PDA

View Full Version : Green Eotech

Walker_Texasranger
08-26-18, 19:25
Looks like they are available for order now. What do y’all think? I like eotechs because they are the clearest image with my astigmatism. (May need a prescription update too) Green is supposed to possibly help with this too, easier to pick up, less fatigue, etc.

The con is 600hr battery life.

Wake27
08-26-18, 19:42
Looks like they are available for order now. What do y’all think? I like eotechs because they are the clearest image with my astigmatism. (May need a prescription update too) Green is supposed to possibly help with this too, easier to pick up, less fatigue, etc.

The con is 600hr battery life.

That’s the same battery life they’ve always had so no difference there. I would like to try one of these, it’s widely accepted for lasers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walker_Texasranger
08-26-18, 19:54
That’s the same battery life they’ve always had so no difference there. I would like to try one of these, it’s widely accepted for lasers.

I saw a video with an eotech rep and the old ones were 900 hours or something but are now 2500 or 3500.

So that’s a huge difference between the green and red. But I think I’ll give one a go. Midway has a good price on them.

Wake27
08-26-18, 23:10
I saw a video with an eotech rep and the old ones were 900 hours or something but are now 2500 or 3500.

So that’s a huge difference between the green and red. But I think I’ll give one a go. Midway has a good price on them.

The double AA models can have up to 1,000 hours with lithium batteries, 600 with alkaline. The CR123 models are only 600. I'm not aware of and have never heard of any of their sights having more than that.

Watrdawg
08-27-18, 07:03
I see green a lot better than red. My fiber optic sights on my shotguns and bow are green. If they come with red I switch them out first thing. A green Eotech is very intriguing. Will definitely give it a look.

Walker_Texasranger
08-27-18, 07:06
The double AA models can have up to 1,000 hours with lithium batteries, 600 with alkaline. The CR123 models are only 600. I'm not aware of and have never heard of any of their sights having more than that.

https://youtu.be/on0VWe3m2uc

mebiuspower
08-27-18, 08:29

From SHOT 2018.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/eotech-battery-life.jpg

Wake27
08-27-18, 14:06
Has anyone seen those yet? I checked their website yesterday before posting and there was no mention of battery life like that in any of the product descriptions.

Doc Safari
08-27-18, 14:25
Would love to see a reticle pic posted. The ones posted in Google images are pretty cruddy.

mebiuspower
08-27-18, 14:45
SHOT 2018:

https://instagram.fykz1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/5441e5a04ae9b1b5a4dc3db8c72ec0b3/5C2DFC4B/t51.2885-15/e35/26288128_1836110843085992_7555168389325389824_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=AeG2c_0a42BcIyftDuK0Lqv7CdgL_rxOt1bB0yTWfdAY4eTtCTaVfXA01S6bYrAtjRGOExx1dAPOPiu588zP3pGGQuzj6KGf5was3iqet7ET6w

https://instagram.fykz1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/ec8ccceb51add6025dc94a0240cd0ece/5C1B26DA/t51.2885-15/e35/26370968_198800374033308_6511433723706081280_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=AeExT8DAnkpmeSMy2GCa6pbEmXTILFVfZTrd1ODApnRR48PfV0Z0RMSAY9Je8ACNvY4U34oc9bSm97QoHDP23QGCaal8n4ZbG7XcCsdZwyCFzw

Doc Safari
08-27-18, 15:07
For the last few years I've been leery of Eotech due to their infamous issues, but dang that reticle makes me want one.

I haven't kept up with the scuttlebutt. Are Eotechs mostly GTG now or are they still sort of frowned upon?

Are some models better than others?

Wake27
08-27-18, 15:58
For the last few years I've been leery of Eotech due to their infamous issues, but dang that reticle makes me want one.

I haven't kept up with the scuttlebutt. Are Eotechs mostly GTG now or are they still sort of frowned upon?

Definitely still frowned upon by a lot of people because of what happened. Not sure where the products stand - I’ve seen plenty of people claiming that they’ve had no issues with the newer models, but I’ve also seen some people claim that there are still problems. Personally I haven’t seen any proof of problems arising and one of the guys that said they’re still having issues works for Aimpoint I believe.

Ryno12
08-27-18, 17:19
I’m curious as to how well, or how poorly, the green reticle can be picked up with a background predominately covered with foliage.

docsherm
08-27-18, 19:51

They are fine. Even the "issues" they had were pretty much BS that got spun up by the internet. The issue they had would only affect about 1% of the people that actually used them.

Mr. Goodtimes
08-27-18, 21:28
They are fine. Even the "issues" they had were pretty much BS that got spun up by the internet. The issue they had would only affect about 1% of the people that actually used them.

This FTW. My 512 never gave any issues whatsoever. Great optic, great reticle. OP id probably opt for the red reticle.

