PDA

View Full Version : 'Peppermint' Action Movie

Doc Safari
09-10-18, 10:38
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppermint_(2018_film)

My take: Pure unadulterated kill the bad guys shoot 'em up take no prisoners take out the trash bullet hose action adventure goodness.

Death Wish with boobs.

What's not to love?

'Nuff Said.

Sam
09-10-18, 13:41
She might be a flaming liberal and I don't see what she found in that loser Bin Aflact, but I enjoyed her action in the Kingdom movie when she used a folder to stab the Mooslim terrorist. I probably will go to see this one too.

signal4l
09-10-18, 13:45
She might be a flaming liberal and I don't see what she found in that loser Bin Aflact, but I enjoyed her action in the Kingdom movie when she used a folder to stab the Mooslim terrorist. I probably will go to see this one too.

The J Garner/ Saudi nut stab might be my favorite movie fight scene of all time. I will be watching Peppermint asap

The_War_Wagon
09-10-18, 13:47
Are millennial men just to wussy to be action stars these days, or what? :cray:

Doc Safari
09-10-18, 13:49
Honestly, it's almost a formula remake of every "Death Wish" plot movie you've ever seen, but with some interesting innovations. The action is fast and unrelenting. My girlfriend and I saw it this weekend and both of us had aching bladders at the end of the movie because we were afraid to miss something if we went to the restroom in the middle of it. My advice: don't drink any liquids before seeing this film; you won't be able to find a good spot to miss while you're in the bathroom.

Doc Safari
09-10-18, 13:52

As liberals go, though, at least she's not on the nutcase fringe:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/14059/jennifer-garner-gives-us-another-reason-love-her-amanda-prestigiacomo

Garner, a Democrat who's campaigned for both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, recently told The Washington Post that she understands why President Trump resonates with so many people, including some from rural areas in her home state of West Virginia, and expressed openness to his agenda. She even joked that she'd be willing to meet up with Trump and work with him.

My take: If I judged every piece of entertainment by the politics of the participants I'd probably just have to sit and stare out the window.

MountainRaven
09-10-18, 15:07
Are millennial men just to wussy to be action stars these days, or what? :cray:

Jennifer Garner is not a millennial. And the current trend in action movies seems to be showcasing, er, more veteran characters in action roles. (Most action stars don't really get their breakout roles until they're in their thirties, anyway, so the oldest millennials are only just now reaching the age where they'd make it into big budget action movies. Like Chris Hemsworth (Thor, Red Dawn), Chris Evans (Captain America, Snowpiercer, and he just barely qualifies), John Boyega (Star Wars, Pacific Rim: Uprising)... and a lot of actors I thought might be young enough to be millennials were born too early. And these guys are almost all landing roles as very young, inexperienced persons, which doesn't seem to be what people want in their semi-plausible, stylish action heroes in the early-21st Century.)

Sam
09-10-18, 15:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vMzL_XXDOA

Here is her fight scene.

Doc Safari
09-10-18, 15:43

Here is her fight scene.

You're gonna LOVE "Peppermint."

WillBrink
09-10-18, 17:21

Here is her fight scene.

Almost believable, but I just can't get into movies where uber pretty thin women like her go all action hero like that. I simply can't suspend my disbelief for it to enjoy such movies for the most part.

Averageman
09-10-18, 21:41
Almost believable, but I just can't get into movies where uber pretty thin women like her go all action hero like that. I simply can't suspend my disbelief for it to enjoy such movies for the most part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xdq3LV4yZ0

jmp45
09-10-18, 21:48
I agree with Will on this. Gina Carano is a better fit imho. Haywire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpLErgPHt_o

jmp45
09-10-18, 21:51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Qsl_6muRY

AKDoug
09-11-18, 00:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xdq3LV4yZ0 Good thing nobody has taught blondy to throw a punch or she'd be dangerous..LOL..

flenna
09-11-18, 04:59
Good thing nobody has taught blondy to throw a punch or she'd be dangerous..LOL..

Yeah, fat girl picked the wrong cheerleader to mess with.

Moose-Knuckle
09-11-18, 11:42
Peppermint is being released on the heels of the re-make of Death Wish, studios steal ideas from one another.

Some of you guys haven't been keeping up with the vigilante genre with female leads. Jodie Foster made a fantastic film entitled The Brave One eleven years ago.

There are some others with female leads like I Spit On Your Grave (2010 which is a re-make of the 1978 original) but the other titles escape me at the moment, some 60's/70's exploitation films in there as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yh8l6ztvAE

Doc Safari
09-11-18, 11:44
Would love to see Rosamund Pike make a movie like this. :D

SteyrAUG
09-11-18, 12:44
Good thing nobody has taught blondy to throw a punch or she'd be dangerous..LOL..

Actually if she threw correct punches she'd probably break fingers. It wasn't elegant but the windmill hammerfists were probably the best thing she could do.

Moose-Knuckle
09-11-18, 14:00
Would love to see Rosamund Pike make a movie like this. :D

Yeah that would be sweet, big fan of her's.

AKDoug
09-11-18, 17:33
Yeah, fat girl picked the wrong cheerleader to mess with.

Actually if she threw correct punches she'd probably break fingers. It wasn't elegant but the windmill hammerfists were probably the best thing she could do.

I bet she has brothers. My youngest daughter is a scrapper and dirty fighter, courtesy of her older brother. He's got a 100# on her and won't lay a finger on her any more.

ramairthree
09-12-18, 11:07

I agree.

