PDA

View Full Version : Issue with brand new Zev G19- need help.

elephant
08-28-18, 02:39
Took my new Zev 19 to the range last Sunday. Standard Zev G19 except with an added Zev compensator and threaded barrel. I use ETS magazines with Zev magazine extensions. I shot standard Remington UMC and Federal FMJ. I shot (5) 19 round magazines. This is a new gun and a modified glock, so I do expect a break in period but I don't really expect malfunctions. Maybe these are not malfunctions but just kinks that need to be worked out.

First of all when I racked the slide to load the gun, the slide would fail to fully lock into shooting position, I had to use my palm as a "forward assist". I noticed this happened a few times and it looked like the extractor was not able to grip the rim of the bullet or the slide didn't have the forward momentum necessary to fully put the bullet into the breech. I used both threaded ZEV barrel and non threaded ZEV barrel and had same results. Is this problem coming from the recoil spring and guide rod or something else like the feed ramp on the barrel?

Second, the slide never once locked open after the last round. Is that normal for a Zev? I know they modify Glocks pretty extensively but I don't know if that is a feature or not. What would be the cause for that?

Third, every 4 or 5 rounds I would have to manually cycle the gun to eject a round that failed to fire. After examining the round, I noticed that the primer had an indention from the striker. I would load that round back into the mag and fire again without a problem. Is this problem coming from the striker or striker spring? I was using ammo I purchased within the last 7 days, 2 boxes of Remington, 1 box of Federal.

It kind of worries me thinking that this is my EDC, and the first time I used this gun, I experience these things. What are your thoughts?

WTF?Shane
08-28-18, 02:55
Not sure about the first two, but change out the striker spring with a heavier one to combat the light primer strikes.

Edit: For the second issue, are you accidentally riding the slide release? I did this a lot when I first got my 17.

If not, maybe the recoil spring is too heavy. I have 15lb spring in my 17, and it locks back with underpowered loads.

Chameleox
08-28-18, 05:17
First of all when I racked the slide to load the gun, the slide would fail to fully lock into shooting position, I had to use my palm as a "forward assist". I noticed this happened a few times and it looked like the extractor was not able to grip the rim of the bullet or the slide didn't have the forward momentum necessary to fully put the bullet into the breech. I used both threaded ZEV barrel and non threaded ZEV barrel and had same results. Is this problem coming from the recoil spring and guide rod or something else like the feed ramp on the barrel?

About 1/8 inch or so out f battery? What internals are you using? I had a similar experience with a G17 with Ghost internals. A combination of the firing pin spring, recoil spring, and the trigger spring was the culprit. Back to OEM and it was fixed. In my case, the extractor was engaging properly; check to make sure this is the case with yours as well.

Business_Casual
08-28-18, 05:33
First of all, you carry a gun you’ve not shot? And then continue to carry it after those problems? I would rethink that.

Second, send it back. What’s wrong is their problem to find and fix.

Some might wonder if this is another of your “look at my kit, it is so exotic ” posts, perhaps.

CDR_Glock
08-28-18, 06:30
Took my new Zev 19 to the range last Sunday. Standard Zev G19 except with an added Zev compensator and threaded barrel. I use ETS magazines with Zev magazine extensions. I shot standard Remington UMC and Federal FMJ. I shot (5) 19 round magazines. This is a new gun and a modified glock, so I do expect a break in period but I don't really expect malfunctions. Maybe these are not malfunctions but just kinks that need to be worked out.

Second, the slide never once locked open after the last round. Is that normal for a Zev? I know they modify Glocks pretty extensively but I don't know if that is a feature or not. What would be the cause for that?

Third, every 4 or 5 rounds I would have to manually cycle the gun to eject a round that failed to fire. After examining the round, I noticed that the primer had an indention from the striker. I would load that round back into the mag and fire again without a problem. Is this problem coming from the striker or striker spring? I was using ammo I purchased within the last 7 days, 2 boxes of Remington, 1 box of Federal.

It kind of worries me thinking that this is my EDC, and the first time I used this gun, I experience these things. What are your thoughts?

