PDA

View Full Version : Spare BCG question

frogger
10-28-08, 23:30
Last night I was lucky enough to find a retailer with BCM BCG's in stock. I ordered two. One for my existing RRA Middy to replace the stock BCG that is of course NOT properly staked and one for the M4gery I am in the process of building. Right now, my plan is to hold onto the RRA BCG as a spare in case of breakage. Odds are, the gas key isn't going to work itself loose in my range bag. However, do you guys think it would be worth it to sell my RRA BCG and buy a 3rd BCM BCG as a spare? Money is tight right now, but if I could get a decent price for the RRA I could kick in the difference. Normally, I'd just wait until money wasn't so tight, but these are so hard to find lately I'm tempted to grab one more while I still can.

Detective_D
10-29-08, 08:42
I dont see why you would need to sell it just to get another spare. I would just use the RRA in case of emergency, and then if something goes wrong, with your primary, get a new primary while using the RRA.

Just my .02
~D

Heartland Hawk
10-29-08, 08:43
If you could find a BCM BCG, I would buy it quick, then offset the price with the sale of the other. You would have to make up the price diff, but it shouldn't e much.

my .02

markm
10-29-08, 08:54
Uhh... you could just STAKE the key on the RRA. :eek:

frogger
10-29-08, 09:34
Uhh... you could just STAKE the key on the RRA. :eek:

But that won't make the RRA carrier an M16 carrier.

Stan_TheGunNut
10-29-08, 09:57
But that won't make the RRA carrier an M16 carrier.

There's no NEED for it to be an M16 carrier if you don't have an M16. The RRA will work fine. I'd just make sure it's properly staked and keep it. Of course, it's yours, so do what you want with it.

markm
10-29-08, 10:24
There's no NEED for it to be an M16 carrier if you don't have an M16. The RRA will work fine. I'd just make sure it's properly staked and keep it. Of course, it's yours, so do what you want with it.

Exactly. I have a couple of guns with Semi style carriers in them. If I have the choice I'll get the standard carrier, but if it's already here.. no biggie.

RogerinTPA
10-29-08, 14:30
If money is tight, why don't you shoot the RRA BCG until it fails, then use the BCM BCG as a spare or swap it out when u take a carbine course? That's what I'm doing with the AR-15 BCG that came with my saber defense middy upper. I'll continuing to use it until failure, then swap it with my spare BCM FA BCG.