PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

motorcyclemac
10-28-08, 23:54
Hello All..

New to the list here. Been lurking for the last couple days and decided to make it official.

I am a former Bushmaster owner (I sold it due to sloppy accuracy) and now I have a new AR on "lay away" at the gun shop. I know I will get some serious crap about buying a DPMS and since I only have a few hundred bucks on it...I can probably be swayed from buying that brand. SOOOOO.....coach away guys. I have read alot about DPMS on this site and still sit on the fence. I am all ears...please educate me.

I have shot competitively with both handgun and high power rifle. After 8 straight years of competition my wallet persuaded me to take a break. I will return to it someday but for now my shop gets all my spare money. I have shot IPSC, PPC, bowling pins and some long range high power rifle as well as 4 position indoor small bore rifle.

I am an active reloader and tend to stick to precision reloading vs high volume. I don't much like loading for plinking but much prefer to load precision rifle. I guess I got the high volume reloading out of my system during my IPSC days. Nowadays I like to challenge myself to smaller groups thru personal skill and high quality hand made ammo.

I am a small business owner of a one man (ME!) machine shop. I do fabrication, welding and custom machine work to include some tool and die work. I have a lengthy past history of gunsmithing. I have been pretty focused on S&W revolvers, Remington 700 and Remington 870. I have little or no experience with smithing on AR-15s. I can tear 'em down and put them together but I have never done any custom machine work for the AR.

When work is slow in the shop I work for a local petroleum jobber managing the transportation department.

I am looking forward to spending some time interacting you folks and learning.

Cheers
Mac.