PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville attack

Sam
08-26-18, 13:54
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/26/mass-shooting-reported-at-jacksonville-landing-police-say.html

Just broke.

FlyingHunter
08-26-18, 14:08
Early reports can be inaccurate but the local news station reports:

4 dead, 11 wounded in mass shooting at Jacksonville Landing
Police say 1 suspect is dead near scene at Chicago Pizza

docsherm
08-26-18, 14:10
Can you CCW in FL at a bar?

AKDoug
08-26-18, 14:28
Can you CCW in FL at a bar?

You can if its a restaurant that serves alcohol, which most pizza joints are.

C-grunt
08-26-18, 14:29
I'm hearing from locals online that some outlets are reporting it was a player who lost that started shooting people.

Furbyballer
08-26-18, 14:32
I'm hearing from locals online that some outlets are reporting it was a player who lost that started shooting people.Confirmed. Heard the same things from all my friends still living there. I just left jax 3 months ago. I also trained with jax swat guys. Mike must be leading the response because Jared tore his pec and is down until surgery.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

C-grunt
08-26-18, 14:38
There is a stream video from the tournament that shows a laser flash across a players chest, the video cuts, then 12 shots are heard. Crazy. Hope that dude is okay.

Ron3
08-26-18, 17:14
Sometimes gambling leads to shooting.

Whether it's cards in 1868 or interactive electronic football in 2018.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-26-18, 20:33
Banning lasers in 3, 2, 1....

SomeOtherGuy
08-26-18, 21:12
More:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-26/4-dead-11-wounded-mass-shooting-during-madden-2019-tournament-jacksonville

Alleged, and deceased, shooter looks like a real whiny POS in photos.

Ron3
08-26-18, 21:13
It's been mentioned (and I saw a picture) the facility has many lights/lasers in the ceiling and is a club-type environment. The "Laser" (air quotes) may have just been lighting effects, not an aiming device.

Honu
08-26-18, 21:21
good thing it was a gun free zone !

ahhh todays youth with participation trophies no respect can do what they want act how they want then indoctrinated to hate authority and taught to defy parents cause they are stupid

its working out so awesome for society

and why does the left hate homeschooling so so so so much !!!

CPM
08-26-18, 21:26
Florida: America’s disgusting sweaty nutsack filled wth trash.

AndyLate
08-27-18, 07:09

Suspect is from Baltimore, MD.

Edit - Was from Baltimore - is no more.

Andy

WillBrink
08-27-18, 07:55

Check yourself.

CPM
08-27-18, 08:19
Suspect is from Baltimore, MD.

Andy

I just returned from a vacation in the Keys. My opinion is unchanged and was formed before this event happened. Florida is a shithole. Also has dinosaurs.

WillBrink
08-27-18, 08:24
I just returned from a vacation in the Keys. My opinion is unchanged and was formed before this event happened. Florida is a shithole. Also has dinosaurs.

A vacation to the keys clearly makes you an SME on Florida. It's one thing to call specific cities chit holes, like many in TX, it's another to label an entire state as such. FL has it's +/- as they all do. My visits to TX for example did not leave wanting to live there, though I don't claim to have seen all of it.

duece71
08-27-18, 08:34
The live feed audio was very sad. Prayers for all of the families.

Sam
08-27-18, 08:57
So we have a nut job that played video games with fake electronic "gun", lost a big tournament and started killing people with a real gun. That we all agree is horrible.

I've shot IPSC, USPSA, IDPA for 30 years, on rough estimate over 450 matches. I've won some small matches, came in first and second in my class/division a bunch, and didn't finish anywhere near the 10 in a bunch more. I never had the urge to harm my fellow competitors or the winners, and neither did thousand of others who didn't come close to winning. What resulted was lifelong friendships, comraderie, fun, learning and gaining experiences.

So that's the difference between real "shooters" and the rest of the population.