Yet to this day people will argue for hours over the ability of a five and a half foot tall 135# half Chinese guy to defeat anyone based on some mythical aspects.

THCDDM4
09-12-18, 11:11
This movie looks awful. I'm sick of the "Tiny hot Female kicking hardened mens asses" BS Hollywood is pushing. It's too unbelievable and ridiculous.

Not going to see it.

Doc Safari
09-12-18, 11:11
To a certain extent all action movies are 'over the top' as far as how much damage the hero can either avoid or sustain and still remain in the fight. To my mind only movies like 'Ronin' are remotely realistic because they show the hero getting injured in a way that he has to get it taken care of pronto. There just aren't many action movies like that.

WillBrink
09-12-18, 11:18
I agree.

Yet to this day people will argue for hours over the ability of a five and a half foot tall 135# half Chinese guy to defeat anyone based on some mythical aspects.

Far more believable than some 125lb woman taking out trained men, but I don't watch goofy MA movies for essentially the same reasons.

Doc Safari
09-12-18, 11:21
Far more believable than some 125lb woman taking out trained men, but I don't watch goofy MA movies for essentially the same reasons.

I don't know about "trained" men so much (could be some I'd have to think about it). Mostly she takes out drug cartel types.

austinN4
09-12-18, 11:25
Gonna watch it anyway because I like her. Affleck was a fool. Glad to see she is working again.

THCDDM4
09-12-18, 11:31
I don't know about "trained" men so much (could be some I'd have to think about it). Mostly she takes out drug cartel types.

Drug cartels dicks are probably some of the most hardened folks around outside of military/LE. And a lot of them are former military and LE. That lifestyle is rough, tough and full of violence. Street fighting, drug slanging, murderous assholes with guns, knives and unlimited funds- are not soft folks.

Perhaps 1 in a billion females would be able to train and Harden themselves to the point of being capable of even a 1/10th of what these ladies in the movies are seen doing. And in real life, muscle mass makes a HUGE difference.

It's just laughable to believe females would be in any position to do this type of stuff. Now, seduction and clandestine murder, poisoning and killing from afar- that's believable AF and true to life. This 100 LB lady directly engaging and taking full strikes from a hardened criminal nonsense is beyond laughable and not reality at all.

THCDDM4
09-12-18, 11:32
To a certain extent all action movies are 'over the top' as far as how much damage the hero can either avoid or sustain and still remain in the fight. To my mind only movies like 'Ronin' are remotely realistic because they show the hero getting injured in a way that he has to get it taken care of pronto. There just aren't many action movies like that.

Absolutely. I can suspend disbelief to a point, once things cross that line, I laugh out loud and can't take the rest of it seriously. Too many movies cross that line.

Doc Safari
09-12-18, 11:34
Drug cartels dicks are probably some of the most hardened folks around outside of military/LE. And a lot of them are former military and LE. That lifestyle is rough, tough and full of violence. Street fighting, drug slanging, murderous assholes with guns, knives and unlimited funds- are not soft folks.

Perhaps 1 in a billion females would be able to train and Harden themselves to the point of being capable of even a 1/10th of what these ladies in the movies are seen doing. And in real life, muscle mass makes a HUGE difference.

It's just laughable to believe females would be in any position to do this type of stuff. Now, seduction and clandestine murder, poisoning and killing from afar- that's believable AF and true to life. This 100 LB lady directly engaging and taking full strikes from a hardened criminal nonsense is beyond laughable and not reality at all.

I agree, normally Barbie ain't so good at taking out armed professionals. At least the movie makers attempt to address this in "Peppermint."

If it helps you any, they go through an exposition where they show that she receives extensive training and experience after the incident that causes her to want revenge.

I hate to give away too much more. Some people want to see it without too much advance knowledge.

BTW: I recently saw "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom." Someone was telling me there really aren't dinosaurs anywhere anymore. Didn't ruin my movie experience.

Moose-Knuckle
09-12-18, 12:12
Gonna watch it anyway because I like her.

I'll watch it and probably own it just for the fact it's a vigilante film.

SteyrAUG
09-12-18, 13:17
I agree.

And yet, Bruce Lee was 5' 7" and 140 lbs and he regularly ****ed people up. Of course Rhonda Rousey is also about 5' 7" and 135 lbs. and I'm betting most people her would leave her alone.

Business_Casual
09-12-18, 19:53
BTW: I recently saw "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom." Someone was telling me there really aren't dinosaurs anywhere anymore. Didn't ruin my movie experience.

I agree, when they cast Ms. Garner, I’m quite sure the rationality of her martial abilities weren’t the primary concern.

https://youtu.be/1RmVOxmUiUQ

Business_Casual
09-12-18, 19:54

I agree, when they cast Ms. Garner, I’m quite sure the rationality of her martial abilities weren’t the primary concern.

https://youtu.be/1RmVOxmUiUQ

Doc Safari
09-13-18, 09:16
And yet, Bruce Lee was 5' 7" and 140 lbs and he regularly ****ed people up. Of course Rhonda Rousey is also about 5' 7" and 135 lbs. and I'm betting most people her would leave her alone.

Ronda Rousey is in "Mile 22"--another over-the-top action thriller that was worth the price of a movie ticket.

Averageman
09-13-18, 09:35
Rousey went out like a champ in that one.
Not "The Usual Suspects", but a great plot twist.