Zev barrels need a break in. I’d take off all of the extra tacticool stuff and fire it without the junk. They have such tight tolerances. On top of that, the slide is lighter than factory. It has so many variables to tinker with. That’s why I don’t mess with those totally tricked out things.

You could completely strip the slide and remove the trigger bar to make sure they assembled it correctly. Sometimes the pins are not even seated properly, affecting extraction.

I’d try a standard G19 spring, first. Most of these are set for low recoil ammo for competition. 18 or 15 pound, at least.

I’d never carry a Zev for SD. I’ve seen them fail in competitions.

I do a stock Glock, personally, though I have switched to a SS Guide rod and lower weighted recoil spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

gtmtnbiker98
08-28-18, 07:31
I'd personally just carry a stock Glock. So much money to end up with an expensive paperweight.

MegademiC
08-28-18, 07:44

1. Are you letting the slide feed from a magazine, and slam home from slidelock?
2. Try 1 handed, your support hand migh be holding the slide lock- i had to switch to stock slide locks, anything else wont lock back due to my grip.
3. Light strikes- due to light striker spring most likely.
4. Dont carry a gun you havent vetted, especially a non-stock gun. Make sure you clean and lube new guns before shooting them.

themonk
08-28-18, 07:59
I agree with CDR. I would take off the comp and use stock glock mags, put 500 rounds of full strength ammo like Speer Lawman through it. Let the gun (barrel and slide) break in. Or as others have said for the money it's not your problem - send it back. Personally whenever I thought it was good (break in by me or them) I would pout at least 1k of decent ammo through it and 250 rounds of your SD ammo before I would carry it. I use HST.

diving dave
08-28-18, 09:16
Who would have thought we'd see a day when G19's had to be broken in to run right.........:dance3:

HeruMew
08-28-18, 09:47
Who would have thought we'd see a day when G19's had to be broken in to run right.........:dance3:

In all fairness, most guns, Glocks included, require some sort of break-in.

However, I would trust a stock Glock to go bang right out of the box; if I had to choose between some of the major companies, unopened boxes in front of me, and I gotta choose one to rely on from that moment out: More likely going to be Glock.

With that being said, I carry a CZ everyday.

CDR_Glock
08-28-18, 10:01

However, I would trust a stock Glock to go bang right out of the box; if I had to choose between some of the major companies, unopened boxes in front of me, and I gotta choose one to rely on from that moment out: More likely going to be Glock.

With that being said, I carry a CZ everyday.

I trust a Stock Glock but these Modded Glocks are a little bit more trouble than they’re worth. The require a break in because they do right tolerances. The slide is lighter and the springs are lighter. They’re more of a gamer gun than something I’d trust my life with.

I have a tricked out Glock but I’ve put over 800 rounds (it’s up to 2250 now) before I considered carrying it. I had some Agency barrel that didn’t work worth a damn.

I, too, have jumped onto the CZ wagon as they’re one of the best once the grip is changed and I added the spring kit. I have 3 CZs, though I have 9 Glock pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nightchief
08-28-18, 10:10
Comp'd Glocks usually require a lighter recoil spring if you intend to shoot low pressure practice ammo, including AE 124gr. With a Silencer Co barrel and TBRC comp, factory G19 recoil spring and AE 124, the cases were dribbling out, not ejecting over the shoulder. Freedom Munition 9mm would fail to cycle periodically. I changed to a 13 lb EMSI recoil spring and that cured the ejection. The G19 I was trying these components with was a gen 5 and stock besides the barrel, comp and spring (once changed).

If you're using 124 gr NATO spec or +P 9mm, the stock recoil spring works.

I've had issues with the slide not locking back account my grip, but not attributable to the gun itself. I ahve the same issue as MegademiC with catching the slide lock lever. I use the Tango Down/Vickers slide lock lever, but may be changing back to the stock ones.

I once tried a reduced power striker spring and I would occasionally get soft striker hits. I went back to the stock spring and haven't had a FTF (taht wasn't ammo related) since.