Adrenaline_6
08-27-18, 09:09
So we have a nut job that played video games with fake electronic "gun", lost a big tournament and started killing people with a real gun. That we all agree is horrible.

I've shot IPSC, USPSA, IDPA for 30 years, on rough estimate over 450 matches. I've won some small matches, came in first and second in my class/division a bunch, and didn't finish anywhere near the 10 in a bunch more. I never had the urge to harm my fellow competitors or the winners, and neither did thousand of others who didn't come close to winning. What resulted was lifelong friendships, comraderie, fun, learning and gaining experiences.

So that's the difference between real "shooters" and the rest of the population.

It was Madden football. He wasn't a shooter in any way.

Sam
08-27-18, 09:26
That's even worse.

Arik
08-27-18, 10:05
Did he shoot the same day he lost? If so seems like premeditated.

Been to FL a few times. Miami, Hollandale, Ft. Lauderdale, keys. I liked it

WillBrink
08-27-18, 10:57

Not that you ever would, but I think the fact the knowledge you'd be burned down by fellow competitors in seconds factors into such decisions, even with nut bags. Case in point, when has such an event happened at a gun show? All those guns, some how were/are not the catalyst for an idea to start killing people. Gee, I wonder why?! Statistically speaking, I suspect one can't be much safer than at a gun show or a IPSC, USPSA, IDPA match for that matter.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-27-18, 11:08
Camp Perry. All those 'losers' walking around with High-Power, long range, hi-cap rifles......

The more and more I look at it, I think that Jordan Peterson is onto something with his line of thought that we are trying to change male behavior, but not paying any attention to the underlying brain chemistry and innate behaviors. This is critical when you are talking about the 12-22 age bracket where the brain can't fully function on risk-reward and is inherently narcissistic and nihilistic.

We are trying to make boys act like girls and not act out their low level aggressions and deal with the reality of dominance hierarchies. Girls are HORRIBLE to each other, but they lack the actual strength and power to physically do the damage that boys can. Boys also have an inherent ability to violence, and when you try to push that down and out- it ends up ballooning out is ways that can be tragic.

We don't have a gun problem. We have a violence problem that main stream society is trying to sweep under the rug. That is an incredible detriment to young boys- especially ones with out proper guidance, role models and support.

You think this guy would have been deterred by gun laws? He's a couple of bike lock chains and a can of gas away from a real high body count.

TAZ
08-27-18, 12:19
Did he shoot the same day he lost? If so seems like premeditated.

Been to FL a few times. Miami, Hollandale, Ft. Lauderdale, keys. I liked it

From what I’ve managed to put together, he got eliminated somehow got a gun into a gun free zone and shot people starting with the guy who win the tourney last year. Assuming it was the guy who eliminated him. No idea yet on time lapse between loosing and shooting.

This will drop from the news in 3,2,1 cause it sounds like he used a handgun, which at age 20 he shouldn’t have been able to purchase nor buy any ammo for cause he’s not 21. While they will cry a bit, it’s hard to argue that one more law would have changed this.

I’ll wager he had his ego all fluffed up by the media, yes they actually have media commentators for these stupid tournaments. It’s like they are pretending it’s an actual sport. Probably made some bets that he couldn’t cover. Or he’s just a plane nut job that couldn’t deal with loosing after being fluffed up.

Florida is pretty much the definition of a sweaty nutsack. EVERY time I go there on vacation, my sack and every other part of me is dripping with sweat. Aside from that it’s like any other place in the country. Shit happens sometimes.

CPM
08-27-18, 12:27
A vacation to the keys clearly makes you an SME on Florida. It's one thing to call specific cities chit holes, like many in TX, it's another to label an entire state as such. FL has it's +/- as they all do. My visits to TX for example did not leave wanting to live there, though I don't claim to have seen all of it.

While I totally agree that there are thousands, of not hundreds of thousands of complete dickheads in Texas, there is nearly zero comparison between the two states. Florida is a few voting cycles away from being the next New York.

