PDA

View Full Version : Difference between CQB and rifle LMT?

FLGator
10-29-08, 08:55
I'm shopping for my first AR and I'm considering the LMT CQB. My question is what is the difference between the CQB and a regular integrated rail upper if I'm using a 16 inch barrel either way? Would this involve and different gas system?
thanks

Flipside
10-29-08, 10:21
After talking with Ryan @ LMT about the same question, I learned that the only difference would be the gas system. However, a rifle gas system with a 16" BBL is a no-go. (1) The flash hider would get in the way and (2) there wouldn't be enough pressure long enough for the gas system to do it's thing.

Hope this helps.

RHR
10-29-08, 10:57
I'm shopping for my first AR and I'm considering the LMT CQB. My question is what is the difference between the CQB and a regular integrated rail upper if I'm using a 16 inch barrel either way? The only difference is the length. The CQB won't cover the gasblock on a 16" barrel the Standard will.

Would this involve and different gas system? No
thanks

Are you looking at the CQB or the CQB piston?

FLGator
10-29-08, 12:37
Just the CQB, not the piston. I'm shopping for my first AR. By the time I buy a top tier gun and add rails and a rear sight I'm near the cost of a CQB. I want to stick with the 16in barrel though.

sproing
10-29-08, 12:37
I assume you are talking about the MRP. According to their site, the difference is really just the rail length. LMT's web page for the rifle-length MRP (http://lewismachine.net/product.php?p=56) shows that you can order any barrel length.

From their site: "The MRP will come with any barrel of your choice, please choose which length you would like from the Barrel Assemblies option below. Bolt carrier group and Charging handle are a seperate purchase."

Gunrider
10-29-08, 17:41
16 inch CQB from LMT --

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/LMTMRPCQB.jpg

You can see that the 16 inch gas block is not covered by the monolithic rail. You can switch the barrels out for different lengths and calibers.

Spooky130
10-29-08, 21:16
I have a rifle length MRP.

MRP will allow you to quickly change out barrels (you will need bolts and magazines for different calibers). The MRP standard barrels are fairly heavy profile - heavier than gov't lighter than HBAR. MRPs use proprietary extensions - meaning you can only use the barrels LMT sells specifically for the MRP. If you want to upgrade your barrel someday to say a Noveske or Lilja you can't do it.

Spooky

Ryo
10-31-08, 16:16
Correction.. you can use LMT MRP barrels, or custom made barrels for the LMT MRP.

Spikes had a run on 9mm MRP barrels a month ago.. and I believe they are going to do a .22 MRP barrel run very soon.