Good luck with the Zev...kinda a bummer to have to tweak a high end custom pistol

NC

p7fl
08-28-18, 11:26
I am sure they fire the gun and it works before it leaves the factory. So sending it back might not be the quickest way to get answers.

Beg, borrow or steal another stock 19. Start by using OEM magazines, then switch to 3 or 4 types of factory ammo. when you load the first round are you bringing the slide all the way back to your shoulder and releasing or just far enough to fit a round in?
Exchange complete firing pin and spring. After all this then it might be worth sending it back.

edit: call Brownells etc if you can't get another G 19. Order a OEM magazine, firing pin and spring. It will not cost much.

Business_Casual
08-28-18, 12:48
I am sure they fire the gun and it works before it leaves the factory. So sending it back might not be the quickest way to get answers.

Beg, borrow or steal another stock 19. Start by using OEM magazines, then switch to 3 or 4 types of factory ammo. when you load the first round are you bringing the slide all the way back to your shoulder and releasing or just far enough to fit a round in?
Exchange complete firing pin and spring. After all this then it might be worth sending it back.

edit: call Brownells etc if you can't get another G 19. Order a OEM magazine, firing pin and spring. It will not cost much.

LOL, $2,500 but why hold Zev accountable?

B Cart
08-28-18, 13:01
I had the same issue with my Zev Glock 19. I was getting frequent light primer strikes (not firing) on ammo that had heavy primers, because the Zev striker spring was too light. The recoil spring was also too light so it didn’t have enough force to push the slide fully into battery, and it could be pulled out of battery very easily. I kept the Zev Trigger in the gun but replaced the Zev striker and recoil springs with the factory Glock springs and I’ve never had an issue since.

26 Inf
08-28-18, 18:03
There has been a lot of foolishness in this thread:

Really? To function?

I'm with you Business Casual.

I especially liked this part: edit: call Brownells etc if you can't get another G 19. Order a OEM magazine, firing pin and spring. It will not cost much.

I guess cost much is a matter of perspective - Brownell's prices: mag - $19.99; striker assy (firing pin) $45.17; recoil spring $7.99. So $73.15 to troubleshoot his $1200.00.00 Zev Bling19.

elephant
08-28-18, 18:09
First of all, you carry a gun you’ve not shot? And then continue to carry it after those problems? I would rethink that.

Second, send it back. What’s wrong is their problem to find and fix.

Some might wonder if this is another of your “look at my kit, it is so exotic ” posts, perhaps.

First, Its the only pistol I own, so that's what I carry it, better than having nothing right. When I got to shoot it for the first time, I found some issues, so that why I'm here asking about them. Second, it might not be a ZEV problem, it could as simple as the wrong kind of ammo or wrong spring. And maybe your just insecure, perhaps.

Where did you get $2500? This is a ZEV Glock Defender, $1200 brand new. And my LGS included 2 ETS magazines with ZEV mag extensions.

I had the same issue with my Zev Glock 19. I was getting frequent light primer strikes (not firing) on ammo that had heavy primers, because the Zev striker spring was too light. The recoil spring was also too light so it didn’t have enough force to push the slide fully into battery, and it could be pulled out of battery very easily. I kept the Zev Trigger in the gun but replaced the Zev striker and recoil springs with the factory Glock springs and I’ve never had an issue since.

I appreciate your input, I have the guide rod that has the screw in the front end, should I replace just the spring or the entire spring/guide rod assembly? Also on the striker, should I replace just the spring or the spring/striker assembly?

Do you recommend using ETS magazines or should I use OEM Glock magazines? I liked the ETS because they were clear, and I don't have enough experience knowing the difference between the two. Do you think the light primer strikes was a striker spring issue or a ammo issue?

Business_Casual
08-28-18, 18:11
. And maybe your just insecure, perhaps.

Yes, that must be it! Thank you.

CDR_Glock
08-28-18, 18:13
First, Its the only pistol I own, so that's what I carry it, better than having nothing right. When I got to shoot it for the first time, I found some issues, so that why I'm here asking about them. Second, it might not be a ZEV problem, it could as simple as the wrong kind of ammo or wrong spring. And maybe your just insecure, perhaps.