AndyLate
08-27-18, 14:10
This will drop from the news in 3,2,1 cause it sounds like he used a handgun, which at age 20 he shouldn’t have been able to purchase nor buy any ammo for cause he’s not 21. While they will cry a bit, it’s hard to argue that one more law would have changed this.

They will drag out the tired old "Gun Show Loophole" and "High Capacity Clip" talking points, followed by that non-specific old stand by "Common Sense Gun Laws".

Andy

WillBrink
08-27-18, 14:28
While I totally agree that there are thousands, of not hundreds of thousands of complete dickheads in Texas, there is nearly zero comparison between the two states. Florida is a few voting cycles away from being the next New York.

Not comparing the two, just stating the obvious regardless of the state. On FL, I moved from the People's Republic of MA in large part (in addition to the weather, taxes, Massholes, etc) to get away from the politics of the place, only to find as you say "... is a few voting cycles away from being the next New York" which is due in large part from all the A holes from NY moving to FL! That does not make me happy. We will see how long it takes them to ruin the state but Southern FL does not represent most of FL just as NYC does not represent most of NY state as to how people feel.

platoonDaddy
08-27-18, 14:42
They will drag out the tired old "Gun Show Loophole" and "High Capacity Clip" talking points, followed by that non-specific old stand by "Common Sense Gun Laws".

Andy

Just heard the FBI state that he legally purchased the firearms in MD. In MD when you purchase a regulated firearm, you take possession on the 8th day.

Arik
08-27-18, 15:15
Just heard the FBI state that he legally purchased the firearms in MD. In MD when you purchase a regulated firearm, you take possession on the 8th day.So this means he brought it with him, ilegally I presume. Wonder if he was planning this

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

moonshot
08-27-18, 15:43
Camp Perry. All those 'losers' walking around with High-Power, long range, hi-cap rifles......

The more and more I look at it, I think that Jordan Peterson is onto something with his line of thought that we are trying to change male behavior, but not paying any attention to the underlying brain chemistry and innate behaviors. This is critical when you are talking about the 12-22 age bracket where the brain can't fully function on risk-reward and is inherently narcissistic and nihilistic.

We are trying to make boys act like girls and not act out their low level aggressions and deal with the reality of dominance hierarchies. Girls are HORRIBLE to each other, but they lack the actual strength and power to physically do the damage that boys can. Boys also have an inherent ability to violence, and when you try to push that down and out- it ends up ballooning out is ways that can be tragic.

We don't have a gun problem. We have a violence problem that main stream society is trying to sweep under the rug. That is an incredible detriment to young boys- especially ones with out proper guidance, role models and support.

You think this guy would have been deterred by gun laws? He's a couple of bike lock chains and a can of gas away from a real high body count.

Very well put, especialy the part I bolded.

RetroRevolver77
08-27-18, 16:05
Dare I say, this is what happens to a generation of children where everyone gets a trophy until they actually go to a competition where not everyone gets a trophy.

moonshot
08-27-18, 16:42
Dare I say, this is what happens to a generation of children where everyone gets a trophy until they actually go to a competition where not everyone gets a trophy.

Another very well put.

This guy might have gone postal regardless of how he was raised, but certainly we are dealing with a generation of young adults who, as children were not taught how to handle losing and rejection (among other things they were not taught, such as history, tolerence and the bill of rights, but I digress).

platoonDaddy
08-27-18, 18:53
His mental issues didn't meet the bar for being disqualified.

Florida gunman who killed 2 gamers had history of mental illness: court records

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-news-suspect-video-game-shooting-20180827-story.html

titsonritz
08-28-18, 01:51
His mental issues didn't meet the bar for being disqualified.

Florida gunman who killed 2 gamers had history of mental illness: court records

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-news-suspect-video-game-shooting-20180827-story.html

Bullshit, its the guns. :angry: