensions from Twitter of several prominent alt-right accounts.

Gab website:

https://gab.ai

Gab is an ad-free social network dedicated to preserving individual liberty, the freedom of speech, and the free flow of information on the internet. A free and open internet is essential to the future of a free world. Freedom is creative. It produces. It generates. From freedom flows truth, beauty, wisdom, and growth.

Censorship and closed systems are ultimately about two things: destruction and control. Censorship does not create value, it annihilates it. It corrals human thought into the direction of its choosing. It attempts to bend the global consciousness to its will. This has always historically been the case. Censorship is nothing new.

Recent news, August 19th, 2018:

Microsoft has threatened to cease hosting services for the alt-right social network Gab over two anti-Semitic posts, according to an email published by Gab founder Andrew Torba. The email claims the posts violate Microsoft policy and requests that Gab “promptly take appropriate action to resolve the complaint…within two business days” or hosting service will be suspended. If Gab is forced off Azure, Torba says service “will go down for weeks/months” as the company secures a new provider.

AKDoug
08-25-18, 22:17
Two anti-Semitic posts? I stumbled across a half dozen pro-Nazi anti-Semitic posts in the first couple minute. I perused a few of the more innocent groups and there's not much to see due to the limited amount of users. The politics group is pretty out there...

I think I regret checking it out...

SteyrAUG
08-26-18, 01:36
Two anti-Semitic posts? I stumbled across a half dozen pro-Nazi anti-Semitic posts in the first couple minute. I perused a few of the more innocent groups and there's not much to see due to the limited amount of users. The politics group is pretty out there...

I think I regret checking it out...

Usually happens. People create a Libertarian idea "free forum" and the first thing that happens is the 88 brigade shows up and does their best to turn it into Stormfront.

Years ago when we I was part of FullAuto.com we did the who "free expression" thing but clamped down on specific racial, religious hatred nonsense and it worked for awhile. Then little by little it got infiltrated by the 88s until the owner shut it down. Nobody wants a forum dedicated to select fire weapons populated by that group. The SPLC lives for that kind of shit.

We tried it once again with FullAuto.org and we managed to get a decent thing going for a couple of years, but eventually the tards win. 95% of the community can be in full control of what they post and love the "mostly free environment" where almost nothing is restricted, but 5% just can't stop themselves from pulling out their penis on the bus and screwing it up for everyone else. And nobody wants to be on that bus.

Biggy
09-05-18, 11:35
Adding bypass. It WORKS!! I have a whole new news feed. I’m seeing posts from people I haven’t seen in years.
Here’s how to bypass the system biased FB now has in place that limits posts on your news feed.
Their new algorithm chooses the same few people - about 25 - who will read your posts. Therefore,
Hold your finger down anywhere in this post and "copy" will pop up. Click "copy". Then go to your page, start a new post and put your finger anywhere in the blank field. "Paste" will pop up and click paste.
This will bypass the system.
Thank you It WORKS!!

kerplode
09-05-18, 12:41
Or you could just not use FB and lead a happier life...

Waylander
09-05-18, 13:07
Adding bypass. It WORKS!! I have a whole new news feed. I’m seeing posts from people I haven’t seen in years.
Here’s how to bypass the system biased FB now has in place that limits posts on your news feed.
Their new algorithm chooses the same few people - about 25 - who will read your posts. Therefore,
Hold your finger down *anywhere in this post* and "copy" will pop up. Click "copy". Then go to your page, start a new post and put your finger anywhere in the blank field. "Paste" will pop up and click paste.
This will bypass the system.
Thank you It WORKS!!

Can you explain a little further? I'm not following. What exactly are you copying and pasting on your own wall?

AKDoug
09-05-18, 15:30
Or you could just not use FB and lead a happier life...

I wash happier before the internet.. but here we are.

kwelz
09-05-18, 20:00
Usually happens. People create a Libertarian idea "free forum" and the first thing that happens is the 88 brigade shows up and does their best to turn it into Stormfront.

Years ago when we I was part of FullAuto.com we did the who "free expression" thing but clamped down on specific racial, religious hatred nonsense and it worked for awhile. Then little by little it got infiltrated by the 88s until the owner shut it down. Nobody wants a forum dedicated to select fire weapons populated by that group. The SPLC lives for that kind of shit.

We tried it once again with FullAuto.org and we managed to get a decent thing going for a couple of years, but eventually the tards win. 95% of the community can be in full control of what they post and love the "mostly free environment" where almost nothing is restricted, but 5% just can't stop themselves from pulling out their penis on the bus and screwing it up for everyone else. And nobody wants to be on that bus.

It is a common trend among the gun communities. Hell we even see bits and pieces of it here. A place that advertises no rules is going to be worse by an order of magnitude..

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-06-18, 12:17
I went to Gab today to check it out. First thing that came up was white supremacist BS. I'll pass.