Where did you get $2500? This is a ZEV Glock Defender, $1200 brand new. And my LGS included 2 ETS magazines with ZEV mag extensions.

I appreciate your input, I have the guide rod that has the screw in the front end, should I replace just the spring or the entire spring/guide rod assembly? Also on the striker, should I replace just the spring or the spring/striker assembly?

Do you recommend using ETS magazines or should I use OEM Glock magazines? I liked the ETS because they were clear, and I don't have enough experience knowing the difference between the two. Do you think the light primer strikes was a striker spring issue or a ammo issue?

Use as much of the factory parts as you can. Break in the barrel, then add one at a time seeing what works and what doesn’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

B Cart
08-28-18, 18:17

I think the light primer strikes were most likely due to the striker spring, and not an ammo issue. Obviously I can’t be 100% sure, but a new striker spring fixed mine and I’ve never had a single light primer strike with any ammo since I replaced the spring. I don’t think you need to replace the striker at all, just the spring. As for the guide rod, you can get a factory Glock Guide Rod assembly and spring for $6.99 at Midway. I would get the rod/spring assembly together. That’s what I did, and replacing the guide rod and spring and striker spring fixed my issues immediately. The slide cycle and trigger pull won’t be quite as light as they were with the Zev springs, but it will be back to 100% reliable for carry. I feel like the Zev springs are made for competition with competition ammo. Hope that helps!

MegademiC
08-28-18, 18:28

On that guide rod, just change the spring.
Use Glock brand magazines, especially when troubleshooting. The mag being clear wont improve reliability or accuracy.

elephant
08-28-18, 20:40
On that guide rod, just change the spring.
Use Glock brand magazines, especially when troubleshooting. The mag being clear wont improve reliability or accuracy.

I see a 17, 15, 13 and 11 pound recoil spring and a 3lb, 2lb and "Pro" striker spring, which do you recommend.

MegademiC
08-28-18, 20:48
I see a 17, 15, 13 and 11 pound recoil spring and a 3lb, 2lb and "Pro" striker spring, which do you recommend.

I buy Glock parts from glockstore.com when possible. Get a factory striker spring(not sure weight).

Stock weights are 18# for a g17 and 16 or 17# for a g19.
Not sure you have a spring issue- does the slide not go into battery when released from slidelock? Maybe the it needs broken in? Maybe it needs a factory spring? Generally factory springs dont cycle reliably with comps. Is the spring too heavy?

Edit
See 1. And 2. In post 7.

PD Sgt.
08-28-18, 21:27
I would also recommend returning the striker spring and recoil springs to factory. The heavier (stock) spring will cause a slight increase in trigger pull weight, but the trade off is reliable ignition. In several of my Glocks I use the factory extra power striker spring to get reliable ignition with hard primers (had a bad lot or two at work). I think my trigger weight went up about a pound.

I also strongly recommend using factory mags for defensive purposes. I have ETS and Magpul magazines, and while they have run pretty reliably for me, I only use them for training to avoid wear and tear on my Glock mags. As cheap as mags are right now, there is no excuse for not picking some up.

My own two cents; the more I have carried and shot Glock pistols, the more stock they have become. Right now I carry a Gen5 19 for work and the only non factory part is a grip plug. Everything else is factory, including the BOLD sights. About the craziest any of mine get anymore are a Wilson Combat barrel (my favorite aftermarket) and one RMR I am evaluating.

26 Inf
08-28-18, 23:05
Guys, step back a minute and think about what you are saying.

He paid 1200.00 for a custom pistol that doesn't work. I get the put it back to stock and work from there when troubleshooting something you built, but I think it is ridiculous to do that with a custom gun you have purchased. Much less go out and buy stock parts you don't have on hand to test the weapon.

Send it back. Absent that go to a gunstore that has an armorer/smith and have them check it.

I don't know if Zev sends a build sheet with their pistols that details what has been done and specifies what ammo the pistol has been geared to use. If that is the case, perhaps the OP didn't read the sheet to find the ammo. I would definitely use 124 or 147 grain ammo versus bulk pack 115's to test.