WTF?Shane
08-28-18, 01:36
I’m curious as to how well, or how poorly, the green reticle can be picked up with a background predominately covered with foliage.

Make the reticle brighter.

mebiuspower
08-28-18, 08:33
Definitely still frowned upon by a lot of people because of what happened. Not sure where the products stand - I’ve seen plenty of people claiming that they’ve had no issues with the newer models, but I’ve also seen some people claim that there are still problems. Personally I haven’t seen any proof of problems arising and one of the guys that said they’re still having issues works for Aimpoint I believe.

They've reworked the sights from inside out. If you compare the late 2017/2018 production Eotech to one from 2007, even the housing are made of different type of plastic.

Wake27
08-28-18, 13:53
They've reworked the sights from inside out. If you compare the late 2017/2018 production Eotech to one from 2007, even the housing are made of different type of plastic.

I'm not saying that they didn't make them better, just that a lot of people still don't like them. I've always been an EOTech fan purely because of the reticle.

mebiuspower
08-29-18, 08:48
I'm not saying that they didn't make them better, just that a lot of people still don't like them. I've always been an EOTech fan purely because of the reticle.

You have to understand that majority of people don't understand how optics work (ask me how I know this). Thermal drift is not a problem exclusive on Eotech but optics in general.

It still offers various advantages over LED. Such as having the front glass completely destroyed and still works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92C06xwj-n8

Ryno12
08-29-18, 09:13
Make the reticle brighter.

Not sure that would help much if the background & reticle colors are the same.

I guess it just depends on the use of the optic & the location.

I like the appearance of the green reticle but I’ll have to stick with the red.

Wake27
08-29-18, 13:38
You have to understand that majority of people don't understand how optics work (ask me how I know this). Thermal drift is not a problem exclusive on Eotech but optics in general.

It still offers various advantages over LED. Such as having the front glass completely destroyed and still works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92C06xwj-n8

Not sure why you’re still trying to convince me that they’re good optics.

Butch
08-29-18, 21:01
My EOTech is my favorite optic. I shoot the best with it. Never the "problems" anyone has parroted. Most of the naysayers probably never owned one but thought they sounded cool on the Internet.

I said this before, if I HAD to sell my EOTech or Aimpoint, it's bye bye to the Aimpoint.

ccosby
08-29-18, 22:36
My EOTech is my favorite optic. I shoot the best with it. Never the "problems" anyone has parroted. Most of the naysayers probably never owned one but thought they sounded cool on the Internet.

I said this before, if I HAD to sell my EOTech or Aimpoint, it's bye bye to the Aimpoint.

I had one years ago with the battery issues(where the units would fail due to the battery compartment design. They changed the battery setup to avoid that a while ago though(at the time they turned the batteries sideways from memory).

As far as the issues with poi shift and what not yea I'd say the vast majority would never see them.

To pretty much anyone if you like the optic I say go nuts. Personally years ago when I was looking at them and aimpoint I picked up one of each. In the end I preferred the aimpoint and went that way.

Falar
09-23-18, 02:31
I was interested when these were announced as I find green easier/faster to pick up than red. But last I saw it is only going to be available in the 2- models, not the 3-

mebiuspower
09-23-18, 09:53
I was interested when these were announced as I find green easier/faster to pick up than red. But last I saw it is only going to be available in the 2- models, not the 3-

Because green works but doesn't work well with NVG.

mig1nc
09-23-18, 15:55
I don't think it would work at all if you have a LIF installed, since it blocks tank lasers and their half-frequency brother which happens to be green.
Because green works but doesn't work well with NVG.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

mebiuspower
09-26-18, 15:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdqrRZ15CnI

mebiuspower
09-29-18, 05:45
http://soldiersystems.net/2018/09/29/ussocom-replaces-eotech-sights-with-eotech-sights/

arptsprt
09-29-18, 17:17
I bought one. I’m going to send it back. I thought it would be better than the red with my astigmatism but it isn’t. In fact it seems worse.

Surprised because the green reticles in my AGOGs is crystal clear vs. my red Eotechs and Aimpoints.

Walker_Texasranger
09-29-18, 20:01
I bought one. I’m going to send it back. I thought it would be better than the red with my astigmatism but it isn’t. In fact it seems worse.

Surprised because the green reticles in my AGOGs is crystal clear vs. my red Eotechs and Aimpoints.

Interesting and disappointing to hear. That’s the exact reason why I wanted one.

arptsprt
09-29-18, 21:00
Same here. I took out the red and green out today to shoot side by side and was very surprised how distorted the green reticle is even in good light. I’m almost wondering if there is something wrong with it.

Or, maybe the laser in this color is just not compatible with my eye. I’d like to check out the green Trijicon MRO but I love the Eotech reticle.

Interesting and disappointing to hear. That’s the exact reason why I wanted one.