PDA

View Full Version : RIP Mr. Reynolds.....

SteyrAUG
09-06-18, 17:17
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/burt-reynolds-dead-actor-dies-at-82/

My childhood would have never been the same without Star Wars and Smokey and the Bandit. As a early "cable kid" I probably watched Hooper a hundred times.

Actually got to meet him when I worked set security for the film Striptease. And nobody ever saved the day like his character did in Deliverance.

Probably more capable an actor than he will ever get credit for. Never completely understood the attraction to Sally Field, especially given how many smoking hot actresses he nailed, but whatever.

Moose-Knuckle
09-06-18, 17:21
Lot of good films I grew up on . . .

No particular order:

White Lighting
Gator
Sharky's Machine
Stick

But probably my favorite film of his . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXhVaSdOcYw

wildcard600
09-06-18, 17:28
Sad to hear. Burt was a legend.

RIP

Doc Safari
09-06-18, 17:33
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/burt-reynolds-dead-actor-dies-at-82/

My childhood would have never been the same without Star Wars and Smokey and the Bandit. .

My mom was a diehard Burt Reynolds fan, so I got to see all his good movies and all his bad ones when I was a kid. I've seen Smokey and the Bandit so many times I couldn't even estimate how many times.

Hooper is possibly the only other movie of his besides Smokey that I would own.

SteyrAUG
09-06-18, 17:37
My mom was a diehard Burt Reynolds fan, so I got to see all his good movies and all his bad ones when I was a kid. I've seen Smokey and the Bandit so many times I couldn't even estimate how many times.

Hooper is possibly the only other movie of his besides Smokey that I would own.

Check out Sharky's Machine.

Doc Safari
09-06-18, 17:42
Check out Sharky's Machine.

I've seen it. That's the one with the "finger cutting" scene right? I guess it was okay.

I've been wanting to see Impasse again but I don't think it's even on streaming anywhere.

flenna
09-06-18, 17:50
I've seen it. That's the one with the "finger cutting" scene right? I guess it was okay.

I've been wanting to see Impasse again but I don't think it's even on streaming anywhere.

That's the one. It has probably been 30 years since I have seen that movie and that scene is still the one that stands out in my mind.

Doc Safari
09-06-18, 17:52
That's the one. It has probably been 30 years since I have seen that movie and that scene is still the one that stands out in my mind.

Watch "The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing." One guy is beaten to death (takes him a few scenes to die), and the guy that beats him up gets shot in the junk IIRC.

OH58D
09-06-18, 17:53
1972's Deliverance has always been a favorite of mine.

SteyrAUG
09-06-18, 17:59

That's the one, that was actually Bruce Lee protege Dan Inosanto doing the finger cutting, and I always was a fan of Rachel Ward. One of the few 80s films from Renoylds that I like.

GH41
09-06-18, 18:15
Not to piss on Burt's funeral but what is the story on him being gay or at least bi?? I lived in Savannah during the time he filmed there. Local news found him at every gay/trans bar in town. I don't give a rat's ass how he swung but don't like how MSM is portraying him as a ladies man. I would feel more comfortable if MSM just heralded his accomplishments on film.

jmp45
09-06-18, 19:04
Odd.. 'The Crew' 1980 just arrived today from netflix. Going to watch that tonight. The End is another Burt favorite here.

platoonDaddy
09-06-18, 19:33
RIP oldMan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX0vCVphvHM&feature=youtu.be

SilverBullet432
09-06-18, 21:49
Loaded up n’ truckin’ 24/7! RIP!

duece71
09-06-18, 22:29
Smokey and the Bandit and Sharkeys machine. What was the one about a group of convicts in prison playing football against the guards? RIP.

SteyrAUG
09-07-18, 01:04
Not to piss on Burt's funeral but what is the story on him being gay or at least bi?? I lived in Savannah during the time he filmed there. Local news found him at every gay/trans bar in town. I don't give a rat's ass how he swung but don't like how MSM is portraying him as a ladies man. I would feel more comfortable if MSM just heralded his accomplishments on film.

Probably hung out at homo bars because he felt like it. Doesn't really make him gay. Maybe he got more free drinks that way. And there is a lot of foundation for the "ladies man" stuff, he's probably banged more hot chicks than you could in three lifetimes.

Doc Safari
09-07-18, 08:49

I am 54 years old and this is literally the first time I've heard of it. Can't say it's not true but I think with homosexuality not having the stigma it used to he would have admitted it before going to his grave.

ramairthree
09-07-18, 11:03
I liked some of his movies.

I like the time he represents.

He was not your modern super pretty boy model or weight lifting magazine cover model or world class thespian.

He was a regular guy that was a little above average in things and seemed more real than a lot of your current crop of actors.

Never heard about the gay thing. I have noted gay dudes are like chick magnets. Probably tons of actual women there.

titsonritz
09-07-18, 11:45
R.I.P. Burt. I enjoyed the hell out his movies growing up. Petty soon there won't be anyone left worth watching.