As for this:

1) First of all when I racked the slide to load the gun, the slide would fail to fully lock into shooting position, I had to use my palm as a "forward assist". I noticed this happened a few times and it looked like the extractor was not able to grip the rim of the bullet or the slide didn't have the forward momentum necessary to fully put the bullet into the breech.

The term would be fail to go fully into battery. Pretty much the most common causes have been mentioned. You mentioned I used both threaded ZEV barrel and non threaded ZEV barrel. Were they both fitted to the pistol? I ass-u-me that at least one is fitted. It could be they got it a little tight which might be exacerbated by a lose grip in causing the slide not to go fully into battery.

For your general knowledge, when an auto pistol feeds a round, the case head slides up under the extractor. If the extractor is set too tight it it may cause the problem you've experienced.

One course of action might be to have someone else (a knowledgeable shooter) fire the pistol and see if they have the same problem.

2) Second, the slide never once locked open after the last round. IMO as to order of probability - thumb riding on slide catch, weak grip, bad mags, recoil spring too stout, slide velocity outrunning mag spring. Check the mags by inserting each one, empty, into the magwell with the slide forward. Using an overhand grip on the rear of the slide rip it vigorously to the rear striping the slide from your hand. If each mag's springs and followers are good they will lock the slide to the rear.

3) Third, every 4 or 5 rounds I would have to manually cycle the gun to eject a round that failed to fire. After examining the round, I noticed that the primer had an indention from the striker. Where were the indentations on the primer? Glocks have a tendency to give light hits if the slide isn't all the way into battery. In those cases the indentation will be off center and light. Yes, they could have a spring combo in the pistol that is giving you light hits, but, with all that has been said, I doubt that is the case. If that is the case, it is their problem to fix, not yours.

TLDR: Get a known pistolero to shoot the weapon and see if they have the same problems. Use full power ammo, not bulk pack. Have an armorer/gunsmith look at it before you start swapping parts. Send it back to Zev.

elephant
08-29-18, 01:24

He paid 1200.00 for a custom pistol that doesn't work. I get the put it back to stock and work from there when troubleshooting something you built, but I think it is ridiculous to do that with a custom gun you have purchased. Much less go out and buy stock parts you don't have on hand to test the weapon.

Send it back. Absent that go to a gunstore that has an armorer/smith and have them check it.

I don't know if Zev sends a build sheet with their pistols that details what has been done and specifies what ammo the pistol has been geared to use. If that is the case, perhaps the OP didn't read the sheet to find the ammo. I would definitely use 124 or 147 grain ammo versus bulk pack 115's to test.

As for this:

1) First of all when I racked the slide to load the gun, the slide would fail to fully lock into shooting position, I had to use my palm as a "forward assist". I noticed this happened a few times and it looked like the extractor was not able to grip the rim of the bullet or the slide didn't have the forward momentum necessary to fully put the bullet into the breech.

The term would be fail to go fully into battery. Pretty much the most common causes have been mentioned. You mentioned I used both threaded ZEV barrel and non threaded ZEV barrel. Were they both fitted to the pistol? I ass-u-me that at least one is fitted. It could be they got it a little tight which might be exacerbated by a lose grip in causing the slide not to go fully into battery.

For your general knowledge, when an auto pistol feeds a round, the case head slides up under the extractor. If the extractor is set too tight it it may cause the problem you've experienced.

One course of action might be to have someone else (a knowledgeable shooter) fire the pistol and see if they have the same problem.

2) Second, the slide never once locked open after the last round. IMO as to order of probability - thumb riding on slide catch, weak grip, bad mags, recoil spring too stout, slide velocity outrunning mag spring. Check the mags by inserting each one, empty, into the magwell with the slide forward. Using an overhand grip on the rear of the slide rip it vigorously to the rear striping the slide from your hand. If each mag's springs and followers are good they will lock the slide to the rear.

