PDA

View Full Version : Safety is a bit gritty, how to fix?

28_days
10-29-08, 17:55
I just received my new Stag lower halve (to go with my BCM upper). It's fantastic, except for the safety. It's a bit gritty, and likes to get caught halfway between safe and fire (which doesn't sound good). Is there a somewhat easy way to fix this?

Please note I've never assembled or disassembled an LPK. I'm under the assumption that I must: unscrew grip, remove safety detent and detent spring, and then remove the safety. Is this correct? Any pointers?

Thanks!

spamsammich
10-29-08, 18:03
Soak that badboy in CLP and cycle the crap out of the selector.

28_days
10-29-08, 18:20
Is there a way to do this without removing the selector? I could always spray CLP in there, but I've heard that you don't want to over-oil lowers. Is this true?

spamsammich
10-29-08, 19:20
CLP will eventually evaporate. If you want to get it out of there in a jiffy, spray it with non-fluorinated Brake Kleen. No need to disassemble, you're way overthinking this.

28_days
10-29-08, 20:03
EDIT: got it all figured out. Much simpler than I thought. I simply removed the grip, detent, and detent spring and the selector came right out. Thanks!

Ryo
10-31-08, 16:17
Yup.. that's the way to remove them.. Very easy. :)

Remember911
10-31-08, 19:16
This is the one resaon that I love this sight. Good info and no b---ll:D

bkb0000
10-31-08, 21:17
This is the one resaon that I love this sight. Good info and no b---ll:D

there's nothing worse than a pack of ellitist bastards, unless you're looking for accurate information. :)