3) Third, every 4 or 5 rounds I would have to manually cycle the gun to eject a round that failed to fire. After examining the round, I noticed that the primer had an indention from the striker. Where were the indentations on the primer? Glocks have a tendency to give light hits if the slide isn't all the way into battery. In those cases the indentation will be off center and light. Yes, they could have a spring combo in the pistol that is giving you light hits, but, with all that has been said, I doubt that is the case. If that is the case, it is their problem to fix, not yours.

TLDR: Get a known pistolero to shoot the weapon and see if they have the same problems. Use full power ammo, not bulk pack. Have an armorer/gunsmith look at it before you start swapping parts. Send it back to Zev.

Thanks for your help 26 Inf:
Any Glock/Zev pistol pros in and around DFW willing to test this? I can donate 200-400 rounds

MegademiC
08-29-18, 08:05

As for this:

OP clearly does not want to send it back.
Should have purchased a Glock, but he doesnt want that either, so here we are

ST911
08-29-18, 08:54
Send the gun back, let Zev make it right.

ralph
08-29-18, 17:23

Could'nt agree more.. OP, you're finding out the hard way about some of these "custom" glocks..

Iraqgunz
08-29-18, 19:39
This is the true and correct answer.

elephant
08-29-18, 22:55
Ok, took the gun to the gun store I bought it from who employs a full time gun smith.

He was only able to replicate the slide not going into battery. But only one time after 10 attempts. So the slide not staying open after the last shot fired is most likely from me, and I think its because this gun as a large mag release and I am trying to keep my thumb out of the way of it and most likely putting pressure on the slide release. The light primer strikes could not be replicated by him. The reason he gave me the slide is not going into battery is most likely the extractor depressor plunger that operates the extractor, there is a little black plastic plug that is inserted in the rear of the spring with some kind of guide and it was damaged. He says that is the most likely reason the extractor got hung up on the bullet. He didn't have that little plastic piece so he is ordering a new plunder/spring. I could have damaged it the first time I bumped the slide into battery. Who knows...

Other than that, it should work like a charm from here on out. I didn't want to send it back because this is the only gun I have and ZEV is weeks behind right now. I appreciate you guys help, thought we couldn't replicate the light primer strikes, I will just have to play it by ear.

L-2
08-29-18, 23:50
Having multiple guns is a good thing. Whether it's another Glock 19 (Gen of choice) or even another make & model, is another choice. I can hardly remember when I only had one handgun available. I think it was in 1988.

Just for the readers' info, the polymer "spring loaded bearing" which may be the problem is a $1 part if ordered directly from Glock by a certified Glock armorer, but could take 2 to 4 weeks to get, again, if ordered from Glock. If ordered from Brownells, it'd be a $2-$3 part, but overnight shipping is an additional $20. Brownells standard shipping would usually take ~week. This is just for info.

If another similar Glock 19 was owned, the subject part could be taken from the working Glock and used in the non-working Glock, should the non-working ZevTech Glock be the preferred one to carry/use/shoot.

I hate having broken guns laying around awaiting parts, too. I feel the frustration in this thread.

26 Inf
08-30-18, 00:04
I believe you are talking about the spring loaded bearing. There are two of them for the 9mm's a thicker one for a non-loaded chamber indicator extractor, and a thinner one for a loaded chamber indicator extractor. This one is for a loaded chamber indicator extractor: http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=6838&CAT=801

If they had the thicker one on an LCI extractor that might be your problem.

Even if fitting the wrong bearing, it would be pretty hard to mess one up unless you put the slide cover plate on without depressing the spring loaded bearing. This is the slide cover plate: http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=6801&CAT=739

Do you know if he checked the slide to see barrel hood to slide gap was correct?

I believe the most likely cause of your light primer strikes was a slightly out of battery condition.

Hope it works.

ETA: someone else got it while I was typing.

556BlackRifle
08-30-18, 09:46
Elephant, if your light primer strikes are slightly off center, it's very likely that the light strikes were due to being slightly out of battery.

It is possible that the spring loaded bearing may be part of the extraction issue but I'd have to see it to know for sure.

It's not uncommon to have to tune a custom pistol to run with a particular load so there is a chance that you may need to try different recoil spring weights - so that is a possibility however, I'd talk to Zev about the problem before jumping to that conclusion.

My advice to first time Glock owners that are seeing problems are to use a firm thumbs forward grip, and make sure that you are not impeding the slide or limp wristing. Also to run a warmer round such as 9mm NATO for the first 100+ shots.

Good luck!

elephant
08-30-18, 13:51
Having multiple guns is a good thing.

Well, to be honest, I also have a older Ducks Unlimited Browning Buckmark .22 that my dad gave me. A couple of years ago I had a Sig MK25 that I really liked and it was stolen out of my car along with my phone. I actually carried the Browning until a few months ago when I purchased this gun. I figured "any day now" the police would call me and I would get my Sig back so there is no reason for me to go out and buy another gun. But after 2 years I figured its long gone, probably in Mexico, tucked in the pants of a drug mule running cocaine in the US for the Sinaloa Cartel-granted that's the worst case scenario.

CDR_Glock
08-30-18, 17:23
I acquired a Glock 19 that had a Cerakote slide, match grade barrel, and RMR.

Luckily I had the original barrel with the fancy barrel. It was my first thought to replace that piece first. The gun shoots fine. But with Cerakote and the right tolerances of the other barrel it did not match.

Any time there are additional mods, I try using as much of the original parts and see what works. I carry spare parts mainly because I have a big basement where springs have soared never to be found again.

When I worked on my CZ 75, the pin broke and I was in trouble since I didn’t have a spare. I bought spares just in case I had to service my firearm.

Same goes for my Ruger Mark II. Spare springs, firing pin, etc.

It is disheartening to hear an experience for a premium gun to fail, though.

I’d love to see an update after you return from the range. For me, I just go into my backyard and fire away. For others it takes driving somewhere that may not be convenient for time or other circumstances.

parishioner
08-30-18, 17:32
I didn't want to send it back because this is the only gun I have and ZEV is weeks behind right now.

You’ve claimed in previous threads you have a watch collection worth well over 100k, had a Ferrari, and enough disposable income to own and operate an AIRPLANE.

Stop being stingy and buy a stock Glock while you wait. Or don’t.

Whole things bizarre.

CDR_Glock
08-30-18, 17:36
You’ve claimed in previous threads you have a watch collection worth well over 100k, had a Ferrari, and enough disposable income to own and operate an AIRPLANE.

Stop being stingy and buy a stock Glock while you wait. Or don’t.

Whole things bizarre.

Whoa! Lol!

AKDoug
08-30-18, 18:12
My thoughts exactly. One is NONE. Two is one. I can't imagine living without two carry guns. $500 for second stock G19 (and it will work) is an easy solution to this problem.

Business_Casual
08-30-18, 20:38
Glock 23 police trade-in’s are $325ish. Not a huge investment in a secondary >

Iraqgunz
08-30-18, 22:50
I would buy a new Glock and then remove the firing pin. Then continue to carry on as normal.

.30kal
08-31-18, 14:01
Don't ever listen to whoever told you to buy a Zev as your one and only defensive pistol and non-OEM mags again. :rolleyes: For $2500, you could have bought 2 stock G19s that will run, OEM mags, a holster, ammo and taken a pistol/CCW class... or a nice 1911 that you could at least beat someone with if it choked.

HeruMew
08-31-18, 14:30
Don't ever listen to whoever told you to buy a Zev as your one and only defensive pistol and non-OEM mags again. :rolleyes: For $2500, you could have bought 2 stock G19s that will run, OEM mags, a holster, ammo and taken a pistol/CCW class... or a nice 1911 that you could at least beat someone with if it choked.

Woah woah... Shhh.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/50/74/07/507407fed759e76e64b5ceaa944b9ff3.jpg

No need to get every fudd outa the woodwork with that argument again, mate.

noonesshowmonkey
08-31-18, 15:03
Send it back and buy two Glock 19s and some ammo instead.

This is hilarious.

jesuvuah
08-31-18, 15:32
Send it back and buy two Glock 19s and some ammo instead.

This is hilarious.+1

I rented a zev g17 once. I walked away thinking I would never trade my stock flock for that.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk